Forum Member

It ain't trolling, The guy came on with a name claiming to be a god, as far as I am concerned that is open to discussion. I don't agrue with what he says based on his name, in fact I agree with him. However with a name that goes on to proclaim that you are a god, you leave yourself open for questions. If taken as a cut, oh well. I'm not looking to argue with the guy, just point out that with a name like that you stand a good chance of not getting listened to completely because your first thought of him is know it all or a person who should not be taken seriously.

Forum Member

Talking

There is no SOG per say for this topic however, it seems like most of us like to drive without our turnouts on, me personally the pedals are TOO close and with bunker boots on you may (and I have) hit the accelerator instead of the brake..Where I come from that accident goes on my driving record, when I am in the "other" seat my driver can wear what he likes, as long as if need be he gets his stuff on asap when we arrive..

Forum Member

Cool Not to get off the subject....

As I sit here laughing at the reaction I got from one person about the name I use I figure that I can afford the time to answer the query.

I used to be the Departmental Instructor in Aerial operations and Tactics.
    As you people know the Aerial Operators are the closest thing to God.
    In my department they were naturally treated with the usual amount of respect and deference as befitted their lofty position [ie absolutely none] so we coined the name Aerialgods.

Purely as a laugh and taking the p*** out of ourselves as much as we could we used the name. It then became my nickname.
    I suppose it ranks as any other nickname and if it offended anyone I apologise.

Too many other things to worry about other than what people call themselves!

Have a good safe one

Forum Member

Smile have we solved the problem yet?

The vexed question of driving in turnout gear has not been satisfatorily answered,I guess it never will be a hard and fast thing despite the best efforts of those who make the rules.
    It seems [like a lot of other things] those that make the rules have never driven or ridden the trucks. Still that's the way the world turns.

Many thanks to those who rode to my aid when MEck51 questioned my integrity or whatever,I appreciated the gesture.
    Still after 23 years there aint much I haven't been called,some of it funny some of it diabolical, but at the end of the day it's all about the way we work together.
    MEck51 I understand your question but you gotta understand in Oz we have a fine sense of our own fallibility and a sense of the ridiculous.We only take the p*** out of that which we value.

Now if you folks will excuse me I gotta get naked for the next call....yipeeee!

Forum Member

aerialgod, that cool. Like I said in my first post, I wanted to know if it meant something else and apparently it does. At least now I know, it sounds like you saw where the confusion could come in. Anyway like I said it was not meant to be a cut. And trust me it did not offend me in anyway, I was merely trying to point out how it is taken up my way. As far as it is concerned with you I am not and was not trying to attack you in the first place, to You I am sorry if it came off that way, to others oh well it was meant to aerial god.

Forum Member

Wink Are we having fun yet?

MEck51
    Understood and everything is cool at this end of the earth,I didn't take it as a cut,merely as a query. Let's drop this one and get back to having a chat about the sh*t that really matters. Agreed?

Have a good one,stay safe

Forum Member

Certainly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MEck51
    It ain't trolling, The guy came on with a name claiming to be a god, as far as I am concerned that is open to discussion. I don't agrue with what he says based on his name, in fact I agree with him. However with a name that goes on to proclaim that you are a god, you leave yourself open for questions. If taken as a cut, oh well. I'm not looking to argue with the guy, just point out that with a name like that you stand a good chance of not getting listened to completely because your first thought of him is know it all or a person who should not be taken seriously.
    Open for questions !!!
    I proclaim to be a god too!! - but you can call me Chief -MEck51

Thread Information