Thread: Open House

Forum Member

Default Open House

Do any of your fire departments allow you to set up a table or activities at their open house??
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

RFRDExplorer

My department lets us run alot of the open house. Our open house has the usualy fire safety, prevention, department recruitment, ride alongs, smoke/fire education trailer, etc etc. My cadet group I am in helps out with alot of it. We run the smoke trailer which has two small rooms, a large room and a control room (VERY small closet). For this our captain sits in this little closet watching cameras of each room. As this is hapeneing I am (first lieutenant) talking to the kids about fire safety and what to do during a fire. After I discuss it a smoke alarm goes off(Triggered by the captain) and the door to the room begins to get hot (Barely). The kids are told to learn what I just taught them and get out of the room. They each crawl to the door and feel it and find it to be hot. THey go to the window where there is a ladder down to the ground (Chain ladder) which they climb down with our 2nd lieutenant making sure noone falls.
    Another thing we do is help with our ride alongs. We help kids get into and out of the apparatus and usually one person rides as OIC and one guy on each end in the crew cab by doors.
    Also we help run the fire prevention tables and also man our own recruitment table for our cadet core.
    We have alot of fun and every year get to do more things. Hope this is what you wanted.

Mike
    Mike
    Levittown, NY
    Cadet Corps Member
    1st Lieutenant

Forum Member

we are allowed to set up a table at ours but we do not get a big turnout so we go to the nehiboring dept. and set a table there too.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Thread Information