Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking This is politicly in-corrrect, therefore I must post it. It works this time.

"Now thats funny right there, I dont care who you are." -Larry the Cable guy.

LINK
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Angry

What the hell is the deal with the server??

Here it is anyway,

LINK

Whats the deal with the servers? I keep getting an error message when I make a new thread but not post.

Any way.

LINK

stm4710 I agree that was politicly in-correct it was also in bad taste to place a link such as that in a forum for firefighters. I hope you dont think a song making fun of 9/11 is funny. I may be over reacting here what does everyone else think.

MembersZone Subscriber

Par for the course Cap, it seems his Rectal-Cranial Inversion is flaring up again.
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-egh
    *** These are my opinions, they do not in any way reflect those of my department.***

It's not exactly making fun of 9/11...I think it's aimed more at making fun of "towelheads".

It's not PC, but alot of things in the world aren't either...

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Thumbs down

Pretty tasteless in my opinion.

Stupid jokes like that just serve to propogate false stereotypes. You know, sort of like the one that says Americans are rude, self-centered, and insensitive to other nationalities (and we wonder why it just won't go away).
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Originally posted by mcaldwell
    Pretty tasteless in my opinion.

Stupid jokes like that just serve to propogate false stereotypes.
    What false sterotypes? In the history of airplane hi-jackings how many were calm and collective white guys? Nope, all have been radical militant muslims.

FFB

I have been kicked off firehouse.com twice.
    Workin' on the hat trick?

stm, I'll admit, I liked it, and I don't care about what type of stereotype message it sends.
    All you people on your high horse thinking that feeling bad because this song may hurt some feeling, get over it. I've said it before, i'll say it again- radical, extremist, muslim terrorists don't like you, or me, or anything American.
    Why do people feel guilty about being an American?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

Default stm4710

I have heard that before and thought it was funny.

Mcaldwell, when you become "sensitive" to other nationalities, you get what happened on 9-11. If Canada wasn't so "sensitive" to these vermin, maybe they would not have been able to come into this country.

If you want to see what America would look like with John Kerry as the POTUS, look to the North at Canada (East of Alberta.)

EFD, I have to admit the "Hat Trick" comment made me chuckle. I miss Hockey....
    Last edited by TillerMan25; 10-18-2004 at 10:36 AM.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

It's funny...IMHO.

As for who committs hijacking, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_hijacking is kind of interesting in which group comes up in perponderence for the "significant" ones.

Wonder if hijacking has continued to decline since then -- and while the Sinatra parody may have been in humors, there's attitudes there that are important.

If we become a society in a straight-jacket of "politically correct" intolerance, we're in far worse shape then one that can joke around -- but still understand what is humor and what is reality.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Default Re: stm4710

Originally posted by TillerMan25
    Mcaldwell, when you become "sensitive" to other nationalities, you get what happened on 9-11. If Canada wasn't so "sensitive" to these vermin, maybe they would not have been able to come into this country.
    Tiller, post factually, NOT all the terrorists enter the US from Canada (I know you did not directly say that ALL entered from Canada, however, from the tone of your post it would seem that is what you are implying). That's a derogatory, inflammatory, blame laying statement. Does anyone know, statistically how many "suspected" terrorists cross the border from Canada to the US??? I'm not saying that Canada doesn't have a complacent attitude toward allowing people into the the country, however I don't think laying blame is right either. I have my views on the amount of immigrants allowed into any one given country and the liberties allowed to said immigrants, however, I'll keep those opinions to myself to avoid offending anyone.
    Last edited by PFire23; 10-18-2004 at 01:14 PM.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

NOT all the terrorists enter the US from Canada.
    No, but some of the 9-11 terrorists did and the guy who was planning on Blowing up LAX on New Year's Eve 1999 came through Canada. That's enough for me to pass the judgement.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Hey Tiller...read
    http://www.loompanics.com/Articles/FakeIDAfter911.html
    Before throwing stones.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

No, but some of the 9-11 terrorists did and the guy who was planning on Blowing up LAX on New Year's Eve 1999 came through Canada. That's enough for me to pass the judgment.
    Yes Tiller, there was a case of one being detained after taking the Coho to Seattle, however, the US has let several in through their immigration process in the past too. It does no good to dwell on "what has happened", the time has come to rectify and change practices to avoid similar occurrences from happening. Playing the blame game does not bring forth change, it simply passes responsibility and ownership of a problem from one to another.
    Last edited by PFire23; 10-18-2004 at 01:58 PM.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Regardless of where they entered this country, the fact remains that we are a tolerant society and don't want impediments to our enjoyment of coffee, movies, sporting events or air flights.
    We have been told by the highest courts that we must condone the beliefs/actions of those different from our's and that we cannot profile people based on religion, race or gender.
    With that said, I can't help but be cynical of someone with explosives strapped to their chest and let's be REAL honest here; there is only one culture currently more likely to do that than any other race or religion. I'll give you gender. Both men and women are blowing themselves up.
    The reality is that I am not as tolerant or patient as I once was. I am suspicious of particular sects. I have a strong dislike for people who would like to see indiscriminant harm to Americans.
    I like to hear that some were captured or killed.
    And I won't apologize for that.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Default Who's job is it anyway?

If Canada wasn't so "sensitive" to these vermin, maybe they would not have been able to come into this country.
    I don't think that it's Canada's job to protect our borders. That's why we have INS. We need to do a better job making sure that we let people in that have a legitimate reason to be here, that we track them when they are here, and ship them out when their Visas expire. And I'm willing to pay more federal tax dollars to pay for this just as soon as all the Senators and Congressman in the US Congress stop discretionary spending.

That means all of them, regardless of nationality, race, ethnic origin and religion.

If you want to become a U.S. Citizen follow the rules just like we are supposed to do in any other country, even Canada.

Sorry rant off now.

Default Re: Who's job is it anyway?

Originally posted by glowpop

I don't think that it's Canada's job to protect our borders. That's why we have INS. We need to do a better job making sure that we let people in that have a legitimate reason to be here, that we track them when they are here, and ship them out when their Visas expire. And I'm willing to pay more federal tax dollars to pay for this just as soon as all the Senators and Congressman in the US Congress stop discretionary spending.

That means all of them, regardless of nationality, race, ethnic origin and religion.

If you want to become a U.S. Citizen follow the rules just like we are supposed to do in any other country, even Canada.

Sorry rant off now.
    If Canada wants open borders with us as they were pre-9/11, then they need to take care of who they let on to the continent through their ports of entry.

Paying for such protection would be another discretionary spending, just one that you would like rather then one that others like. It is all a big balancing act, that for all its wobles is done pretty darn well in the agregate.

Thread Information