Forum Member

Default Chances for tanker grant w/o owning class "A" pumper

Just curious. What do you think the chances of getting a grant for a tanker if you don't own a class "A" Pumper? All opinions welcome!!
    Volunteer dept serving less the 20,000.
    Own 250 gpm booster truck, two tankers, grass truck, medical van.

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by THEFIRENUT; 10-26-2004 at 10:43 AM.

Your chances are as good as any body else's if you have properly filled out the application. Since I am in Texas I am wondering if you have filled out a HB2604 application. If not I would STRONGLY urge you to do it. It is a program that other state's fire departments would give their chief's wife up for! We just got a grant for a "large brush truck" which is actually an urban-interface pumper capable of both wildland fires and structures. go to http://texasforestservice.tamu.edu/s...ID=295&mc=fire to get more info and apply for the grant.

Default sorry about the url not working

Try this one http://www.tamu.edu/ticc/firedepartment.htm and click on "fire department assistance" in the green area to the right

Forum Member

I would wonder if the computer wouldn't kick it out since you already have two tankers? Of course I have no idea of your situation, but maybe you'd be better off trying for an engine/tanker combination, which I would think would make the computer happier. That way you get a Class A engine with a 1500 or 2000 gal. tank.

An excellent suggestion by Bigbend, by the way. There's lots more grants out there, if only we dig some. Look at Grants.gov for many of them. Good luck...

Thread Information