MembersZone Subscriber

Default More Compassion from the Sleazy Dems

The Dems have outdone themselves. I refuse to believe that a rational, moral and straight-thinking individual could vote for people who stoop to this.

Go ahead sc and Noz...defend this.

This kind of sleazy propaganda should be beneath any politician or party, even Craig Fitzhugh and the Tennessee Democrat Party.

News Release

For Immediate Release: Contact: Dave Dahl Campaign
    731-287-8166

October 11, 2004 www.VoteDahl.com

Dave Dahl denounces Fitzhugh’s attack of Republican voters

Dyersburg, TN- Today, Republican nominee for State House District 82, Dave Dahl, denounced a flyer distributed by Democrat State Representative Craig Fitzhugh that attacks Bush voters and mocks those who are mentally challenged (flyer included). “Hard-ball politics is one thing and everyone expects tough battles, but using those who are born with mental disabilities for political fodder is disgusting,” said Dave Dahl on Monday from his campaign office in Dyersburg.

The flyers have been distributed for at least 2 weeks from State Representative Craig Fitzhugh’s campaign office on the town square in downtown Ripley, which also serves as the Kerry-Edwards campaign headquarters. Dahl said, “At first I really did not believe that Fitzhugh and the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics, but then people started bringing the flyer to me at the end of last week. I was shocked and disgusted.”

Dahl said, “In my first campaign against Mr. Fitzhugh two years ago, the Democrats conducted a negative telephone poll on my then five year old adopted daughter because she was born in Texas and not in Tennessee. I guess I should not be surprised that Mr. Fitzhugh and his crowd would attack Bush voters and call them ‘retarded.’ This is how the Democrats do business.” Dave Dahl continued, “The single minded plan for Mr. Fitzhugh and the Democrats in Tennessee is to attack Republican voters, attack those supporting Republican candidates and to ignore the real issues of the day: jobs, prescriptions drugs costs, education, security at home and taxes.”

“This kind of reckless disregard for those who suffer from mental disabilities is much larger than any state representative race. This act is so atrocious and indecent that my campaign will be sending a copy of the Fitzhugh flyer to the United States Special Olympics Committee, the Special Olympics International Group and state and national advocacy groups who work with and support special needs children and adults,” said Dahl.

Dahl concluded, “My heart goes out to the millions of families who have children and loved ones with special needs. To have their family members mocked in this manner is inexcusable and wrong from any perspective. These kinds of issues cross all political and social boundaries. I call on Mr. Fitzhugh to issue a public apology.”
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Unhappy

Despicable.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Nasty.

Forum Member

Should be interesting to see some of the fallout from this. Probably nothing but how do you justify it. Apologies are crap and useless for these actions. Its not like you don't realize that these things are going to be found by other people, and its not like you don't realize it is in poor taste. There is a line of decency when mocking any opponent or political candidate, or even celebrity.

What a twit.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Ya know what, Shark? We all do things that are in poor taste. This particularly hit home with me as I have a special needs son. But there is more to it.

This is sheer hypocrisy. The libs champion themselves as being the party for the little person, for the underdogs, for the common people. But in reality they don't give a rats butt for anybody but themselves. They don't care who they use or who they step on.

I wich that Pres. Bush would hold this ad up tonight in front of millions of voters and demand that Kerry account for it. I know it won't happen, but if all peopple could see what they are about, they wouldn't win one state.

Forum Member

There are absolutely no words to describe this action. This is definately a new low even for the demoncrats. George, I know what you mean as I also have a family member that is a special needs individual. I'll bet one thing for sure and that is the fact that the main stream media will never touch this and it should be brought into the national spotlight.

Forum Member

George,

I am not saying that we don't all do things in poor taste, but when you are a politician or a political campaign, you just need to totally think about any political ad or bulletin that you create.

Some twit didn't think this through.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

MembersZone Subscriber

Some twit didn't think this through.
    There is one of two possibilities.

1. Some 21 yoa spoiled rotten rich twit with a sheltered life thought that this was funny.

2. Some James Carville wanna be with a deep and abiding hatred for this country, especially Republicans, did this out of sheer hatred.

Question comes to mind...could this be a bias crime?

Forum Member

Question comes to mind...could this be a bias crime?
    No. Simply because it was commited by a Democrat or a Liberal. If this is done, then it can't be a hate crime.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by DaSharkie

No. Simply because it was commited by a Democrat or a Liberal. If this is done, then it can't be a hate crime.
    Silly me.

