Greetings all!!!

First off... for those of you that do not know me... My name is John Whitinger and I have been a Volunteer Firefighter for almost 14 years now. Last year, while attempting to find the cause of severe headaches, I was diagnosed with a Grade 2 Astrocytoma - a brain tumor. The prognosis was good but I would need to have it surgically removed. In less than 3 weeks I was on the operating room table at the Cleveland Clinic undergoing brain surgery.

As you have probably guessed by now, I am happy to report that everything came out just fine! My wife and co-workers tease me about how easy it must have been for the doctors, considering the little ammount of brain they had to work with... I guess that is a joke I am going to have to live with for a l-o-n-g time!

Anyway, the surgery has passed and the follow-up checks continue but the insurance only goes so far. Every 3 months I have to return for an MRI and the insurance only covers 80%. That means that I have to come up with the extra 20%... every 3 months.

Well, I am not one for handouts... So I have taken some of my better photographs and created a 2005 Events in Fire Service Calendar on lulu.com. The calendar is a full 12 Months and has a full-color photograph for each month. In addition, the calendar is filled with information about events that have impacted the fire service right here in the U.S. From the Great Chicago fire and the Barnum & Bailey Circus fire to the East Ohio Gas Explosion and The Station fire in W. Warwick, RI.

I make $2 for every calendar sold... So please help spread the word!

Thanks to EVERYONE who has supported me and my family in this time of need... Even with 9/11, I never realized how important the firefighter brotherhood really is... Until I had to go though this.

The calendar details and purchase information can be found at: http://www.lulu.com/firestore