Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Overseas Contract Firefighting

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Overseas Contract Firefighting

Does anyone know of any overseas contract firefighting jobs other than the ones in Iraq, ect...?

Thanks

Default Overseas Contract Firefighting

Yes their are

Halliburton has over seas contracts email me and i will give you the websites and info

FF522@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Firefighter
    Zack Janis

MembersZone Subscriber

Default interested also about FF overseas

I have put in a resume into wackenhut for Iraq but where else overseas. Can u please email the info, my computer will not aloow me to email this to you, sorry. thankyou

easyuninvited_98@yahoo.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Int'l contracts

If you're interested, I was a FF in Antarctica at McMurdo Station. They are ALWAYS hiring. The website is www.polar.org Try it for more info.

-Dustin

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Int'l contracts

If you're interested, I was a FF in Antarctica at McMurdo Station. They are ALWAYS hiring. The website is www.polar.org Try it for more info.

-Dustin

MembersZone Subscriber

I am in Iraq right now and this is a good place to get your foot in the door of Contract fire fighting. There are many places overseas that use Contract firefighting, most of these can be found by a simble web search.

The Beav

Default Contract firefighting

I am currently in Afghanistan working for KBR, a Halliburton subcontractor. Pay is excellent but befefits are not good, medical only. www.halliburton.com and look for KBR jobs.

Sandboxfirefighter

Default Contracting in Iraq

Hey,
    I just got hired by wackenhut, as a contract firefighter and will be sent to Iraq if everything goes well. I was curious as to what it was like over there I jus dont want to go in with a blank mind. Also what is the pay scale diff between KBR Halliburton and Wackenhut. And does anyone have any comments for someone new going over?

Thanks
    PTFD 241
    www.evanssmoke@yahoo.com

Hot in summer. Lots of rocket attacks. Pay scales are very close to the same. Wackenhut has a better benefits package..... Just be prepared for war like situations.

Default Iraq Firefighting

I am curently in the process of attempting to get a job in Iraq thru Wackenhut. Just curious if anyone can tell me what the living conditions are like. How many calls a day? And if anyone has info on the rules for the tax free pay.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Contract Jobs

I am in Iraq right now. If you're looking for a "Fire Department" job this isn't the place to come. But if you're looking for some extra money, this might be the place for you.
    There isn't a call volume since we don't run calls. I've been here for nearly 10 months and have had only two, yes 2, fires at my base.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Overseas Contract Work

All,

For those of you who are looking to work the overseas contract, here is some information.

First, if you wish to work in Iraq, living conditions are not the best at some locations. If you have been promised the apartments in Kuwait, think again. You may be assigned to some FOB location which means living in tents. You call volume in some locations will be minimal at best. The Green Zone may be the busiest of locations. The prime contract for Iraq is KBR, but Wackenhut is the subcontractor and will be your best choice for getting your foot in the door. Keep in mind, these are military contracts and you have to meet the minimum certification requirements, i.e., FF, you must have IFSAC or Pro-Board FF1 & II, HazMat OPs, Airport FF (depending on flying mission) and First Aid/CPR. Certifications from the mom and pop shop will not qualify. Additionally, you must have a minimum of 3 years full-time experience.

Afghanistan is a better location to work. There is higher call volume at both Bagram and Kandahar. Kandahar is rapidly expanding department especially with its airfield mission. Stay way from recruiters that promise you K2, Uzbekistan, this base is closing and you may be there on temporary status and not relocated. The prime contract for Afghanistan is KBR. The living conditions, vehicles and equipment are above par. There is a permanent fire station at Kandahar with a second under construction. Keep in mind, to go to Afghanistan, you must meet the DOD certification requirements, there are no exceptions.

For the middle east, there is Qatar and Saudi Arabia. ITT Systems handles the Qatar contract and Vinnell handles Saudi Arabia. Qatar is coming up for bid on its contract in the next year. Both locations are very good, with Qatar being the best of the two. Again, keep in mind, the certification requirements.

