Default I have an interview for my dream job! there is only one problem...

I have an interview on monday for my dream job! one problem, my liscence is suspended. It's being fixed. I got in a wreck and the bmv says I didnt have insurance but i did! I found out last week when I got pulled over, and went to the bmv right away. it shouldnt be too much longer until its fixed but i know it won't be monday. What do I say to the interviewer? do I tell him? I think it would be better to be proactive on the issue. What is everyone else's imput? kghemtp?

MembersZone Subscriber

Dont offer any info they dont ask for..

If the do ask..dont ramble on..you'll end up digging yourself into a deeper hole...tell them nothing more than it was a simple mistake ON THE BMVs part and it will soon be resolved...

Remember..they work for the government too and they know all to well things get screwed up for no reason!

Good luck w/your dream job..Im still waiting for 'the call' to get mine!

fieldseng2

BTW

I see youre in IN...where is your dream job at?
    Last edited by fieldseng2; 10-08-2004 at 11:47 PM.

Thumbs up Interview

Please check my post to the employment review question

Good Luck

Wishard hospital Downtown Indy. I have wanted this for so long. And here's my big chance. I got my certification through wishard/iupui and the director of the ambulance service there taught our class a few times. And he is a pretty cool guy and I learned a lot from him. He must've remembered me well because the guy I am interviewing with said that I "came highly recommended" by him. I take it he has a little pull on who gets hired being the director and all, and I feel pretty good about the interview. I have been researching on eatstress.com a lot today. I am hoping to get on night shift (not that any shift wouldnt be acceptable though) to learn the most I can before I start taking medic classes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sounds like you are on the right track..

Capt. Bob (eatstress.com) always has good advice...He has helped me more than once..

Sounds like to me the problem with the BMV shouldnt be a problem at all....

I am in NW Indiana.. I have friends and associates in Indy and I have heard of Wishard's reputation as being on of the best...

I am still waiting for my dream job, however...the St Louis Fire Dept.....Im #47 on the list...just waiting for them to start hiring....

good luck...

fieldseng2

Well the interview is over! It went well. He did ask point blank if i had a valid drivers liscence and I told him what was up, fortunately I had some documentation to back it up proving what i needed to and he was sufficiently satisfied. I am going to the bmv and asking for them to write a letter saying that my liscense is valid and im hoping that it will work. Thank you for all of your advice!!

Thread Information