Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ladder 49

Default Ladder 49

Well, only a couple days left til opening day for Ladder 49! Have been seeing good things about it so far on the internet. I will be attending Saturday night. (have to work Friday or I would be there then!) I am sure everyone is planning on going sometime soon. Hope it lives up to all the hype. I will be sure to let you all know what I think after sat. night. Lil yogi

going to see it friday night...can't wait til saturday......hope is is as good as it looks

Arrow

well we got our tickets thursday night so we could get right in tonight for the movie.....show was at 7PM.....we got there at about 6:30.....got our good seats.......got our 20.00 in soda and popcorn......was about 10 minutes before show time....the screen had just came up about turning off cell phones and beepers...the next thing we heard is " Williamson County Fire Call"...CRAP LOL...we listen for a moment to see if it was just a field fire and we would stay.....everyone in the theater is listening..."report of a trailer on fire on norman road".....all 8 of us jump up and run for the doors...as we are leaving the crowd in the theater is yelling " go get em boys".......we got on scene and had a working fire....the girls stayed at the theater and said the movie was incredible..they said they cried at the end of the movie......we arrived back at the station just when the movie was ending to clean equipment and fill air packs,,,,,one of the guys went to the theater to pick up the girls (guess we left em with out vehicles LOL)....anyhow the theater gave us all passes to see the movie again and even gave enough so the wives. g/f's ect. could go back with us.......so we are shooting for sunday evening.....waited over a year to see the movie and counted down til opening night and us guys still have not seen it.....so it looks like lil yogi will beat me to seeing it......i guess it is kind of ironic we go to see what is supposed to be the best firefighter movie to date...and we miss it for a fire

I guess that is why we do what we do huh?

Well, Just got home from the best movie ever!!! I was very impressed with it, 10 times better than Backdraft and I love that movie. I am going again monday night!!! Everyone should see this movie. Later Lilyogi

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! what a incredible movie.....this is a must see for any firefighter for sure....just like lil yogi said....10 times better than backdraft and when it comes out on DVD I will have it for sure......how about it anyone else seen it yet?

Mike

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Saw it Friday nite. Packed house. You could hear a pin drop at the end. Many stayed until the credits stopped rolling. Crowd was buzzing when they walked out.
    I think that the movie does justice to the fire service. If people want to get into the technical aspects, they should watch a training video. This movie has all the ingredients of a good drama. It's not a documentary; it's a movie. Go over to the other thread. Some believe that this movie comes up short. I say "pish posh".
    I will not see it again until it comes out on DVD. I'm a cheapskate.
    It's a movie that you can get excited about and one that lived up to all the hype.
    Five stars.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Thumbs up

You hit the nail on the head CR!

Ladder 49 lived up to all of the "hype". Sorry CR but going to see it again on Tuesday. I think that this movie demonstrated the Brotherhood that all departments MUST have. I might be wrong, but I think this is one for the whole department to see, at the movies or at the station on DVD(or on that old VHS machine if they even put it out on tape).

Well, I just got home from seeing it again!! A friend of mine wanted to go so we went and it was awesome. I can not get over how realistic it is. This movie really shows what this profession is, Family! I, along with everyone else I am sure, can relate to a lot of what took place in the movie, the guys picking on the rookies, the guys going out together on their time off and so on. This is definatly a must see movie!! Take care Lilyogi

Thread Information