Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Red Sox!

Forum Member

Default Go Red Sox!

Lets Go Red Sox! WOOOOOOO!!!

Forum Member

I am in a rare position where I haven't decided who I am cheering for yet. I would dearly love to see Larry Walker win a World Series ring (he's Canadian you know) but I would also like to see this curse thing put to bed so Yankee fans would shut up for awhile.

I guess I will see who is playing with the most heart and go from there.

Or maybe I'll flip a coin.

Should be a good Series and the most important thing is.......

THE YANKEES AREN'T THERE!!!!!!

former FH.com member

Exclamation it was ugly....

....but it's a WIN BABYYYYYYYY!!!! Go Red Sox, reverse the curse!!

Talking ...and look at them and look at them go they could go all the way!!!!!!!

Beating the Yankee's was like beating the space ships in Independance Day. Seemingly invincable but once you find out thier fault they crumble like a terrorist camp in Afghanastan.

JEETER SUCKS AROD.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

HELLYEA!!! GO SOX!
    FTM-PTB/Leather Forever

LET'S GO RED SOX!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

Go Sox.

Let's hope that Boston can win the next game.

NOBODY COULD BLOW A 3-0 SERIES LEAD!

NOBODY COULD BLOW A 3-0 SERIES LEAD!
    Now that's just not fair.

So, no Sox game tonight...what time's the Yankee's game? OH! That's right! There isn't one!
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

GO Sox!!!

Forum Member

This would seem like a good time to write a song, please add a verse and maybe together we can write a classic. The tune by the way should be obvious.

Start spredding the news
    I'm leaving today
    I want to be a part of it
    At Fenway Park

These vagabond shoes
    Are longing to stray
    Right to the very heart of it
    At Fenway Park

I want to wake up in a city that's playing ball
    With Schill on the hill, it's a classic this fall

Take it from here.

Aaaaa crap.... ......it's been 80 years...since the Red Suxs won a world series.....and you gloat because they FINALLY beat the Skankees.....There is still a next season.....

Well it lifts me up to know that your hockey team still suxs....to bad we won't be able to see them get hammerd by the Devils this year.
    IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber

I've been an Yankees fan all my life. Grew up watching Maris, Mantle, Peppitone, Ford, Berra, Boyers, and others starting in the late 50's.

BUT, I'm a good sport. Congratulations Boston.

Ed
    I.A.C.O.J.-Member

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits".-Albert Einstien

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"-Milton Berle

Forum Member

Originally posted by emsbrando
    I've been an Yankees fan all my life. Grew up watching Maris, Mantle, Peppitone, Ford, Berra, Boyers, and others starting in the late 50's.

BUT, I'm a good sport. Congratulations Boston.

Ed
    Historically, I'm with you. Mickey Mantle was the second sports hero I worshipped. The first was a football player named Jackie Parker who you probably never heard of. The Yankees of Casey Stengel were in my view the greatest baseball dynasty of all time.

I am very clear in my view that I don't dislike the Yankees, I simply hate George Steinbrenner's business approach, which I think is bad for baseball. The Yankees, their history and their fans are great for the game.

With that in mind, I wouldn't poke fun at Yankee fans if I knew they couldn't take it and I am comfortable in the knowledge that they will give it back threefold, once they have the chance.

former FH.com member

Exclamation 1 WIN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(if I'm dreaming...please don't wake me! )

MembersZone Subscriber

I am very clear in my view that I don't dislike the Yankees, I simply hate George Steinbrenner's business approach, which I think is bad for baseball. The Yankees, their history and their fans are great for the game.
    You've said this before. But one fact is very clear. If all sports teams followed George's business model, there would be more parity among the teams.

Let's use the Green Bay Packers as an example. They might be in the smallest market in sports. About 102,000 in the city, classic midwest small town. Lambeau is built in the middle of a quiet, middle class residential neighborhood. It is a really cool place. Lambeau has about 65,000 capacity. Sell out every game.

You know what? They have another 65,000 on their waiting list. Enormous fan support that allows them to put a winner on the field and to continue to generate fan support. They invest their profit back into the team. That is the key.

Boston is a large market team that invested in the money back into the team and the result is a team that is one win away from a World Championship. They will have to invest heavily in the team this year, too.

Chicago is a large market team that has two teams that historically do not invest back into the team. The result is one mediocre team and a good team that year after year doesn't have the tools to pull it off.

The New York Rangers invested heavily in big name players. But their commitment was simply to sell tickets. Their ownership is disinterested in whether they win or not, as long as their are 17,000 pairs of butt cheeks there every night. That lack of a commitment to winning negates their investment.

George demands one thing...to win. If all the owners had the same commitment to winning, pro sports would be alot more fun.

7 straight wins, got to give the BoSoxs some credit, busting the curse, and playing with heart!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

"You've said this before. But one fact is very clear. If all sports teams followed George's business model, there would be more parity among the teams."

If all teams followed Georgeanomics there would be no sports because there simply isn't enough money.

"Let's use the Green Bay Packers as an example. They might be in the smallest market in sports. About 102,000 in the city, classic midwest small town. Lambeau is built in the middle of a quiet, middle class residential neighborhood. It is a really cool place. Lambeau has about 65,000 capacity. Sell out every game.

You know what? They have another 65,000 on their waiting list. Enormous fan support that allows them to put a winner on the field and to continue to generate fan support. They invest their profit back into the team. That is the key."

Totally invalid comparison , the NFL has a salary cap, if MLB had a salary cap we wouldn't be having this discussion.

"Boston is a large market team that invested in the money back into the team and the result is a team that is one win away from a World Championship. They will have to invest heavily in the team this year, too.

Chicago is a large market team that has two teams that historically do not invest back into the team. The result is one mediocre team and a good team that year after year doesn't have the tools to pull it off."

Many wrongs don't make a right, fact is we have one team contracted this year (Montreal) and at least 2 teams on the critical list.

"The New York Rangers invested heavily in big name players. But their commitment was simply to sell tickets. Their ownership is disinterested in whether they win or not, as long as their are 17,000 pairs of butt cheeks there every night. That lack of a commitment to winning negates their investment."

That's a great example, look where hockey is right now as a result of teams like the Rangers and the Red Wings. Don't think for one minute that MLB isn't closely watching the happenings in the hockey dispute.

"George demands one thing...to win. If all the owners had the same commitment to winning, pro sports would be alot more fun."

If all owners practiced Georgeanomics, pro sports could not survive. Period.

The NFL also shares it's television revenues equally between all the teams.

These sports owners have millions to buy a team and pay for the team's slaries, yet the vast majority want John and Jane Q. Public to pay for the stadiums that their teams play in.

Bob Kraft dug deep into his pockets to build his own stadium in Foxborough.. all he asked of the State was to make traffic improvements on US Route 1.

More sports team owners could learn a lesson from Mr. Kraft!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

More sports team owners could learn a lesson from Mr. Kraft!

I agree...he is a class act.

(BTW...Go STEELERS!! I couldn't be too nicey-nice what with this weekend's game and that!!!)
    May we never forget our fallen, worldwide.

I.A.C.O.J. Safety/Traffic Control Officer

E6511

"Who's Who Among American Teachers" - 2005, 2006 Honoree

Thread Information