Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Overseas Contract Firefighting

MembersZone Subscriber

hello there sr, the name is Matthew Alix, and was woundering if you could send me something on an app. i would love to traval and see the world. ive been a firefighter for 7 years and would love to learn more, take in as much as i can, learning is the best thing some times. So if you would not mind please email me back with more info, it would help a lot. if you would like you can email me at hfd472000@yahoo.com or you can send me stuff at 1160 Round Top Rd Harrisville RI, 02830, or call my cell at 1401-413-8127. well have a great night and ill hope to be hearing from ya.
    Sincerely
    Matt Alix

MembersZone Subscriber

Default overseas firemen

does anyone kno how to get in as a firefighter contrator. if so please let me kno bc i would like to work over in iraq thank you matt hfd472000@yahoo.com or cell is 1-401-413-8127

MembersZone Subscriber

you need to look in the americans overseas section of the forums.

http://forums.firehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=430

ask away but be sure to read the old posts
    Matt
    IACOJ
    The opinions stated here are my own and not that of any of my employers.

Default Contract Firefighting

Just wondering if anyone has current info of updates on contract firefighting? Noticed that the last comments wee in 06 and was wondering how things are now. Call volume, equipment, housing, pay, treatment of employees, safety are all concerns so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ben Phillips
    Ben@On-DVD.com

Default Chris Gale

I worked with you at Kwaj get in contact with me! Mark

Smile do you know?

hey, chief
    i was TDY to Manta 2001 to 2002. i'm not sure it was that time or not but i remember your last name. currently i'm DOD army civilian firefighter and thinking about go to Manta from job. can you tell me how much they get paid and other need to know contact info? i had friend who was air traffic controller(Joe Gonzales) but he is back in Texas. just need little info.
    my e-mail is firedawg0417@yahoo.com or john.choi2@conus.army.mil
    thanks

Forum Member

Are there any contractors that take people with less then 3 years experience, I have experience as an explorer and cadet and recently have gotten into the part time world but would LOVE to go overseas.... Anyone have any ideas?

Forum Member

Does anyone know of anywhere that will take you with less then a year (working) experience? I have experience as a explorer/cadet but only several months pay. And do your NFPA FF2 Cert and NREMT Certs count or do you need different certs?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default contract firefighting

anyone who knows of a good company to go to work for to do some firefighting overseas please e-mail me at bgroomemvfd2@yahoo.com

Permanently Removed

Post FYI Moron Spain

FYI Posted on American Overseas Forum

01-27-2008, 03:32 PM #1
    mustang65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Chief contract was terminated since the Project Manager didnt like his hard on approach and willing to make it better for the client the Air Force. Our Chief came to Spain experience a lot of complicated issues and was very succesfull in pushing the mission forward. He was left with a mess from the previous contractor PAE, equipment that is over thirty years, except the Fire Trucks.
    If you are planning to apply for the Fire Chief job this is what you should expect.
    First get ready to be run over by two sindical groups, the company PM is very quick to fire any US personnel, however is always providing assurance to the union that no union empoloyee will ever get fired. You never know how many employees are going to show up to work on any given day, is a real nightmare for the Station Captain. You are going to be promised the world and when you arrive to the site, the true story comes out. Most of your firefighters doesnt speak english, refused to do any upgrade training unless they get additional pay. If you are coming as a firefighter make sure that your contract is very specific on the work hours. Otherwhise the Company will screw you by telling you that you are a salary employee and you get paid no mattter how many hours you work for. Make sure that if you are bringing your family, you study the cost of living in Spain.
    If you like to party this is the place to come since the Project Manager doesnt enforce the alcohol policy, he doesnt care when one of the Assistant Chief's well known for his alcohol abuse shows up to work intoxicated. Tthis guy was fired from every other project that he ever worked in the past. He was a firefighter in 2004 and two years later he is occupying the Assistanht Chief role, he doesnt have any experience, lacks certification requirements or necesaary knowledge required for his position. Is probably the reason why the Fire Chief employment contract was terminated early. The Fire Chief refused to accept that type of behavior and requested numerous times to get him terminated however the PM will not support his request.
    The Deputy Chief doesn't have any experience dealing with any Air Force mission or requirements. He only knows how to get over the Fire Chief by going to the Project Manager behind the Fire Chief back. He doesnt recieve any respect from any of the shift workers because is well known his intention to back door the Chief.
    Your attitude here will suffer changes since anybody that comes in with good intention and wants to imkprove the mission will get a large bag of dissastifaction.
    I think this is a good place to work if the company start listening to the managers that are running the section.

Hope this brief will hep you make a right decision...Good Luck

Default Polar hard to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighter238 View Post
    If you're interested, I was a FF in Antarctica at McMurdo Station. They are ALWAYS hiring. The website is www.polar.org Try it for more info.

