Thread: I need to know

Question I need to know

ok... i have a question and it involves training..... im only a teen and id love to work as a volunteer f.f. but i need to know about what i need to do and how to get there. im very happy that you exept teens and im willing to go the distance for helping save lives no matter what the responce may be. but i need to know the basics to actually get there.. could you please help me?????
    Adam

First off, before you even THINK about becoming a firefighter, you need to learn proper spelling, grammar, etc.

Alright, so now we are past that, there are a few things you need to answer.

*How old are you?
    *Are there any departments in your area that accept "juniors" ?
    *What do those departments require?

It's not as easy as just going in for training. You have to maintain grades in school, in most cases. You will have to have your parents sign waivers, something they may not be too keen about.

If you are really interested in joining a department somewhere, I suggest you start calling around to your local agencies, and asking what programs they offer for youth / students interested in firefighting.

Default Thank you

Thank you for helping me understand what i was doing wrong.... well im 16 im in school and im wanting to join the volunteer fire dept. i have been asked on several occasions and i have been takeing serious thought about it. The dept. that i live around say they accept 16 year old teen agers. and again im sorry for my miss spelling. every one has flaws.. any way um i just wanted to know what and how you get there. Thank you for replying. write again if you wish. Adam

Forum Member

ok ...I am just hoppin in here ..........Adam ..........you have admitted a flaw .............. wanna be a FF ?.....get off your duff and try to do better and work on them !!!!!!!! peace out......
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb

Every think about going to the source and asking this question?

Go and talk to the Chief about what you need to do!

FFLong
    Proud Volunteer Firefighter!

HNFC FF/President

yeah, i had it easy. When i was thinin about joining I talked to my dad since he is a firefighter in the same company. But I agree with FirefighterLong, go and talk to the local fire chief. Stop by when the doors are open or call the station.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

When the doors are open ask a firefighter down there for a application. Thats basically it.
    -Goshen Fire Dept-

Thread Information