Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default FDNY -- getting bummed out

After reading the FDNY Sept thread, any of you guys getting bummed out as I am? Not only haven't we gotten any information from the city, except our test scores/list number almost 9 months after we completed all the testing, but it seems every investigator is telling guys something different.

First we hear the next classes are going to be big - now we hear they'll be small

Next we hear a lot will be hired from this list - then we hear it will be a lot less from this list compared to the last ones.

I don't know, maybe I'm just p-oed today, but with a number of 2363 (after acing the physical and getting one wrong on the written) I'm growing more than a bit impatient.

Maybe if we just had a clue as to what our chances were, we could make some decisions about the rest of our lives...

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

Jim-

I feel ya bro-
    The contradicting news we hear from time to time makes the wait even more frustrating...

However, this piece of news should be pretty solid, since it came from the director of Candidate Investigation himself:

The December class will not be a large one; roughly 150 candidates.

So if the hiring ratio stays normal, at about 2 to 2.5/1, they should only get up to the high 400's, low 500's in terms of list numbers.

GL to all my future brothers-

DB

PS- Is it just me, or am I the only one getting a kick outta watching the show "Rescue Me"???

The truth is that they don't even know what is happening. Hiring is based on what the city can and will afford. The cities fiscal year is coming up and things get very tight and there is always a posibility of someone sueing and freezing the list. Most people wait and average of 5 years to get hired. Patientce is a requirement....BUT don't put your lives on hold waiting for the city to make a move.....I messed that up already....I have 8.5 years in the military when I left....I would of had 10 years today......
    IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber

proby2be & Vinnie

Thanks guys... I know, the whole patience thing is required, it's just frustrating as hell. I'm 30 now, so there's not another opportunity to take the test (hell, I started the process when I was 28). I knew it was going to take some time, a "couple of years" but it's just bizarre now not knowing at all.

And Vin, I guess you're right, things could change in a month. I don't know, just getting more bummed out. I can see me at Randalls Island at age 35...

And yeah proby2be, Rescue Me is awesome. Makes wanting it even more frustrating at this point.

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

MembersZone Subscriber

lol you hit the nail right on the head with that, i have tried to avoid all FDNY related stuff "thebravest.com and rescue me" to name a few, it just making this wait that much harder, I just did the math for my number "3286" and maybe with some luck i might have a shot at one of the late 2007- early 2008 classes, and to me thats the best news i can get right now, good luck brothers

Originally posted by martinez24
    proby2be & Vinnie

I'm 30 now, so there's not another opportunity to take the test (hell, I started the process when I was 28).
    Brother...I am in the same boat, but I have until I am 36 b/c of military time....I'll be 30 or 31 by the time I get there as well....I called a Prior Service Recruiter today..I'll just go back into the USMC, 10 years and I can retire.
    IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber

USMC ? - Semper Fi bro.

Good Luck to you as well. At the rate we're going, we'll be in the same class.

Jim
    martinez24@comcast.net

Forum Member

I like watching Rescue Me as much as the next guy, but its definetly like getting kicked in the nuts.

Thread Information