Thread: Hello there

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hello there

Hello, I am from Marion, Ohio and I am just starting the long process to become a firefighter. I start EMT-B at a local school here and after I am finished with that I will probably start the process involved to become a volunteer with one of the local fire departments. I cant wait to start school and i am willing to do whatever it takes for me to suceed in helping others.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hello I'm from Illinois. Just wanted to wish you luck on becoming a firefighter. It's the most rewarding thing I've ever done. Believe me the process seems long but the next thing you know you'll look back and have a couple of years under your belt. Good Luck and Stay Safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

hey trailboss, welcome.
    it is a long process in becoming a volunteer firefighter, it never used to be so. Most states I don't think require any training before joining, I know the state of Pa has talked about making the 88 hr essentials class a requirement but I have not heard anything about that in a while. I have been in two different depts in the past 18 months and I have gained a world of knowledge and logged well over 200 hours of training and I love it. I have yet to see the inside but that day will come in the meantime I will help assist in any way needed.
    Good luck on your journey in becoming a firefighter, hope all goes well for you.
    mark

Forum Member

Hello and welcome to the Firehouse Forums.
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Thread Information