For those looking for a little South America action, DynCorp LLC (CSC) handles the Manta, Ecuador contract. It is a nice contract, but the pay is not as substantial as the middle east.

For the south pacific, Chugach runs the Kwajalein Atoll contract. This is a nice contract as well, but the pay is not as high.

All in all, working contract fire protection is one of the greatest choices I have ever made. Yes, it is a far cry from the big city response loads, but, for career inverstment, travel opportunities, and cultural experience, I highly recommend it. Keep in mind, not all contracts are the same. Some are better than others. Most starting positions, will offer the same pay and is non-negotiable. When you start to advance to the chief officer positions, then you can negotiate for salary, family status and the like.

I hope this helps. If you need actual websites or contact information, please let me know.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Converting IFSAC/ProBoard to DOD Certs

All,

I read through a couple of other forums and found there are questions on converting certification to the DoD Certification. Here is some insight for contract FF that will be of help.

First, you must have either IFSAC of Pro-Board certifications with actual serial numbers. When talking to the recruiters, you must indicate these are non DoD certifications, but are IFSAC/ProBoard issued. You can be hired with these certs.

You cannot, I repeat cannot convert your certification to DoD, unless you are working for the DoD under contract or for the military. Hence, you must be hired first.

Once you arrive at your assignment location, you need to get in contact with your A/C of Training or Fire Chief. They will need to write a letter to AFCESA, to request your certification conversion. You will need copies of your certifications that you wish to have transferred. AFCESA will review your certifications and then provide you with a DoD Certification equivalent. Please make sure that your certifications are true. I have had to terminate several personnel for falsefying certifications. There are ways to check, and believe me, AFCESA will check the validity.

Here is the catch, if you have certifications for HazMat Awareness/Ops/Tech, you cannot convert these certifications. You must actually take the coursework from the DoD program again. Yes, again. These are simple courses and are computer generated. You ask, if these certifications cannot be converted, how can I be hired. Simple, you fire chief, can coordinate with the Contracting Officer to allow for a time variance for you to take the course while at your work site. Depending on the relationship between the fire chief and the ACO. You can complete the awareness and ops in about a month and half, depending on how driven your training officer is.

Hope this helps.

Chris

MembersZone Subscriber

Default contract F/F

the following are a list of Co's
    Vinnell (Saudi Arabia)
    PaeGroup (Afghainstan, Equridore, Bahrain)
    Wackenhut (3 locations in USA then theres IRAQ)
    Raytheon soome US jobs but there big one in the South Pole.
    KBR (all over the place)
    Combat support inc (Kuwait)

there are 2 others but can remember them right now
    you can check with Internationaljobs.com and USAjobs.com use the by key word search
    If you think life is bad where you work now be a contract F/F.
    no union to protect you
    rule by day to day
    lots of $$$$$$$$$
    lots of bizzzzzzzzzzzy work
    a chance to see the world
    I hope this helps any one looking and mplease save your self much hard ship Get Ifsac/ ProBoard Certs

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Major Contract Work Coming

Quote Originally Posted by firemanphil1972
    I am curently in the process of attempting to get a job in Iraq thru Wackenhut. Just curious if anyone can tell me what the living conditions are like. How many calls a day? And if anyone has info on the rules for the tax free pay.
    All,

After extensive research, there are two major worldwide contracts up for bid right now. AFCAP III is an Air Force contract as is nearing the award schedule hopefully in the next two weeks. Fire protection will be a requirement with the exception that it will be for projects outside of the U.S.

The next one on the books is LOGCAP IV. This is mother of all contracts. It appears that it will not happen until about 2007. This contract is being broken down to several different world regions with a maximum of 3 prime vendors to run the contract. LOGCAP IV will be an Army contract, but they may be incorporating AFCAP into the picture.

More to come..

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by galebagram2u
    All,

For those of you who are looking to work the overseas contract, here is some information.

