Cpt. Common Sents

Default Montgomery County, Md

Any information on Montgomery County, Md fire dept. Taking the test in 2 weeks

MembersZone Subscriber

a few guys i know took there test and were offered jobs and have been waiting over a year and haven't heard anything, i too applied but doubt i am going to make the trip from northern jersey

MembersZone Subscriber

I took the test last October and I am currently still in the running for the December class. The next testing period runs from October 9 till all that applied had the chance to take the written exam. Last I heard from the recruitment office was that 2800 applied this year opposed to 1000 last year. Also heard that the test is only good for 1 class (approx 6 months from test date)Montgomery Co is in the process of building 5 new firehouse's and doubleing the career staff. (currently 900 career members and roughly 500 vollys). The northern part of the county is transforming from beautiful green farm land to $600,000 townhomes. The process to get hired is very lengthy and it is very competitive but they have great benefits and decent equipment.
    The only negative I keep hearing from people employeed here is that the tension between volly and careers sometimes gets very heated. A volly chief can over rank a career officer depending on the run area and situation.

Called this week about this exam. Did not recieve my invite yet due to that stupid survey being lost. But talked to recruitment. Going to have test on oct 11,17,25 and some other date (cannot remember). She stated their were 600 people being sent letters yet for invite of this test.
    Dont know how many they are hiring this year. Medics with Nat reg. are being looked at first, this is the norm. If you guys get more info give a post then. Thanks

Thread Information