1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004

    Default Foreign Sponsorship??

    Hey gang,

    I was just wondering if anybody here has ever heard of a Fire Department sponsoring somebody from a foreign country to allow them to work in the United States. I am from Canada and have been considering potentially moving to the United States. If I could get confirmation of fire departments sponsoring people to allow them to work in the states then that would seal the deal....

    Thanks for your input. Take care and stay safe.


  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2003


    I have never heard of this happening.

    Many places will hire someone here on a work visa, but the fire service isn't one of them. You need citizenship or a green card (permanent residency). A handful of departments require citizenship, but the vast majority only require permanent residency.

    My advice? Do one of these:

    1) Enter in the green card lottery (it's a long shot).

    2) Get a job with a multi-national corporation (BP, GM, etc), transfer to the US (they'll help you get a visa), and work towards a green card from there.

    3) Marry a super-hot, rich american woman (if you manage to do this, please let me know how you did it).

    Please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register