Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Overseas Contract Firefighting

Default A few Questions

I am considering leaving my current job with lack of hours to pursue a career in the private sector and build experience for my stateside resume. I am a NFPA FF1, Currently taking NFPA FF2, And WI EMT-Basic. I am also in class for my associate degree program in fire science, however my finances are putting that on hold. I am considering a private sector job to help pay for school when i get back and provide for starting a family once home. My question is this are those Certs eligible for DOD transfer? Does the experience requirements i read about mean career, or does my volunteer firefighting / Full time EMT experience count? If anyone is there or recently returned, are mortar attacks/ bombings still a part of daily life? I want to be able to re-assure my girlfriend, she is nervous enough about Firefighting let alone in a combat zone. I just want to get my career moving and a change in my job situation could not hurt. Any thoughts, advice, etc are appreciated.

Forum Member

Question Contracted Firefighter/EMT-B jobs

I'm a volunteer firefighter and was wondering how to get information on contracted firefighter/EMT positions overseas. Anything would help alot, and I know there is alot of opportunities out there. I was also wondering if I could do anything with a Fire Science Degree because I graduate this Spring with one. Like I said, any information would be helpful.

Thanks alot!

Forum Member

Read all the threads under america overseas and under federal a few doors down

Forum Member

I have read some of the blogs on here and was trying to find information on contract firefighting overseas. Some of the websites such as KBR and Wackenhut seem to not lead me correctly. Could someone get me in the right direction to find out how to get this process going?
    Thanks

Forum Member

Could you email me with some info on your process and how to get started, I've looked online at all these websites and maybe its me but I can't seem to locate anything guiding me to solid info. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Joningram19@gmail.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joningram19 View Post
    Could you email me with some info on your process and how to get started, I've looked online at all these websites and maybe its me but I can't seem to locate anything guiding me to solid info. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Joningram19@gmail.com
    What certs do you have??

Thread Information