-Dustin
    Dustin, I can't seem to find any fire jobs when I navigate the site. Can you offer any help. Can you tell me what the pay and living conditions are like? I'm trying to decide between Antarctica and the middle east. thanks

Forum Member

Thumbs up does anyone no of firefighting contractors that employ uk firefighters

i am a ex retained firefighter looking for employment as a contract firefighter anywher in the world and i am also willing to pay for any training that would be requierd

Default Firefighters Website

My name is Mark Condrich, and I am a firefighter with the Cleveland Fire Dept. in Ohio. My partner and I started three websites dedicated to our men and women in firefighting, law enforcement and the military. You can visit our parent site at WWW.FOOTYSITES.COM
    From there you can access FOOTYFD.COM featuring full length,uncut fireground footage, FOOTYPD.COM featuring full length unedited police video and FOOTYGI loaded with uncut footage submitted by our troops.
    Our mission is to make our men and women in uniform LOOK GOOD! We screen all videos uploaded to the site to assure that it contains only positive content. We want the public to see how incredibly difficult it is for our personnel as they do their jobs. By watching us in action, they will hopefully appreciate the great job our public servants do on a daily basis. I encourage you to visit our three sites and upload any videos or pictures that you believe would help us to convey the positive image we are trying to portray. Thanks so much, and stay safe!
    Mark Condrich
    MCONDRICH@FOOTYSITES.COM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Exclamation A little worried about my dad

I'm not a firefighter, but, I'm kinda worried about my dad. He went over to Iraq for the overseas contracting thing recently, and I dont hear from him often, which really worries me. Is he set up on a base where he's safe from any terrorist activity? What is the likelyhood of him getting hurt or killed over there right now? Have there been any other overseas contractors that have been killed in the line of duty over in Iraq? Please let me know.. my email is tlandsx@yahoo.com. I'm not a regular subscriber to this forum so I might not see a reply from you. So, if someone could email me giving me the details, that would put my fears to rest.

Thank you
    T Lands

PS. If anyone over there in Iraq knows of a firefighter by the name of Robert Lands, please tell him his daughter misses and loves him.

MembersZone Subscriber

My question is if you can get certs while your over there to advance in your career for when you come home? Instead of sitting there like a lump.

Default Contract Firefighting jobs for U.K personnel

Hello everyone and let me pay you my respects to each and every one of you guys!
    I'm currently working as a full time Firefighter here in the U.K and have done so for the past 7 years, before that I was a Military Firefighter for 3 years providing cover on an R.A.F Air base.
    Hopefully you guys will be able to help me out as I have hit a brick wall trying to research any Firefighting jobs open to a U.K citizen.
    I am a single lad who really needs a new challenge and really I'll be open to any possibilities.
    I'm looking for some vacancies which will enable me to travel and reward me financially : )
    Thanks for any help with this.......Peace out

Forum Member

Default Overseas

Im a military fire figther currently about to get out within a month or two. I was wondering does anyone have any information, links, contacts, etc etc about overseas fire figthing jobs..Im looking for those jobs i hear that pay 100k a year. And information would be appreciated.. I can also be contacted at darrys00@Hotmail.com

Default I need help!!!

I am just about to graduate fire academy and hear a lot about contracts and because im still young how they could help me out so i was wondering if anyone who is willing to give the time could give me the run down on how to start i read the rest of the forums but none really give a start point for a rookie like me so any info on my first step to the best steps would REALLY be appriciated thank you much

my email is jtom_mcpherson@hotmail.com

-Jorden

Hello Im just about to graduate fire Academy and hear lots about contract jobs im BRAND new to it so if any one would be willing to give their time to atleast tell me how to get my foot i the door after i do my 3 years exprience because i would like to work on it now get what i need. would be greatly appriciated.

just contact me at jtom_mcpherson@hotmail.com

-Jorden

Does anyone have any website info for overseas contract firefighter jobs, such as in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Does anyone have any website info for overseas contract firefighter jobs, such as in Afghanistan or Iraq. Email me at e20b@hotmail.com

Forum Member

Retiring Jan 31st with 30 years Fed Firefighting here in Ca (DOD). All my DOD certs plus Ca State Fire Marshal certs from before the DOD cert period. Guess I just need to look at all of these companies different web sites, to see where to apply. Thanks for all the info here guys.

Default Kandahar Firefighter Info request

Good day everyone.

My name is Shawn and I have been a professional firefighter with Toronto Fire Services for 10yrs now. I was also in the Canadian Army Reserves for 14yrs, got out in 2004.
    My life has changed a lot in the past year, and I am looking for a change.
    I am not looking to quit my job with TFS, I love my job so much.
    What I am looking for is a different adventure.

Can someone tell me:
    How I would go about applying to become a contract FF in Kandahar?

How Long are the contracts?

Thanks

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by jakehoward View Post
    Does anyone know of any overseas contract firefighting jobs other than the ones in Iraq, ect...?

Thanks
    Hi Jake

I have come across someone recruiting for jobs in the middle east - you will get all the perks ie. saving 90% of your yearly salary(very realistic), free accomodation, free medical, and free transportation. But these positions are for Firefighters trained for airport services.

Email is fad5580@hotmail.com

Hope this helps good luck!

Default Contract Firefighting & Paramedic Jobs

I am interested in any and all information anyone could provide regrading contract Firefighting and Paramedic employment around the world. If you have links, reliable information, pay & benfits, working condiitions, as well as horror stories. I may be reached a danweber57@msn.com. Thanks

Thread Information