Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default We're Number 2!...We're Number 2!...

The Red Sox, who have gone since 1918 without winning the World Series, have added a record-breaking streak to the mix. Boston is the first team in baseball history to finish in second place for seven straight years, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

On each occasion, the Red Sox finished as the runner-up to the hated New York Yankees.

Maybe we can pull a Deion Sanders-like agreement and have Belichick manage the Sox until the 1st of August to give us a few extra wins
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

The Curse of Zim:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6169225/

George & the New York guys may get a chuckle out of that article!
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Dalmatian90
    The Curse of Zim:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6169225/

George & the New York guys may get a chuckle out of that article!
    I get a chuckle out of the curse, but I don't get a chuckle out of his comments about the Yankee pitching staff. He may well be right.

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Well I don't know about the curse, but I sure wouldn't mind having a perpetual 2nd place team to root for.

Since I was about 10 years old, I was a die hard Toronto Blue Jays fan. I followed them religiously, had posters all over my walls, and even made an annual trek 500 miles to watch a game in exibition stadium. Thier mediocre performance, and one pendant through the 80's was enough to keep me going.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I was accepted to go to college in Toronto in 92, and with the Jays on thier way to world series win #1 that season, It was clearly fate that I was going to be there. After number 2 in 93, and the largest party I had ever seen, I was ready to get my face tattoed blue just to save some time before games.

Then it all came crashing down. The next few years were depressing to say the least. I felt like a Mets, or Cubs fan. I dreamed of a second place finish, hell a 3rd or even 4th. Just make the friggin playoffs!

After the strike in 94, and watching the Jays spend the next ten years planted firmly back in mediocrity, I have all but lost my passion for baseball. I don't follow any teams or players closely anymore, and while I stil make a point to try and catch a game whenever I'm in TO, it just isn't the same anymore. Maybe it's my age, or living out west and not having any teams within 1000 miles, but I sure do miss the feeling that baseball and the Jays used to give me.

Right now, I'd take second place in a heartbeat.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Thread Information