Thread: CAFS Problem

Default CAFS Problem

I am hoping some one out there can help me. I belong to a small rural department that picked up a Waterous CAFS, model 25 Easy CAFS from federal excess property. The feds purchased it brand new, fired it up once for about 5 minutes, shut it off and never did it again. Nor did they flush the lines. We spent some time cleaning it up, and finally got it working. The pumping pressure with air compressor never impressed us much, but we did generate very good foam, and have been pleased with the edge it gives on some fires. The problem is, three times now, the clutch for the air compressor has burned out in the middle of the action. The first time we thought it was just faulty, the second time we thought we fixed it, and the third time we replaced it, we have not used it again hoping to fix the real problem. I contacted Waterous who says it is not theirs, and there are no dealers in my area or service centers. Do any of you have a clue where we should be looking for the problem?

Water routinely fills the air cleaner, but the manual says that is normal. This is a small quick attack slip on with a 200 gallon water tank. The operating panel is simple and easy to work, but none of us are complex enough to understand the mechanics of the internal system. Help. Thanks in advance. Jim Steele

Forum Member

Default CAFS Problem

To possibly help answer your question.
    These systems were distributed for a short time by the Waterous company.But dropped.
    This system is still made and still called the Model 26 EasyCAFS.
    The company is EFT EnviroFoam Technologies.
    You may try to contact them they may be able to help
    Stay Safe
    Ray

Thank you, I will. js

MembersZone Subscriber

Gonna dig up an old one here ... ahh the power of search ... mtcelt how did you ever turn out with your CAFS unit? Reason I am asking is that we just obtained one of these units through surplus as well. You mentioned that you had a manual, we did not get a manual. Any chance you could scan to .pdf and email to me, or photocopy and send. Would be happy to send you some money to pay for postage and paper, or if there is anyone else out there that has information on these systems I am looking for anything available.

Thanks

Forum Member

What is the surplus number/fsc code for this unit.

If I had that number I could request one from our FEPP group.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Not sure, I'll see what I can dig up...I'll get back to you

Thread Information