MembersZone Subscriber

When Marc Raciot issues an apology to Max Cleland, I'll demand the same of the candidate in question for his or her ad in the local race.
    My, My...I am dizzy from all this spinning.

Max Cleland was the subject of the ad in the local race that George is speaking of. (I do like the Norm name though, Kinda makes me look around for the Mailman, Sam, Coach and Woody!...LOL J/K George)

The ad depicting Max Cleland as Osama Bin Laden had nothing to do with his Handicap. He was not born Handicap and chose his fate by taking the oath to serve in a war. He knew the risks. A Mentally Challenged child does not ask to be Mentally Challenged and does not deserve to be ridiculed for something out of his/her control by a bunch of Desparate Political Hacks that see their Campaign going in the toilet!

SC, you cannot defend this. And the notion that you do defend it or turn it into a "tit-for-tat" issue shows that you are a heartless liberal who will stop at nothing to ensure your point of view is indoctrinated to the rest of us.

I am getting physically ill even thinking that you see nothing wrong with this. Or that someone owes Max Cleland an apology for being called to the carpet for what he is before this as is condemned! You are so full of despicable bile that your eyes are green!

GIVE ME A BREAK!
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Forum Member

Originally posted by TillerMan25

SC, you cannot defend this. And the notion that you do defend it or turn it into a "tit-for-tat" issue shows that you are a heartless liberal who will stop at nothing to ensure your point of view is indoctrinated to the rest of us.

I am getting physically ill even thinking that you see nothing wrong with this. Or that someone owes Max Cleland an apology for being called to the carpet for what he is before this as is condemned! You are so full of despicable bile that your eyes are green!

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Err...Ummm..Drrr....Well....TillerMan25...I think this says it all...I could not have said it better myself....I just use phrases like ****** bag and full of Sh*t...you put this poetically........But you know now he'll just go tit-for-tat for calling it a personal attack...
    IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber

But you know now he'll just go tit-for-tat for calling it a personal attack...
    Or he will start the "well at least Max Cleland served in the war" BS Line. Liberals cannot manage to keep on topic when arguing. They Spin, Spin, Spin.

Forum Member

Max Cleland is a DEM. And the ad attacking him was done in his losing race against Saxby Chambliss (R-GA).

And you didn't hear about it till now.

So much for your 'liberal' media bleating.
    Go back to my post. I never said that I did not hear of it before, I only said that I never saw the ad so I cannot make a statement about it, actually I will not make a statement about it. Nice to see that you continue to draw inferences from statements. I will ask you again, FOR AT LEAST THE THIRD TIME TO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING FROM WHAT I POST. It is not a difficult concept.

sc, simple question....do you belive both ads were wrong and in poor taste? Yes or no?
    Bones, don't hold your breath waiting for an answer. I have been waiting for weeks for him to answer questions. Also notice a defense of this poster has been made and attempts to detract from the subject at hand and draw attention away from it.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Originally posted by Bones42
    sc, simple question....do you belive both ads were wrong and in poor taste? Yes or no?
    Yes,
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Or that someone owes Max Cleland an apology for being called to the carpet for what he is before this as is condemned! You are so full of despicable bile that your eyes are green!

GIVE ME A BREAK!
    For being compared to a terrorist. Yes, Cleland is owed an apology. Yes, he lost his limbs through a conscious action. He lost his limbs fighting a war in a place few members of this administration or his opponent participated in. Claims he had a bad knee.

I suggest Tagamet for your stomach problems.

And here all this time I thought I had green eyes because of my mom's Irish ancestry.
    Last edited by scfire86; 10-15-2004 at 01:10 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think comparing the Democratic Party to Terrorists is a pretty reasonable comparison.

Terrorism is also something someone "chooses" to participate in. Just ask the Pampered Pretty Boy from Marin County California, John Walker Lindh. You cannot compare Terrorism to a Physical Handicap. You might be able to draw parallels between Terrorism, Liberalism and a mental handicap, however.

