1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Dec 2000

    Default Live Burns in Training Buildings

    We went up to Bedford Twp. MI last Wed. and had a great live burn drill. One of our chiefs suggested that for the 2005 FEMA grants we should try to get a grant for a training building so we can do it more often.

    Does anyone know if an Ohio EPA permit is required every time live burns are conducted in a training building?

    To clarify, I'm not talking about an aquired structure but a pre-fab training building like they have in Reynoldsburg. The fire would be built using ordinary combustibles: wood pallets and straw.

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    MetalMedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    The Home of Smucker's Jelly


    I do not believe so, since I do not recall us getting any permits each time we use our burn building at the Wayne County (OH) Regional Training Facility. To get a more definate answer, contact Jim Shriver who is the director there. The phone number is 330-698-FIRE. Leave a message and he'll get back with you.

    Too bad you are so far away. We have lots of area departments that use our burn building. If you do build your own, be sure to take the time to come see ours and talk to Jim and the others who were involved with building it. They will be able to give you valuable information on what to do and what not to do when you build yours.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

    "People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register