Forum Member

Default Speeding Ticket May Set Record

A Minnesota motorcyclist may have hit a record for a speeding ticket: 205 mph.

Minnesota State Patrol pilot Al Loney was flying over U.S. Route 61 near Washaba, part of a task force cracking down on this fall's "Flood Run," an informal motorbike ride that takes place twice a year along the Mississippi River.

He looked down and saw two bikes racing at high speed, and when one shot ahead, Loney waited till the rider reached a white marker in the road. Then he clicked his stopwatch.

A quarter mile and 4.39 seconds later, the rider reached another marker. Loney did the math: 205.11 miles per hour.

"I was in total disbelief," Loney told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "I had to double-check my watch because in 27 years I'd never seen anything move that fast."

Samuel Armstrong Tilley, 20, had soon been pulled over and booked for reckless driving, driving without a motorcycle license and driving 140 mph over the posted speed limit of 65.
    SB (Local 1355 retired)

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

There's been a thread on this for a few days already

Oh as Joshie likes to say ...... "Excuse me sir, we're over here"

http://cms.firehouse.com/forums2/sho...threadid=62955
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Sorry Sorry.. i tried to delete it but get "You do not have permission to access this page"
    SB (Local 1355 retired)

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Originally posted by StoveBolt
    Sorry Sorry.. i tried to delete it but get "You do not have permission to access this page"
    I hear ya!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information