Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Talking The Manufacturer I work for!

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I figured I would start this thread. I encourage everyone who works for a manufacturer to post it here.

I never thought I would need to update this information but I was mistaken. I currently sell HME Ahrens-Fox & Custom Fab & Body in Central and Western NY. I was trying a bid service that gave me a wide area on a trial basis, that is why you saw a bid request from me.

Daniel Jenkins
    Last edited by Fyrtrks; 11-17-2005 at 08:31 AM.
    Fyrtrks

Thumbs up Manufacturer

Hello,

Glad to see that "us" manufacturers can finally come together on issues that seem to come up time to time here.I hope that finally they can ask "us" to address the questions and issues that concern them.

Thanks,
    LDF

MembersZone Subscriber Crisb1419's Avatar

Exclamation Illinois Sales

I am the Southern IL sales rep for Globe Mfg, Scott , Amkus , TFT , and just about anything else you may need.
    Last edited by Crisb1419; 11-21-2005 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Update info
    FF/Instructor
    "Train as you life depends on it, IT DOES!!"
    IACOJ
    MABAS 32

MembersZone Subscriber

Fyrtrks,

Whats is it that you sell, I am having a hard time finding information about your product. I see that you requested a bid pack for an apparatus that my department is getting. I am the truck committee chair and any thing you can help me with may help you in the long run. If you have any questions let me know.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by LDF4Ferrara
    Hello,

Glad to see that "us" manufacturers can finally come together on issues that seem to come up time to time here.I hope that finally they can ask "us" to address the questions and issues that concern them.

Thanks,
    LDF
    You'd be surprised my friend. I once had some negative comments about how a certain manufacturer was a little slow at getting us specs. I got a call from the sales rep, his boss, and the regional manager of the manufacturer finding out whats wrong and how they could help. Believe me, they are here.

MembersZone Subscriber BVFD1983's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic1006
    Fyrtrks,

Whats is it that you sell, I am having a hard time finding information about your product.
    Polyprene bodies.
    FTM - PTB

Default Now Selling.......

I work for Flint Hills Fire and Rescue Apparatus. We build our own brush rigs, cop cars and prisoner transport vehicles. We also represent the salesman for Sutphen who covers Kansas and several other states. We are the Kansas reps. for US Tanker and Wolverine Fire Apparatus. We are also an OEM rep. for Elkhart Brass.

Let me know if I can help!!
    I have but one ambition in life and that is to become a firefighter.

Now that things are more or less official, I need to "out" myself here on the forums so nothing comes back to bite me on the behind at a later date...

I've taken a sales position with one of the dealers in my state for Rosenbauer's line of fire apparatus. While I don't think I've ever slammed or trashed any brand of apparatus on these forums, I certainly will refrain from providing opinions that may be negative of any brand from this point on. I hope to expand my knowledge of what CAN be done with an apparatus as far as equipment, components, etc. - to provide more answers to technical questions on the forums.

And for those keeping score, yes - my department has just taken delivery of a Rosenbauer rig, with another on order, but both were ordered from a different dealer (I don't live in my own sales territory, and the firm I sell for doesn't cover the area in which I live), and my desire to sell and spec apparatus really grew after being involved in the purchase of these two rigs.

I'm still a firefighter, Lt., engineer, EMT, etc. first - so I will do my best not to post with a slant towards the brands I represent. I still think I'll have something to offer here...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default npfd801

Congradulations Joel !

I am sure you will do just fine and will start seeing things from another perspective that you never thought of before. That some sales people are in it just to make the sale & some do the right thing for the long haul.

MembersZone Subscriber

By the way, coffee is on the new guy after the first bid opening............

For you maybe, but I'll probably need something, ahem..."therapeutic"

For those not in the the know, Ed and I will likely compete against each other for some business, but I have no reason to believe we won't still treat each other like gentlemen. Ed is one of a handful of sales folks out there that I honestly felt I could trust as a member of my department's apparatus committee. Folks like that are increasingly hard to find... I'd go so far as to call Ed a friend "in the business."

Thanks for the encouragement!

Forum Member

Ed,

I like the new guy buys the coffe thing. I think I may owe you a pot or two here soon.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Coffee ?

An autographed Seagrave calendar will do, a 2006 issue. Coffee beans are not cheap these days !

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Holiday Cheer !

To my good friends who sell and service apparatus in the midwest, I wish you a safe holiday season for you and your family.

For NPFD801 & Chicago Seagrave, when you recieve your gift I must warn you that I decided to keep the Code 3 model of the Sutphen Tower for myself, just looked too good. So instead you will enjoy the nice piece of Illinois coal that burns real sweet......................... .........

Take Care !

Ed

Ed.....

With my natural gas bill, I hope it's a big piece. It wouldn't be any different than some of the "creative" heating methods we're seeing up here this winter. Energy prices are really starting to hit home with some poor folks up here.

While I haven't had the pleasure of meeting ChicagoSeagrave, he and I might have to join forces against the evil Ed the next time we're "all in the same place." Coffee is on me the first time guys.

Forum Member

Default Burning Coal

That actually will come in handy Ed as someone needs to light a fire under my *** so I sell some more units. Life is good brother. Have a very merry and safe holiday season everyone.

Thread Information