MembersZone Subscriber

so yeah you all think im some nut job crazed out whacker
    Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

BTW, if you only respond to the station, why do you need all of those illegal lights?

Forum Member

If i only respond to the station? I'm always at the station.

1) Used in case they need a 2nd crew
    2) Used if im not in my town and i come on scene to an accident, which ive done before
    3) Ive had all of them (except dash mounted system) before i was involved in EMS, like i said, company i worked for made all the lights (sept dash mounted light)

And yer thinking "what a waste of money" yeah maybe... peopel who smoke waste their money, people who play the poneys waste their money, everybody wastes their money on some kind of passion, this happens to be one of mine. My truck is FULL of gadgets i am into vehicle accessories and installing things, its fun for me to run wires and find a way to hok them up to a switch... sure i might not use it but the fun part for me, was installing it. Ive install lights on friends vehicles also, its just something i do for a hobby.
    Adam, EMT-B

Forum Member

This thread is still going? Good grief.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Adam07003
    If i only respond to the station? I'm always at the station.

1) Used in case they need a 2nd crew
    2) Used if im not in my town and i come on scene to an accident, which ive done before
    3) Ive had all of them (except dash mounted system) before i was involved in EMS, like i said, company i worked for made all the lights (sept dash mounted light)

And yer thinking "what a waste of money" yeah maybe... peopel who smoke waste their money, people who play the poneys waste their money, everybody wastes their money on some kind of passion, this happens to be one of mine. My truck is FULL of gadgets i am into vehicle accessories and installing things, its fun for me to run wires and find a way to hok them up to a switch... sure i might not use it but the fun part for me, was installing it. Ive install lights on friends vehicles also, its just something i do for a hobby.
    Tell you what junior, I am thinking alot of things, but one of them is not "what a waste of money".

Forum Member

Hey, to each his own... im not hurting anybody or causing problems, therefore don't see the problem with anything...
    Adam, EMT-B

Forum Member

Mine is that every certified firefighter can have them on there pov. The pov has to be state inspecited. We also have to take a driveing class.

Forum Member

Adam07003- Hey, to each his own... im not hurting anybody or causing problems, therefore don't see the problem with anything...QUOTE

Cant see the forest for the trees......

Or in this case you cant see the wacker due to too many flashing wacker lights....

Forum Member

Adam, just give up. You cant even talk to these people without them making fun of you, so why try? It makes them feel good to put others down. Maybe a self esteem issue I guess.

The only argument here is using lights as an excuse to drive like an idiot is wrong. Everything else is just their opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...

There's nothing wrong with your lights as long as you use them correctly and it isn't against your departments rules. Abuse them or misuse them, and that's where the problem is.
    Last edited by RadRob; 11-15-2005 at 02:29 PM.

Forum Member

Hey i don't care what they say. It's obvious now they are old farts who are probably not liked very well on their own squads. So they come here and look to pick on people.

Im not hrting anybody, i know how to responsibly use my lights if the time comes for me to. I am dedicated to what I do. Call me a whacker, i don't care. My teacher would talk about whackers and they would always look at me, and the class would laugh cause I would burst out "why you looking at me", but my teachers relied on me to help others out int he class since i picked up on it easily. I'm not some dumb redneck kid. The squad i volunteer for i feel honored to be a part of. They are a NO GAMES squad very very knowledgable and very very professional. We're not a whacker squad, so i've been trained well and i'm professional in what I do.

If these old farts think that just because im into electronic gadgets that makes me a poor EMT, then they reallly need to wakeup and smell the coffee. Come spend a shift with me and see how I ride, they'll apologize in a heartbeat.

Thats why i don't care. I know im better then they try and make me out to be, they don't know me.
    Adam, EMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey i don't care what they say. It's obvious now they are old farts who are probably not liked very well on their own squads. So they come here and look to pick on people.

Im not hrting anybody, i know how to responsibly use my lights if the time comes for me to. I am dedicated to what I do. Call me a whacker, i don't care. My teacher would talk about whackers and they would always look at me, and the class would laugh cause I would burst out "why you looking at me", but my teachers relied on me to help others out int he class since i picked up on it easily. I'm not some dumb redneck kid. The squad i volunteer for i feel honored to be a part of. They are a NO GAMES squad very very knowledgable and very very professional. We're not a whacker squad, so i've been trained well and i'm professional in what I do.

