Forum Member

Default Accountability Tags/ ID Tags

I was given the task at the last meeting of making new tags for everybody. I was looking for ideas of what should be listed on them other than a pic, training level, dept. name, FDID number, and FFID number.

Also what would be a nice easy pain free way to make these up?

MembersZone Subscriber

We have our blood type as well.
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Accountability tags and ID tags ought to be two different animals. Texas requires all EMTs to have their name, pic, and EMS Certification on a tag clipped somewhere on their uniform. We do it with all personnel anyway. Blood type and other such emergency info is kept in a file in the dispatch office. Some people don't want such information available should they lose the tag. I could personally care less, it's not like ya got vampires running around looking for a specific type. So in addition to blood type, allergies to medications might be a good thing as well. The rest should be in a spot that's easily accessible to be able to fax to the ER of destination, or handed to the EMS crew making the transport.

Accountability tags should be metal so they don't burn up, and one should be permanently attached to the bunker gear so the FF can be identified without having to rely on helmet markings or someone recognizing their face. A crappy thought, but if something happens, you might not be able to recognize someone if they get facial burns. Last name and county station number is all we had on the tags from my previous department. Current one we're using the Touch N Track system, all personnel have 1 tag. It's a plastic tag with a mailing label for the department logo and name, and a "heat resistant" 3M strip to go over it. I'd rather have the metal tags as well, but lost that battle.

Forum Member

Thanx guys

Forum Member

Theres a dept. near me that has there name and ID with there dept name on the, and you can brake it open, and it has some kinda paper in it that has all your pertintint info. alergies, meds. , medical history. I dont know who makes it.
    put the wet stuff on the hot stuff.

EMT
    Firefighter
    Hazmat Tech.
    911 EMD dispatcher
    IPN Dispatcher

Forum Member

We have separate ID's and Accountability Tags........

ID's were made with Wordperfect (Business Card maker. You can put 10 on a page) Have Department name and address, Your name, picture, title, ID number all on front. On back have height, weight, birthday, hair and eye colors........

Accountability tags are plastic (smaller versions of plastic door plates you see in many offices) and have your name and ID number on them..... Each person gets 3-4 and they are backed with velcro to use on our passports and the command boards.......

Thread Information