Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Live Burns in Training Buildings

We went up to Bedford Twp. MI last Wed. and had a great live burn drill. One of our chiefs suggested that for the 2005 FEMA grants we should try to get a grant for a training building so we can do it more often.

Does anyone know if an Ohio EPA permit is required every time live burns are conducted in a training building?

To clarify, I'm not talking about an aquired structure but a pre-fab training building like they have in Reynoldsburg. The fire would be built using ordinary combustibles: wood pallets and straw.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

I do not believe so, since I do not recall us getting any permits each time we use our burn building at the Wayne County (OH) Regional Training Facility. To get a more definate answer, contact Jim Shriver who is the director there. The phone number is 330-698-FIRE. Leave a message and he'll get back with you.

Too bad you are so far away. We have lots of area departments that use our burn building. If you do build your own, be sure to take the time to come see ours and talk to Jim and the others who were involved with building it. They will be able to give you valuable information on what to do and what not to do when you build yours.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Thread Information