Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Question Wisconsin to Arizona

I am moving from Bristol Wisconsin to Scottsdale Arizona -- I have all the basic certs ie FF I & II, EMT-B, HazMat Opps and so on -- I'm having trouble finding out if I need to do anything to get my Arizona Certs - the websites I'm finding don't seem to be helpfull. Hopeing someone has had a similar experience with this and can maybe point me into the right directions and/or give some guidence.

thanks

Forum Member

I'm a Firefighter in Scottsdale. I'll look into what you have to do for your certs. We can correspond through e-mail and arrange a phone call If you'd like. darryl@firehousemail.com

Question

Darryl,
    If you are still around, I have a question for you.
    Talk to you soon,
    KC
    "PHILIPPEANS 4:13"

Forum Member

Still here. You can post here, as I check in periodically, or just e-mail . Hope I can answer your questions for you.

Darryl,
    Check your mail.
    KC

Forum Member

KC....sorry, did not get your mail. Please re-send or post if you need to. Darryl

Forum Member

FFjeep....did you ever make it to Arizona? Where do you stand with testing? Just ask if you need help. Darryl

I resent my email. Talk to you soon.
    Thanks,
    KC

Forum Member

KC, I'm really sorry, for some reason I'm not getting your mail. Give it one more shot. I might have to give you another address to send it to. Darryl darryl@firehousemail.com

Forum Member

Sorry for the delay is responding - Yes, I made it down here, however I havn't gotten very far as far as the Fire Department testing goes. I've only applied for one Department and that the New Scottsdale Fire Department, and at the time of applications, they were only accepting former Rural/Metro Firefighters. I got on with Southwest Ambulance, and for the most part I'm pretty happy there. Would still like to get my butt in gear and really go after some of those east valley fire departmetns and/or police departments.

So had been so helpful, and sorry for the delay in responding back to you.

Alexd

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey, I am in a similar situation. Just moved back to Scottsdale where I am from after going to college and becoming a firefighter/emt in Massachusetts. I am looking to go full-time firefighter out here and am looking for any help I can get. Seems like there is a lot of waiting for application opportunities. Thanks
    Cameron

Forum Member

Thats the impression I'm getting as well. It seems as everyone and their brother are just waiting for the next testing process. I was under the impression that Firefighters were needed, boy was I wrong. I don't know what they teach in the schools down here, but back in Wisconsin, there wasn't nearly as many people trying to get on to departments. I guess, I'll just wait and see what heppens.

Forum Member

Default Looking to get into Scottsdale FD, anyone out there?

hey guys, noticed this thread board is a little back dated, but here we go anyway, posted this on other az forums as well, hope to get a reply - I'm a proby in the FDNY right now, and am looking to take the Phoenix test or Scottsdale and relocate. I saw on the web page that around 2,000 people take the test the Phoenix test. How comptetive is the Scottsdale test? City Personnel says they're hiring in early 06. I got a 96 on the NY written and 100 on the physical, if i could get around the same on the AZ tests what are my chances?

thanks, any help, tips, etc would be really greatly appreciated. post or email me.
    Last edited by chrisff; 12-08-2005 at 06:42 PM.

Thread Information