Forum Member

SC,

Both sides have done some not to bright things but what was done with this flyer is WAY, WAY over the line. To make light of an entire group of mentally and physically handicapped individuals (retarded is a vile word that should never be used) is really despicable to say the least. I have a family member that has CP and for this flyer to make light of this just shows that the individual who designed this flyer and the people handing them out have absolutely no moral or ethical character what so ever.
    Last edited by FireLt1951; 10-15-2004 at 02:11 PM.

Forum Member

Yes,
    Thank you, sir, for the answer. I also agree.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

I think comparing the Democratic Party to Terrorists is a pretty reasonable comparison.

This is a great analogy except for one little factoid.

Prior to 9/11, the deadliest terrorist plot perpetrated on US soil was done by ultra conservatives.

MembersZone Subscriber

"Heartless Lib" is a great way to describe a person who is so disingenuous that he cannot discern the difference between an attack on one candidate by another (much liek calling the President a "liar" and insinuating that he knew ahead of time about 9/11) to a vicious, hateful ad that makes fun of mentally and physically challenged kids.

There are many other words, but I can't get banned 17 days from the election.

Forum Member

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    "Heartless Lib" is a great way to describe a person who is so disingenuous that he cannot discern the difference between an attack on one candidate by another (much liek calling the President a "liar" and insinuating that he knew ahead of time about 9/11) to a vicious, hateful ad that makes fun of mentally and physically challenged kids.

There are many other words, but I can't get banned 17 days from the election.
    When have I ever insinuated any of the above attacks on the POTUS?

And I will be just as outraged as you when I see the same level of indignation coming from conservatives over the sleazy tactics of GOP politicos.

the 4-1-4

Originally posted by scfire86

This is a great analogy except for one little factoid.

Prior to 9/11, the deadliest terrorist plot perpetrated on US soil was done by ultra conservatives.
    Boy, and here I thought all along that McVeigh was only ****ed at the ATF. McVeigh never claimed to have a religous or political motivation for his attack. He was upset over how the ATF handled Waco, and Ruby Ridge among other things. I personally have no knowledge of how McVeigh voted.

MembersZone Subscriber

When have I ever insinuated any of the above attacks on the POTUS?
    I never said that you did. That would be the attacks put forth by the honorable dems that were running for Pres.

And I will be just as outraged as you when I see the same level of indignation coming from conservatives over the sleazy tactics of GOP politicos.
    You are a gutless partisan who is just like Kerry in two ways.
    1. You would say or do anything to advance your cause.
    2. You have zero respect in the world.

Boy, and here I thought all along that McVeigh was only ****ed at the ATF. McVeigh never claimed to have a religous or political motivation for his attack. He was upset over how the ATF handled Waco, and Ruby Ridge among other things. I personally have no knowledge of how McVeigh voted.
    jasper, this is another favorite lib lie. McVeigh was a nut who had a grudge against the ATF. Nothing more, nothing less. Tot his day, we do not know the religion or political afiliation of McVeigh.

Forum Member

I never said that you did. That would be the attacks put forth by the honorable dems that were running for Pres.

And they have received the same in kind from those GOP candidates running for Pres and VP.

You are a gutless partisan who is just like Kerry in two ways.
    1. You would say or do anything to advance your cause.
    2. You have zero respect in the world.

Yawn. I've been called worse by better people.

jasper, this is another favorite lib lie. McVeigh was a nut who had a grudge against the ATF. Nothing more, nothing less. Tot his day, we do not know the religion or political afiliation of McVeigh.

His letters don't exactly sound like a tree hugging liberal now do they? They sound more like a good govt hating conservative.
    Last edited by scfire86; 10-15-2004 at 05:37 PM.

the 4-1-4

We'll just ignore the ignorant comment you referenced towards conservative thinking people. I did in fact go and look at your link, just for grins and the fact I was bored tonight. I'm not going to say much, except that I highly doubt that those letters are a direct quote from McVeigh, being that he was a "good government hating conservative" and all. Your words here, not mine. The spelling of certain words is highly english in nature, and I'm sure I won't need to tell which words I am talking about, as is some of the grammar. Not really a big deal, except that any validity as to the original content of his letters is negated. Even if the words and grammar in question is just the "english translation", how do we know what was or was not changed for a specefic purpose or agenda.

