Thumbs up Ladder 49 Baltimore Premier

WELL, MY GENEROUS FATHER, CHIEF DONALD HEINBUCH (BCFD), ARRANGED FOR US (MY HUSBAND, SON, & I) TO ATTEND NOT ONLY THE RED CARPET PREMIER OF LADDER 49 ON MONDAY (9/27) BUT ALSO THE ANNUAL BCFD MEDALS DAY CEREMONY ON SUNDAY (9/26) WHERE AT BOTH EVENTS THE ACTORS FROM THE MOVIE WERE PRESENT. IT WAS A CLASSY TWO DAYS AND OUR CHARM CITY WAS VERY CHARMING. AT THE CEREMONY, I WAS OVERWHELMED TO SEE THAT THE ACTORS HAD TAKEN TIME OUT OF THEIR BUSY PROMOTIONAL TOURING FOR THE MOVIE TO SPEND AN EXTRA DAY BALTIMORE TO GIVE THEIR RECOGNITION TO OUR FIRE FIGHTERS. THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO ON A DAILY BASIS ARE ADMIRED AND EMBRACED BY MILLIONS, AND DURING THE CEREMONY THEY WERE GIVING IT BACK TO THE COMMUNITY BY STANDING AT EACH SIDE OF THE STAGE AND SHAKING HANDS, HUGGING, AND COMPLIMENTING EACH FIRE FIGHTER ON THEIR BRAVERY. AT THE END OF THE CEREMONY JAY RUSSEL AND JOHN TRAVOLTA TOLD THAT THEIR ONLY EXPECTATION OF LADDER 49 WAS THAT THEY WANTED TO "GET IT RIGHT". AFTER AN ELABORATE RED CARPET WALK, A LITTLE DRINKING AND APPETIZER EATING IN THE RED TENT, WITH THE ACTORS, AND THEN EVENTUALLY SEEING THE FINISHED PRODUCT, I CAN HONESTLY SAY THEY GOT IT RIGHT. THEY SPENT MANY MONTHS OF TRAINING AT THE FIRE ACADEMY, DEVELOPED CLOSE RELATIONSHIPS WITH SEVERAL OF THE FIRE FIGHTERSAND THEIR FAMILIES AND EMBRACED OUR ENTIRE COMMUNITY IN ATTEMPT TO "GET IT RIGHT". THEY COLLECTED MEMORABILIA FROM THEIR EXPERIENCES AND TIME AND TIME AGAIN HAVE SAID THAT THIS WAS A VERY IMPORTANT FILM TO THEM BECAUSE OF THE REALITY OF IT. IT WAS A VERY EXCITING EXPERIENCE. I'VE READ MANY OF THE CRITICS REVIEWS ON THIS MOVIE SOEM GOOD, SOME SO-SO. SOME SOUND SO UNEDUCATED BUT I GUESS THAT'S BECAUSE IN MY OPINION, THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAN HONESTLY CRITIQUE THIS FILM, ARE THOSE OF US WITHIN..THE FIRE FIGHTERS, THE FAMILES BEHIND THEM, AND ALL "FRONT LINERS" WHO WANT TO RUN INTO A BATTLE WHILE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO RUN OUT OF IT (I.E.,MILITARY, POLICE, ETC.). BUT, WE APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU AND TO THE CAST AND CREW OF LADDER 49..THANKS FOR GETTING IT RIGHT!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information