Thread: recruting

Forum Member

Default recruting

how do you get members to join your post or dept.???

we are in need of members and need help finding out a good way to recruit members.

it seems like we cannot keep a new member for more than a week.

please list any ideas you have.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Forum Member

Twice a year we hold a first nighter for people, we will either do a car fire demo or a flash demo (with a flash box). It gets them interested and keeps them in. We also have a great deal of help from the dept with pr releases and flyers....etc...
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

We just tell the members to ask there friends to come up to some meetings. Using this method, we have gained 4 new members in the past 3 months. Next meeting, we have 4 new possible explorers coming. We will explain what we do, and cannot do, and we will have a FUN night. We will more than likely smoke up the upper floor of the stations and do a search in scba and full turnouts or somthing along those lines. Also our department allows up to set up at their open house which was two weeks ago.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Thread Information