If these old farts think that just because im into electronic gadgets that makes me a poor EMT, then they reallly need to wakeup and smell the coffee. Come spend a shift with me and see how I ride, they'll apologize in a heartbeat.

Thats why i don't care. I know im better then they try and make me out to be, they don't know me.
    This old fart will put his white helmet and 25 years plus up against whatever you have ANYTIME, you little whippersnapper. Bring a lunch and plan to stay all day. I have boogers older than you.
    Take your "zest" for gadgets and apply it to fire behavior and building construction. THAT will save your life. T-shirts, trinkets and dash lights won't.
    The reason I'm an old fart is because I listened and learned. And I have seen many DIE that were half my age. There's a reason for it.
    And I'm still learning.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RadRob
    Adam, just give up. You cant even talk to these people without them making fun of you, so why try? It makes them feel good to put others down. Maybe a self esteem issue I guess.

The only argument here is using lights as an excuse to drive like an idiot is wrong. Everything else is just their opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...

There's nothing wrong with your lights as long as you use them correctly and it isn't against your departments rules. Abuse them or misuse them, and that's where the problem is.

Thanks "Dad" for putting us all in our place !!
    P.S.- He's still a wacker !!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    This thread is still going? Good grief.
    I was thinking the same thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

AMEN Chief Reason!!!

Holy cow some people just don't get it do they?

Kids.....
    Last edited by WMFF12; 11-16-2005 at 01:27 AM.
    Giggity - Giggity!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    This old fart will put his white helmet and 25 years plus up against whatever you have ANYTIME, you little whippersnapper. Bring a lunch and plan to stay all day. I have boogers older than you.
    Take your "zest" for gadgets and apply it to fire behavior and building construction. THAT will save your life. T-shirts, trinkets and dash lights won't.
    The reason I'm an old fart is because I listened and learned. And I have seen many DIE that were half my age. There's a reason for it.
    And I'm still learning.
    CR
    So let me get this straight. Because i love gadgets and lights and sirens, that means that im not into learning more and that i dont know what im doing??? Im a volunteer, i learned the material because i wanted to. I continue to learn, because i want to. at this very moment i am sitting in my squad building, because i want to and im volunteering. Im not at home respondind or anything like that. Wow i love lights/sirens, doesnt mean i use them to get to a call... in the 1 year ive been an EMT and had my gadgets ive responded to TWO calls from home. One was a BAD MVA involving 4 people, 3 ejected. And the 2nd was a rollover around the corner from my house.

First call, i didnt use lights/sirens until i was on scene and had my vehicle parked. I put them on because there were a LOT of cars and wanted my car to be easily id'd as personel on scene, and not towed for any reasons.

Second i was around the crner from home, put them on, but obeyed every stop sign and i didn't speed.

So before you THINK im some kid whos out to just race around town and NOT do anything, do your homework.

The squad i volunteer for is VERY professional. We are known in our area for being a knowledgable/professional squad. We don't play mickey mouse games or take EMS lightly. Nor do I personally. A few lights/sirens doesnt mean im some idiot kid who has no idea what im doing, nor a care in the world for my patients.

And i'd hate to have to ride for you with a bad attitude like that. Judging someone before you even find out any information about them. Ive been involved in medical aide my entire life. My mom is an RN, my dads an RN. My sisters an RN, my other sister is a CNA. My dad was a paramedic/EMT when i was growing up as well. I didnt just wakwep one day and decide "hey i wanna race around town with a blue light", i wanted to help people in my community and thats what i do.

Our town does a HUGE call volume. We've done 3 calls tonight so far. A typical 12 hour shift involves 3-5 calls. Not 1 call a week like maybe YOUR town does.

So i'd appreciate it ifyou found out a little about me before you start calling off immature comments like you've been commenting.

And i don't mind if someone calls me a whacker, i dont think you can get a better definition then looking at my truck. I love gadgets. I love showing im an EMT. But don't put me into that category as a whacker who DOESNT know what hes doing or is IMMATURE or DANGEROUS. That is just not right to concider me dangerous or "dumb"
    Last edited by Adam07003; 11-16-2005 at 03:18 AM.
    Adam, EMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

Call me a whacker, i don't care. My teacher would talk about whackers and they would always look at me, and the class would laugh cause I would burst out "why you looking at me"
    Is it possible that you can misinterpret when people are making fun of you for people liking you?

