Forum Member

Default SCOTT Voice Amplifiers

Does anyone know of a place to buy Voice Amplifiers for a SCOTT SCBA. I've looked online and haven't been able to find anything besides a brochure...... Not even a price anywhere........

I'm thinking about getting one for myself, but wasn't sure on price or where to get it. I've tried ebay, but haven't been able to locate any.......

Forum Member

Not to sound facetious... but...

Have you called your FD's local Scott representative?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Your Scott rep in your area will more than likely be the only one to sell these in your area. They run about $300, counting the adapter for the facepiece.
    www.gvfd.org

Forum Member

OUCH!! I knew they were expensive, but I didn't think they were that much.....

No, I haven't tried to get ahold of him. It's a waste of my time. He doesn't return calls very quickly..... Not even from the people who want to buy stuff from him......... His job is pretty easy, just a pain to get ahold of or to get him to do anything......

MembersZone Subscriber

All Hands Fire Equipment...(732) 681-1009. They got 'em. I have bought these from Don and his team before. Can't remember the price (maybe $150 to 170 each ?). Check out their site too...www.allhandsfire.com

"Train real. Train hard. Be safe."

Be Safe Brother.

Forum Member

We installed them on all our masks...about 30. The cost around $250 a pop. They work ok...at close range...of about 3-5 feet. The thing I don't like about them is that they also amp you breath sounds making it difficult to hear.....I keep mine off until I feel like speaking...other than that..we think they're great.
    IACOJ Member

Thread Information