MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rescue bag storage on the Rescue

Received this question about storage of high pressure airbags on a rescue truck. Thought I'd throw it out to the troops to see what other suggestions you can offer.....
    -----
    Hello. My reason for this email is a simple question regarding storage of high pressure airbags. We currently are awaiting arrival of the new set and at the same time are configuring compartments with draws, shelves and the like. Some question has arisen to bags being stood on their side or laid down flat. I have seen bags on their side become distorted and do not wish this to happen to ours. I have seen the compartment layout for these new bags and they are vertical in nature. I believe they were spec with room in the slot for a piece of plywood of the same dimension. So my question is what is the standard practice/proper practice that should be used when storing these on the new rig? I have also sent this information to Paratech as I have seen nothing in reference to this in their manual.

My Reply........
    Preferred storage is flat with coupling corner protected from damage from the compartment door. "On Edge" is OK also because any 'distortion' immediately comes out of the bag as it is used.

Protect the couplings, keep in clean area, store away from heat, store out of light (UV light) and you'll be allright.

Good idea to store your protective mats, sheets of plywood, or whatever you're going to use with the bags right near the bags.
    Ron Moore, Forum Moderator
    www.universityofextrication.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Rescue bag storage on the Rescue

Originally posted by rmoore
    My Reply........
    Preferred storage is flat with coupling corner protected from damage from the compartment door. "On Edge" is OK also because any 'distortion' immediately comes out of the bag as it is used.

Protect the couplings, keep in clean area, store away from heat, store out of light (UV light) and you'll be allright.

Good idea to store your protective mats, sheets of plywood, or whatever you're going to use with the bags right near the bags.
    Agreed.
    We were not fortunate enough when we bought our last truck to be able to do a lot of "fancy" stuff like drawers and custom shelving for items like this, however we do keep our bags stacked flat on top of each other by size, sandwiched between the 2 plywood "mats" for that size bag. We also keep the regulator, control head & all hoses in a "custom fitted" Samsonite case.
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Forum Member

We store flat with a piece of plywood for each bag in same slot.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information