It is unforunate that some people hate other people of a differant ideology so much. We all need each other to co-exist, sort of to balance out if you will. Hatred is not meant to be present for this to happen, yet more and more is becoming evident as this election is approached.

Forum Member

What I find interesting is the double standard. Somehow we liberals are supposed to be ashamed of this tactic as being sleazy and classless.

But yet when I point out similar tactics by the conservatives, it is somehow different. It only proves that anything can be rationalized.

I remember when Rush Limbaugh put up a picture of then 12 year old Chelsea Clinton in her braces laden and gawky stage and called her the White House dog. I saw a tape of the episode and both he and his conservative audience laughed as if though it were one of the funniest things they had ever seen. I wonder how many on this board would have sit idly by if their 12 year old daughters had been demeaned in such a way. Yet conservatives did just that. Limbaugh initially tried to blame a staffer. Yet another example of his hypocrisy. He claims people should be personally responsible yet he always manages to blame someone else for his human foibles. Before any of you get wacked on me over this. Limbaugh's show was tape delayed and the episode could have easily been edited out. And more importantly, if that was not the picture that was supposed to be shown (although everyone knew there was no canine in the White House) he has never explained which picture should have been shown in its place. So you'll just have to excuse me if I don't get to worked up over this. Politics is a contact sport according to GOP strategest Lynn Nofziger. And if you don't have the stomach for it, do something else.

So please don't lecture me on sleazy tactics. I've been watching the GOP perform the same for years towards Dems and there is never any of the righteous indignation we are supposed to have over this incident.

MembersZone Subscriber

I've been a fan of Rush for a long time. I remember his TV show vividly. I do not remember anything like what you are talking about. But I will assume that, since you posted about it in such detail, that it did happen.

HE WAS WRONG! Plain and simple. There was no need for it. There was absolutely no excuse to make fun of a little girl to gain a laugh. In reality, Chelsea spent 8 years in the White House and did absolutely nothing to warrant that type of behavior by Rush.

Although I am a fan of Rush's, I am not afraid of stating when he has been wrong.

And before you say it, he is not wrong for admitting his addiction. He IS wrong for misleading his listeners and fans if his hearing loss was related to the overuse of painkillers, as I suspect it was.

Now...can you admit your people were wrong?

Forum Member

Now...can you admit your people were wrong?
    You must have hysterical blindness. I already did on an earlier post.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Bones42
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply.

Yes.
    Last edited by scfire86; 10-17-2004 at 11:01 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nice try. Double talk.

Do you condemn the ad that was put forth by the Dem party in Tennessee? No double talk. Yes or no.

Forum Member

Nice try. Double talk.

Do you condemn the ad that was put forth by the Dem party in Tennessee? No double talk. Yes or no.
    Go have another beer Norm. If you can't figure it out you must be reading through the bottom of a glass.

No double talk here except for what exists in your scatological mindset.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by scfire86

Go have another beer Norm. If you can't figure it out you must be reading through the bottom of a glass.

No double talk here except for what exists in your scatological mindset.
    In other words, you refuse to condemn it.

Forum Member

In other words, you refuse to condemn it.
    Absolutely. For one simple reason. Given the track record of the RNC, the ad could be a response to something even more egregious.

I've learned one thing in this business is there are two sides to every story.

Forum Member

So once again you continue to justify or not criticize an action. You only say that since so and so did this, it is OK for so and so to do that.

You really ought ot be politician, you try your best to not answer a question and say it's OK because of someone elses actions.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Originally posted by DaSharkie

You really ought ot be politician, you try your best to not answer a question and say it's OK because of someone elses actions.
    No one here is condemning the egregious actions of conservatives, and then they run to the moral high ground. It is a hoot to watch such specious sanctimony.

How does it feel to have someone come after you in a manner you are used to attacking others?

Thread Information