Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Training

Default Training

I'm wondering if anybody has any thoughts on training as far as what they do on regular meetings. I'm in charge of my post and we have great training sessions but I wanted to introduce some new blood to the weekly event. Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts for good training thats fun quick and easy to set up?

Forum Member

What type... Just Fire/Just EMS/EMS&Fire/or what we do EMS Fire and Police (seeing how we are a DPS)...

Fire or Fire/EMS kind of thing preferably fire though.

Default Re: Training

Originally posted by N8sfd333
    I'm wondering if anybody has any thoughts on training as far as what they do on regular meetings. I'm in charge of my post and we have great training sessions but I wanted to introduce some new blood to the weekly event. Does anybody have any ideas or thoughts for good training thats fun quick and easy to set up?
    WHOA WHOA WAIT A MINUTE!!!! WHO'S IN CHARGE OF MY POST??? hahaha
    FTM-PTB

"JOLLY ROGERS"
    FDNY E255 L157
    York, ME Fight'n Four :P

"Ridin with pride" 1971 American LaFrance, former Hartford CT ENGINE 15
    "Get in, sit down, shut up, and hang on"

Get a engine/pumper and go out. Practice pulling line, wrapping a hydrant, advancing and retreating a line, and donuts with either 1.75" and/or 2.5". Or get a ladder truck and go out and do some ladder drills, climb up and down with and without tools, go through windows and onto roofs, practice searches, SCBA procedures (Low Profile, Emergency Escape, Etc) and get everyone familiar with engine and truck operations. Also if you got a rescue truck try and get some extrication time or at least get to help a crew do it so you know how its done.

Hope this helps.
    Mike
    Mike
    Levittown, NY
    Cadet Corps Member
    1st Lieutenant

I'll tell you whos in charge jose! ITS ME PHIL! ALL me! and a little of yours too.

Default you mean?????

so you mean that you are just juniors not volunteer??? dang dude i was only wondering if you guys had the same trainging as this!!! well i am still willing to go for the first step so bring it on.
    Adam

so you mean that you are just juniors not volunteer??? dang dude i was only wondering if you guys had the same trainging as this!!! well i am still willing to go for the first step so bring it on.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this...

A "Junior" is similiar to a volunteer. In many cases, a "Junior" may have all the same training as a volunteer, or more. I have more EMS training as a Cadet Firefighter then some of the paid on call members of my department.

I think you're looking at the training side of things on a small scale. There are ALOT of things that you as a teenager will not be able to do, like pack up, enter IDLH environments, go into burning structures, drive apparatus, run the extrication tools, etc.

See your other post, and we'll go from there.

-CK

Default i understand

alright. im thinking of juniors as like rookies or more experience firefighters. i just want to help the community and help you. this may sound aqward (sp?) but im just like that. i took life gaurd traing not even two months ago. i just want to help. thats all oh and um sorry bout my spelling. check my other post that you posted on the other thread. thanks. Adam

MembersZone Subscriber

There are ALOT of things that you as a teenager will not be able to do, like pack up, enter IDLH environments, go into burning structures, drive apparatus, run the extrication tools, etc.
    You mean we can't drive at all, like pulling the engine out of quarters? And we can't run the extrication tools at all, even to just check them at the station? WHOOPS! I'm in trouble.

You mean we can't drive at all, like pulling the engine out of quarters? And we can't run the extrication tools at all, even to just check them at the station? WHOOPS! I'm in trouble.
    Hahahahaha. You should be smacked with a fish. :P

Im in trouble too. ohh well
    FTM-PTB/Leather Forever

If "Juniors" are driving apparatus, we have a problem.

You use "JUNIORS" like we're 12 im 19 buddy
    and on top of that you are the most negative person.

cant you take a joke?
    FTM-PTB/Leather Forever

We have done many things for training. From an EMS standpoint, we practice BP, pulse, CPR, AED's, backboards, KED boards, bandaging, and splinting. On the fire side, we have a whole ist of stuff that we do. If anyone would like this for ideas, post your email and I'll get it to you. During some summer meetings we practice for our various competitions.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Thread Information