A few lights/sirens doesnt mean im some idiot kid
    You're right. It's not just the lights.

You also have a heeluva nerve talking to CR like that. I don't care who you are. You owe him an enormous apology.

Forum Member

Why should I apologize to someone who is insulting me based on my interests in electronic gadgets? I think he owes me an apology for his assumptions about me... i'll never apologize to anybody who slanders me without knowing me at all or what im about...
    Adam, EMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

Why should I apologize to someone who is insulting me based on my interests in electronic gadgets? I think he owes me an apology for his assumptions about me... i'll never apologize to anybody who slanders me without knowing me at all or what im about...
    Since you like reading so much, you'd better go back and read my posts.
    I'm not making an assumptions; you're putting everything out there. I am merely commenting on what you are saying. I'm not being mean spirited or over critical. Check it out; much of it is sarcasm and tongue in cheek, but you probably wouldn't understand that.
    And I'm not slandering you. If I was writing something untrue about you, it would be "libel"; not slander.
    I don't want your apology.
    And for the record, show me where I have ever even called you a "whacker".
    You may have me confused with someone else.
    Except for the old fart thing.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

MembersZone Subscriber

So let me get this straight. Because i love gadgets and lights and sirens, that means that im not into learning more and that i dont know what im doing??? Im a volunteer, i learned the material because i wanted to. I continue to learn, because i want to. at this very moment i am sitting in my squad building, because i want to and im volunteering. Im not at home respondind or anything like that. Wow i love lights/sirens, doesnt mean i use them to get to a call... in the 1 year ive been an EMT and had my gadgets ive responded to TWO calls from home. One was a BAD MVA involving 4 people, 3 ejected. And the 2nd was a rollover around the corner from my house.

First call, i didnt use lights/sirens until i was on scene and had my vehicle parked. I put them on because there were a LOT of cars and wanted my car to be easily id'd as personel on scene, and not towed for any reasons.

Second i was around the crner from home, put them on, but obeyed every stop sign and i didn't speed.

So before you THINK im some kid whos out to just race around town and NOT do anything, do your homework.

The squad i volunteer for is VERY professional. We are known in our area for being a knowledgable/professional squad. We don't play mickey mouse games or take EMS lightly. Nor do I personally. A few lights/sirens doesnt mean im some idiot kid who has no idea what im doing, nor a care in the world for my patients.

And i'd hate to have to ride for you with a bad attitude like that. Judging someone before you even find out any information about them. Ive been involved in medical aide my entire life. My mom is an RN, my dads an RN. My sisters an RN, my other sister is a CNA. My dad was a paramedic/EMT when i was growing up as well. I didnt just wakwep one day and decide "hey i wanna race around town with a blue light", i wanted to help people in my community and thats what i do.

Our town does a HUGE call volume. We've done 3 calls tonight so far. A typical 12 hour shift involves 3-5 calls. Not 1 call a week like maybe YOUR town does.

So i'd appreciate it ifyou found out a little about me before you start calling off immature comments like you've been commenting.

And i don't mind if someone calls me a whacker, i dont think you can get a better definition then looking at my truck. I love gadgets. I love showing im an EMT. But don't put me into that category as a whacker who DOESNT know what hes doing or is IMMATURE or DANGEROUS. That is just not right to concider me dangerous or "dumb"
    Yep; I went back and checked ALL of my posts in this thread.
    YOU HAVE THE WRONG GUY!
    And you're being pretty presumptive to call my attitude "bad".
    I have a great attitude.
    My opinion on POVs is that I don't like them at scenes and I don't like them with bells and whistles. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
    I'm a volunteer and apparently, that's apparently, that's the only thing we have in common.
    I won't waste anymore time with you.
    You're obviously a very bright, young man.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Forum Member

For the record, I agree with ChiefReason on the POV at the scene issue. I also don't like POV's decorated like Christmas trees. My point is this, and only this, if someone likes lights and gadgets... let them. Not everyone has to like the same things, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. Making fun of someone with fun in mind, is one thing. Doing it with a mean intention is something else.

Johnboycan - Quote: "Thanks "Dad" for putting us all in our place !!
    P.S.- He's still a wacker !!"

