Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indianapolis

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Indianapolis

Has anyone who took the recent test for Indianapolis heard anything?
    I was told it would be a max of three months, and we are rapidly approaching that date.

Forum Member

Letters should be out by the end of the year.

if you havent heard anything yet, your good to go.
    Serving Indy's finest at Wishard Hospital's ambulance services. And so proud of it!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for replying, I have since talked to them as well and found the same information.

Has anyone heard about any numbers: final candidates, number of possible hirings and the like.

Thanks

Forum Member

I've heard 100 are retiring at the end of this year. However that doesn't mean they are hiring 100! Letters have been sent out to individuals to come in for background checks. So if you haven't been notified you probably didn't make the first cut!

MembersZone Subscriber fieldseng2's Avatar

I'm not on the list for Indy, but I do have friends and associates at IFD. A reliable source told me that over 100 enrolled in the DROP program are retiriring at the end of 2005.

If I'm not mistaken...correct me if I'm wrong....isn't the list you guys are on is for multiple depts.??

From what I see the whol Indy area is booming unless you are looking to get on a major urban dept...any one of those would be a good gig...

MembersZone Subscriber

There are over 100 retiring at the end of 2005. Some are leaving now. We are about 30 FF's below our manning table right now. The chief wants to have a list of 60 to take to the merit board meeting in December. The class may be started in February but I don't think they know yet. I have heard as many as 40 hires for IFD. Backround checks are being done now. Letters to about 140 potentials were sent out about 5 weeks ago. Alot of the hiring after this first class will depend on the possible consolidation of all but 3 F.D.'s in the county. Hope this helped.

Thread Information