MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Clinton Vol. Fire Department

www.clintonvfd.org

Organized in 1936, the CVFD protects an area of approx. 50 Square Miles with a population of approx. 50,000. We are located in South Central Prince Georges County Maryland. We run approximately 14,000 runs a year.

We operate Three Pumpers, One Ladder, One Foam Unit, One Brush Unit, One BLS Ambulance and 6 Support/Command Vehicles. A PGFD ALS unit is also staitoned there, but staffed by Career Medics separate from our corporation.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Forum Member

Very nice site.

One question, you say you average 14,000 runs per year, but when I look at your apparatus stats, they are only about 4100+ so far this year? Are there that many calls that you are cancelled on or something?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Kentland stole the rest of the calls.

Forum Member

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is how PG gets their run totals:

Everytime a rig rolls to a call, it counts as a run.

Ex: If a house fire gets 4 Engines, 1 Truck, 1 Rescue/Squad, and 1 Chief, it isn't just 1 call it is actually 7 calls because there were 7 units that responded......

MembersZone Subscriber

That is the total Station Stats.

The Stats Posted on the Website reflect Engine/Truck/Ambo calls.

The total station stats include Engine/Truck/BLS/ALS/Brush and Water Supply Calls. And also Bones, that is just this year so far. The next three months will add another 700-800 to that total. Believe it or not, the ALS unit makes alot of our runs.

firenresq77,

You are partially correct. However Each Assignment gets 4 Engines, 2 Trucks, Squad and a Chief all from different stations. One Station cannot do two reports for the same incident unless it is an Auto Accident where the Ambo transports. In that case, a separate EMS Report will be done for the transport and the Fire Engine will do a Fire Report. If there is no patient, both the Ambo and the Wagon go on the same report.

However, when we total up our unit totals for the year. We count each service separately.

When we double pull Engine and Ladder, that counts as one run for the Ladder and One Run for the Engine. However that is for our own totals, not the official totals.

Forum Member

Still a little confused... do you get 14,000 incidents to respond to or are 14,000 responses made? Meaning, 1 incident that would lead to 3 responses (Eng/Trk/BLS)?

And I would expect BLS/ALS to be on the higher side of calls.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

14,000 incidents that a unit from our Station was dispatched on a call. If more than one piece of apparatus responds on each incident, It still counts as one run for the station.

The only time we split the stats per unit is when we tally the individual unit responses. That is actually done by the county and not by the individual companies.

Example: House Fire in our First Due. We bring the Engine, Ladder and Ambulance. This is one run for the company for the yearly station stats. However when it comes to the individual unit stats, it is one Run for the Engine Company, One for the Ladder and one for the Ambulance. It confuses me sometimes too, but thats the way the County wants it done.

The stats from Kentland are accurate and not padded as some would like to believe.

Forum Member

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Thread Information