Iím often asked what is too young or too old to be a firefighter. I believe it all depends on your burning desire and persistence.

Itís not uncommon to see candidates in their late thirties or early forties hired, especially paramedics. I encourage candidates to focus on their personal life experience when answering questions in the oral board. No one else can tell your stories of where your have been. Candidates over 30 years old have life experiences younger candidate canít match.

When candidates answer questions laced with a story that demonstrates they have lived the experience, they separate themselves from the other younger clone candidates.

I just received the following from an energizer bunny candidate that kept going and going and going when others would quit:

Captain Bob:

I have arrived at the moment, that before September 15th 2004 was only realized in my dreams, that was the day I received ďthe callĒ informing me that I had been chosen as one of the fourteen candidates to start the academy for Las Vegas Fire and Rescue!

I am 47 years old, yet very fit, I work out 5 days a week and have for years. I have my EMT-Intermediate Certification and a burning desire to become a firefighter since I was 10 years old. Some times life seems to get in the way of our dreams and plans, but I have learned only if you let it!

Three years ago I decided to go for my dream career, I had done everything I knew I could do to physically be ready for this demanding job, but I was oblivious to the testing and hiring process. That is when I came across your web site, Captain Bob your materials were invaluable in helping me obtain my badge. I followed your advise to the letter throughout the process from testing to oral interviews and the psych. Your insight is right on the mark!

Rob helped me with private coaching, and low and behold I am poised to start my dream career! Thank you is not enough to express my heart felt gratitude for your help in getting me to this place in life. I look forward to meeting you in person some day to say ďthanksĒ.
Ted R. Las Vegas Nevada

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob" Author, Becoming A Firefighter
http://eatstress.com/goldpackage.htm

www.eatstress.com

888-238-3959