Forum Member

...Oh man....I used that line on SC and NOZ awhile back...for what reason...?????....Poor judgement...I guess...its just my aggressive nature....I think it was SC that fired back about how absured it was...true, very true....What amazes me...(well, not really) is that he has not jumped all over this.....????? Go figure.....
    IACOJ Member

Very disgusting. My mother was a volunteer with the Special Olympics for years. Her younger sister (and my aunt) is mentally retarded. How can anyone stoop so low?? How could any politician be so stupid? I think it's safe to say he will not get re-elected.

MembersZone Subscriber

Before reading this, I assumed you were talking about both John Kerry and John Edwards dragging Mary Chaney through the muck.

Forum Member

Note the lack of posts on the thread yet. Not a single shred of support or even an attempt at understanding this.

What a surprise.

MembersZone Subscriber

Note the lack of posts on the thread yet. Not a single shred of support or even an attempt at understanding this.

What a surprise.
    Gee Shark, sc was even here and didn't post on this thread. I guess even he's embarrassed.

Forum Member

The first time that I saw that poster was about 9 months ago. It was on a Jeep Off-Roading site. The copy that I had seen said "Driving a Honda is like....."

It seems as though maybe someone just took the idea and sent out a few.

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
    www.helpingourown.com
    "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

Forum Member

ZZZZZzzzzzzz.........

I didn't hear anyone get all wacked when the RNC ran an ad of Max Cleland morphing into Osama Bin Laden.

The man is a triple war amputee and he is compared to the world's most wanted terrorist, or 'terrist' as Dubya likes to say.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by scfire86
    ZZZZZzzzzzzz.........

I didn't hear anyone get all wacked when the RNC ran an ad of Max Cleland morphing into Osama Bin Laden.

The man is a triple war amputee and he is compared to the world's most wanted terrorist, or 'terrist' as Dubya likes to say.
    In other words, you refuse to condemn it.

There is an enormous difference between an ad that is directed at one man and an ad that makes fun of Special Needs children everywhere.

Forum Member

I never saw the ad so I can't speak of it now can I? I am not going to criticize an ad on yours or anyone's word.

Also, to say that this may be acceptable because of another action is pretty pathetic. That whole two wrongs don't make a right thing most of us were taught growing up.

Not only is it a personal attack in this situation, it uses a group of people, who for the most part, cannot speak up for themselves to criticize a President. Call him a twit, stupid, a moron, whatever you want, but to lack any amount of class or decency and insult him and those who have mental and physical deficiencies is despicable. By any party, candidate, or individual person. This aapplies to the Jeep/Honds post made - I know you were just pointing it out as an example, but that was just as wrong to do.

I'm willing to bet that if this were a Republican candidate that did it against a Democratic candidate, we'd never hear the end of it from the media, or you.

Forum Member

I'm willing to bet that if this were a Republican candidate that did it against a Democratic candidate, we'd never hear the end of it from the media, or you.
    Max Cleland is a DEM. And the ad attacking him was done in his losing race against Saxby Chambliss (R-GA).

And you didn't hear about it till now.

So much for your 'liberal' media bleating.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by scfire86

Max Cleland is a DEM. And the ad attacking him was done in his losing race against Saxby Chambliss (R-GA).

And you didn't hear about it till now.

So much for your 'liberal' media bleating.
    Put down the kool-aid and try to follow me.

That ad was by one person against one person in a local race.

The ad in question insults an entire population of children with special needs in the US Presidential election. That would be the ad you refuse to condemn and are sticking up for. I assume you agree with it.

Forum Member

Default Surprise??

Is anybody really surprised at this? This right up the libs alley. Also no surprise that the kool-aid gulpers on here find nothing wrong with it. Oh but it is the GOP that is negative. These libs just prove more every day how twisted they are. How come Danny boy and CBS haven't done this story? Pathetic the whole bunch.

Forum Member

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Put down the kool-aid and try to follow me.

That ad was by one person against one person in a local race.

The ad in question insults an entire population of children with special needs in the US Presidential election. That would be the ad you refuse to condemn and are sticking up for. I assume you agree with it.

Try and follow this, Norm.

When Marc Raciot issues an apology to Max Cleland, I'll demand the same of the candidate in question for his or her ad in the local race.

You're getting all sanctimonious and trying to make us believe the GOP would never stoop to such levels. Considering all the conspiracy and otherwise crap we have seen come out of conservative camps the last ten years I consider myself fortunate that I still have bladder control at this point in my life.

Forum Member

Default Re: Surprise??

Originally posted by xploded
    Is anybody really surprised at this? This right up the libs alley. Also no surprise that the kool-aid gulpers on here find nothing wrong with it. Oh but it is the GOP that is negative. These libs just prove more every day how twisted they are. How come Danny boy and CBS haven't done this story? Pathetic the whole bunch.

See above post.

Forum Member

sc, simple question....do you belive both ads were wrong and in poor taste? Yes or no?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information