First, if you wish to work in Iraq, living conditions are not the best at some locations. If you have been promised the apartments in Kuwait, think again. You may be assigned to some FOB location which means living in tents. You call volume in some locations will be minimal at best. The Green Zone may be the busiest of locations. The prime contract for Iraq is KBR, but Wackenhut is the subcontractor and will be your best choice for getting your foot in the door. Keep in mind, these are military contracts and you have to meet the minimum certification requirements, i.e., FF, you must have IFSAC or Pro-Board FF1 & II, HazMat OPs, Airport FF (depending on flying mission) and First Aid/CPR. Certifications from the mom and pop shop will not qualify. Additionally, you must have a minimum of 3 years full-time experience.

Afghanistan is a better location to work. There is higher call volume at both Bagram and Kandahar. Kandahar is rapidly expanding department especially with its airfield mission. Stay way from recruiters that promise you K2, Uzbekistan, this base is closing and you may be there on temporary status and not relocated. The prime contract for Afghanistan is KBR. The living conditions, vehicles and equipment are above par. There is a permanent fire station at Kandahar with a second under construction. Keep in mind, to go to Afghanistan, you must meet the DOD certification requirements, there are no exceptions.

For the middle east, there is Qatar and Saudi Arabia. ITT Systems handles the Qatar contract and Vinnell handles Saudi Arabia. Qatar is coming up for bid on its contract in the next year. Both locations are very good, with Qatar being the best of the two. Again, keep in mind, the certification requirements.

For those looking for a little South America action, DynCorp LLC (CSC) handles the Manta, Ecuador contract. It is a nice contract, but the pay is not as substantial as the middle east.

For the south pacific, Chugach runs the Kwajalein Atoll contract. This is a nice contract as well, but the pay is not as high.

All in all, working contract fire protection is one of the greatest choices I have ever made. Yes, it is a far cry from the big city response loads, but, for career inverstment, travel opportunities, and cultural experience, I highly recommend it. Keep in mind, not all contracts are the same. Some are better than others. Most starting positions, will offer the same pay and is non-negotiable. When you start to advance to the chief officer positions, then you can negotiate for salary, family status and the like.

I hope this helps. If you need actual websites or contact information, please let me know.
    I am looking to leave my current fire job and go into contract fire fighting and try it out. The only website's I can get to and actually see where they do hire firefighters is wakenhut. Are there anymore website's I can go to and apply. I have tried searching for others but the main result is wakenhut. I just want to make sure I find the best company to go with along with the pay before I make a commitment.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default websites

Quote Originally Posted by ericrz71
    I am looking to leave my current fire job and go into contract fire fighting and try it out. The only website's I can get to and actually see where they do hire firefighters is wakenhut. Are there anymore website's I can go to and apply. I have tried searching for others but the main result is wakenhut. I just want to make sure I find the best company to go with along with the pay before I make a commitment.
    here are a couple of websites

www.dodfire.com click on jobs
    www.kbr.com , click on careers and type in fire for the search, you can also submit an on-line application from there.

www.kvrsj.com there they list different fire fighter jobs in the Marshall Islands

Forum Member

Default Manta

Hey Galebagram2u did you used to work in Manta? I think i might know you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Another one that knows me...

Quote Originally Posted by napoleondynamit
    Hey Galebagram2u did you used to work in Manta? I think i might know you.
    Yes, I used to work in Manta.. Something like, Fire Chief (only on the sober days) Now I am in Saudi on my way over to Iraq or Afghanistan. I got the green light from wife, who is now wearing the pants in the family.. Only catch is that I have to wait until January to leave. Which is o.k., that will ensure my EOS bonus to come through...

So who might you be??????

Chris

Forum Member

Talking

Chief,
    Itís so nice to hear from you, even though you probably wonít remember me, I was a volunteer firefighter in the city of Manta. I was the translator the night that Plasti Lopez burned down. But after a long night at Cadillacís, Iím even surer you wonít remember me LOL, I used to hang out with Bareis. I now work with WSI HQs in Baghdad, please send me an email, I would like to ask you some questions, and maybe if you donít remember me Iíll describe my self a little better . Take care,
    Christian.abad@halliburton.com

Thread Information