Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question New to the thought...suggestions?

Hello.

My name is Dan and I am a sophomore in college in Illinois. My major at this point is Criminal Justice with a plan to be a police officer.

The reason I am posting on this forum, is because I have recently had the thought of possibly switching sights to joining a Fire Department, rather than a Police Department.

Any suggestions on how to try to come up with a basic decision, or any words of advice for me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

-Z

I can offer one thought as part of a story...

my girlfriend is a Bio major with her eye on Criminal Justice and/or Forensics as grad school, and one program is Arson Investigation. This definitely takes a turn away from law enforcement & more into the fire service. Problem is, she's not a firefighter.

Maybe you can check into local FD's for volunteering, so you can see if you get the bug or not. The only way I know to encourage someone in the fire service is to get them time in a firehouse. Good luck!
    ~Kevin
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    --^v--^v--^v--^v--
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
    Dennis Miller

MembersZone Subscriber bolivas203's Avatar

Originally posted by kghemtp

Maybe you can check into local FD's for volunteering, so you can see if you get the bug or not. The only way I know to encourage someone in the fire service is to get them time in a firehouse. Good luck!
    I would have to agree w/ kghemtp. You might even try a couple ride alongs before you sign up. Go hook up w/ a local FD and see if it is something you "get the bug" for. You will definintely know it if you do get the Firefighter Bug. Just be careful, cause once you catch the bug, there ain't no gettin' rid of it!
    Stay alert and be safe.

Thread Information