Maybe if you would grow up, instead of resorting to making fun of someone (like a school boy), I wouldn't have to be your daddy! And I could make a "I'm your daddy" joke here but I won't, just remember who your daddy is!

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh, I don't know. I think that we have gotten to know you pretty well over the past several days...

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey i don't care what they say... blah... blah... blah...
    ... Thats why i don't care.
    He sure keeps writing back with a lot of words for someone who doesn't care!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    I have boogers older than you.
    CR
    Good one! I love this line. I shall remember it and use it, if you don't mind.

As for the whole lights thing, whatever your department lets you do is not my business. No lights on POV's in my district, and I like it that way. If it's your hobby and you don't actually use them, well I guess I've heard of stranger hobbies, so whatever.
    -------;- "Aaaaa!!"
    Remember - always wear your helmet around one-eyed women with pike poles

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    Is it possible that you can misinterpret when people are making fun of you for people liking you?

You're right. It's not just the lights.

You also have a heeluva nerve talking to CR like that. I don't care who you are. You owe him an enormous apology.

Well said, George.
    If anyone is interested - no POV response directly to the scene in my department. And if you drive like an a**hole to the station, you don't get to drive to the station, like anything, for a while.

Forum Member

And I'm still learning.

You wrote that CS. Indicating that im not seking educational things in EMS and that im in EMS for lights/sirens. You wrote that as if i wasn't knowledgeable with EMS because im into gadgets. Im a young guy, i like gadgets. I bet you like fishing, i dont like fishing, but i don't knock ya for it.
    Adam, EMT-B

Forum Member

Default I smell glue!

"in the 1 year ive been an EMT"
    This explains a ton right here.....

"First call, i didnt use lights/sirens until i was on scene and had my vehicle parked."

Must have been annoying having that siren whooping while trying to work at the scene.

"I put them on because there were a LOT of cars and wanted my car to be easily id'd as personel on scene, and not towed for any reasons."

Parking out of the way and not clogging the scene for real emergency vehicles goes a long way to not getting towed. Identification such as a simple ID plate or department sticker in the window is much cheaper. Personally never been towed from a scene as my handy union sticker and proper parking skills makes it easy for the police in our city to pay me no attention and focus on more pressing matters.

"Our town does a HUGE call volume. We've done 3 calls tonight so far. A typical 12 hour shift involves 3-5 calls."
    OH THE HUMANITY!

"So i'd appreciate it ifyou found out a little about me before you start calling off immature comments like you've been commenting."
    Sorry Adam but after reading this posting for the last couple pages I think the guys like Chief Reason et al, know you pretty well.

2) Used if im not in my town and i come on scene to an accident, which ive done beforeThe general public uses their factory equipped hazard lights to great effect for many years in just this situation.

MembersZone Subscriber

And I'm still learning.
    You wrote that CS. Indicating that im not seking educational things in EMS and that im in EMS for lights/sirens. You wrote that as if i wasn't knowledgeable with EMS because im into gadgets. Im a young guy, i like gadgets. I bet you like fishing, i dont like fishing, but i don't knock ya for it.
    See; you're really stretching to pick a fight with me. Studying fire behavior and building construction WILL save your life. I didn't mention forcible entry, hose streams, water supply, etc...because though they are valuable firefighter skills, knowing what the fire and the building will do under fire conditions will definitely make you the smartest guy on the curb.
    I would love to show you respect, but that's hard to do with someone who talks about gadgets. You want respect; you don't want to be talked to in a condescending manner, then give us some fire experience stories. Hell, give us some LIFE experience stories.
    I know what it takes to be EMT certified. I was certified through the National Registry. You're a young guy and you like gadgets. I'm a mature fellow and I like peanut butter, but I don't want to talk about sandwiches; I want to talk about fire stuff. Maybe over a sandwich.
    I gave up fishing after my father passed away. I replaced it with golf. When I'm not playing golf, I'm riding my Harley Road King. And I write. Some here will tell you that I have had several articles published about fire stuff. Hell, I even interviewed the guy who co-founded this very website!
    But we were talking about you. And your gadgets.
    Sorry you thought I was being critical of you.
    But, here's a scary thought. You are going to grow up and be just like me!
    BWWWWAAAAAAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAA!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Thread Information