Thumbs down Fire Grants or Political Grants

I realize that I will get bashed for this, but I need to ask anyway...

Is it coincidental that the largest ever award of fire grants was issued five days before a hotly contested presidential election?

Why not wait until wednesday if it isn't political?

MembersZone Subscriber

It may seem that way and maybe it is. However, I think a lot of it has to do with that there simply hasn't been any awards since Octber 1st because of the end of the fiscal year.

Firehouse said in an article last week that this round would have over 1000 grants in it. I think it is a logical concern, however, we would have one hell of a time proving anything.

Either way, the fire service still wins....

MembersZone Subscriber

The first rule in government is COVER YOUR A**.

The second rule in government is that EVERYTHING is political.

Anybody that fails to understand these basic rules should not be playing in the game.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well since my VFDs didt get a grant this huge round...

I voted Nader!!!
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

MembersZone Subscriber

At least you voted.

Saying this with tongue in cheek... So please don't consider this bashing. But ponder this thought, since Bush didn't win in PA, I wonder how many grants that state will be seeing in the future???

FH Mag/.com Contributor

It won't make a difference since the awards were decided months ago. Scoring and ranking was over and done with in May. The announcements are drawn out to make it easier on the grant administrators, which is how the costs are kept down.

And PA went like it normally does, having lived there the 1st 26 years of my life: Bush wins everywhere but Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Kerry won 13 counties, Bush won 55. Just so happens those two areas have more of a population than the rest of the state. Details. W is in for another 4, and I'm just waiting for Bon Jovi and all of those other crybaby celebrities to move out of the country like they promised they'd do. I wonder how many people voted for W hoping it would come true?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by BC79er
    I'm just waiting for Bon Jovi and all of those other crybaby celebrities to move out of the country like they promised they'd do. I wonder how many people voted for W hoping it would come true?
    I wonder if FEMA will allow us to use any leftover grant funds to buy them their plane tix.....do you think we'd need approval from our grant administrator?

Thread Information