Forum Member

Exclamation California Earthquake

Hey CALLFFBOU:

Sure hope this isn't near you guys. You all stay safe out there.....

A moderately strong earthquake struck Central California this morning, rattling the town of Paso Robles and nearby communities still rebuilding from a deadly earthquake last year.

The U.S. Geological Survey recorded a flurry of about a dozen quakes, starting with a 10:15 a.m. temblor measured at a preliminary magnitude 5.9. The quakes were centered 21 miles northeast of Paso Robles and seven miles southeast of the town of Parkfield in Monterey County.

Authorities in Paso Robles said they had no immediate reports of significant damage or injuries. Local police said they were dispatching patrols to survey for damage.

"It was strong, we all felt it," said Kathy David in the Paso Robles city manager's office minutes after the strongest shaking subsided.

The quake was felt throughout much of coastal California. In the Bay Area, BART trains were stopped for several minutes while the system was checked for damage. In Redwood City, Judge Alfred Delucchi called a recess in the Scott Peterson double-murder trial "until things settle down."

Preliminary estimates of earthquakes often are revised as more information is recorded. USGS seismologists were headed to the area this morning.

On Dec. 23 last year, a powerful 6.5 earthquake caused two deaths and destroyed historic buildings in downtown Paso Robles. The historic commercial center of the town has since been torn down, and there was no apparent further damage in that area today, David said.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default Where there's smoke there's fire??!!

Mt. St. Helens is stirring up the S**T in Washington, maybe she'll blow again! Could be all this seismic activity is related.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...helens28m.html
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Seem like the research is starting to pay off in the area of building codes.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Permanently Removed

Default Whew...

Thanks for your concern bro! My neighbor just came by told
    me about it. I guess it happened during my drive home. No
    damage here.

Thanks again.

Thread Information