Thread: Professionalism

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Professionalism

Lucas County EMS, especially on 2nd shift, probably has the most professional dispatching crew in the country!!! Way to go guys!!!!!

Forum Member

Default Re: Professionalism

Originally posted by PFD109NFD107
    Lucas County EMS, especially on 2nd shift, probably has the most professional dispatching crew in the country!!! Way to go guys!!!!!
    ROFLMAO!! At least somebody thinks so, since our boss says we aren't!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Professionalism

Originally posted by firenresq77
    ROFLMAO!! At least somebody thinks so, since our boss says we aren't!!!!!
    Just trying to do my part.....

Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Professionalism

Just trying to do my part.....
    Thanks...... I appreciate it!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Professionalism

Thanks...... I appreciate it!!
    Do you think an informational picket is over the top?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not saying this just because I know you guys...Being the Whacker/Buff that I am, I spend countless hours at my full-time gig with the scanner blaring away. I have to say that the 2nd shift EMS dispatchers far and away give more information to the first responders and Life Squads than most of the other dispatchers do. And occasionally, they make me laugh too. Nothing wrong with that.

Keep up the good work brothers.

For further clarification...read the beginning and end of my signature
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Moe, one of these days I'll have to fill you in on the whole story. Kinda messed up. The people who do the job well, get spanked....... If you are a problem child over and over and over again, nothing will happen to you, whether it's because you work dayshift or they just think it's too big of a problem to handle, I don't know.......

Forum Member

plus ...........those of us troublesome people on afternoons are also the ones still runing the streets !!!!!!!!!! Eff those guys !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

You guys want to come down and give our dispatchers some training???

Last night I was dispatched for and 3 Car MVA with Injuries.........but no location. So being the sarcastic person I am I got on the radio and asked if they would be so kind as to give me a location of the MVA or should I drive around till I find it?? What a bunch of Morons!!!
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

Forum Member

I got on the radio and asked if they would be so kind as to give me a location of the MVA or should I drive around till I find it?

LOL I gotta try that one! We have a couple good dispatchers, and a couple mediocre ones. And one who will go on and on and on without giving you any real information. A call from her might go something like this:

"Engine 74 you have a medical emergency." <tones here> "Engine 74, you're needed for a medical emergency, a medical emergency. You have a patient who is dizzy and nauseous, dizzy and nauseous. The patient has not been feeling well for the past three days and has been throwing up since this morning. He's had the dry heaves for the last two hours, the last two hours. It's a white two-story house, a white two-story house, and there's a blue car in the driveway, a blue car in the driveway. It's right across the street from a house that's for sale. He says the doctor wants him in emergency right away. This is gonna be at 123 Pinewood, 123 Pinewood. Cross streets are Oakwood and Maplewood, Oakwood and Maplewood."

By the time she's done with all that, we could have been on the scene and gotten a set of vitals already! But no, we have to wait for her to finally give us the address, and then finally run out of things to say, so we can acknowledge that we got the call. THEN we go get in the truck and take the call. I've gotten to where when I hear her voice starting, I just head for the truck, knowing I'll get there before she's done talking. We keep a pad and pen in the truck so I can write the address down.

What's supposed to happen is they give the pre-alert message, then the tones, then they give the nature of the call and the address and cross streets. When you mark on the air in the truck, they give you any necessary background info.

*sigh*
    E-4-A
    IAFF 1176

MembersZone Subscriber

Ed, can she do all that without taking a breath?

You guys want to hear some less than stellar dispatchers, tune in 464.750 P/L 173.8 and check out the gobbledy gook that sometimes follows the phrase "Lucas County Dispatcher to Washington Twp. Fire..."

Some are really great and some are pretty much lost. It's not really their fault, most of their training is for the PD side.

Maybe if our levy passes today we'll have some money to get LCEMS or TFRD to dispatch us.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Originally posted by WTFD10
    Maybe if our levy passes today we'll have some money to get LCEMS or TFRD to dispatch us.
    Good luck with the levy, Moe........ I think you should go for LCEMS....... I've seen the other people at work........

Plus, you'd have me, Mr. Grumpy, doing it for you!!!!!!

Forum Member

It's not really their fault, most of their training is for the PD side.

Yeah, ours are like that too. I was just in another thread discussing combining PD and FD dispatch centers. I think those departments that have a 3rd party dispatch center are worlds ahead of departments like us, who have police dispatchers who occasionally (and grudgingly) put up with fire every now and then.

Ed, can she do all that without taking a breath?

Oh, no, she takes a breath several times during her speech. Almost a sigh, in fact. I really wish I could get a wav file or something of her dispatching - the whole tone is "I'm annoyed that I have to do this, but I'm just going to get through it." She's got a lot of seniority, so she's usually on there in the mornings. Have you ever scanned Boardman Fire, over here in NE Ohio? I don't know the frequency.
    E-4-A
    IAFF 1176

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ****BREAKING NEWS****

I've just been informed that our levy passed by a 2 to 1 margin.

Maybe we'll finally be able to replace our converted Ryder truck "heavy" rescue squad
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Default Re: ****BREAKING NEWS****

Originally posted by WTFD10
    I've just been informed that our levy passed by a 2 to 1 margin.

Maybe we'll finally be able to replace our converted Ryder truck "heavy" rescue squad
    Congrats, Moe!!!!!! I've been looking on the Lucas County website, but they don't have any results yret.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Good luck with the levy, Moe........ I think you should go for LCEMS....... I've seen the other people at work........

Plus, you'd have me, Mr. Grumpy, doing it for you!!!!!!
    ROFLMAO....Mr. Grumpy....You'll have to fill me in on all this.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by EdShanks
    Have you ever scanned Boardman Fire, over here in NE Ohio? I don't know the frequency.
    No, I can barely pick up departments in the Toledo area.

But I feel your pain my brother...
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats Moe!!!!

TOO bad Northwood couldn't pass our fire levy.

Forum Member

Congrats Moe!!!!

TOO bad Northwood couldn't pass our fire levy.
    Because we didn't have a "fire levy" per se........

We had a levy that included the PD and the Street Dept........ I was told by quite a few people when going dor-to-door- "If this was just for the FD, then I would support it. The PD and Streets already get too much money"..........

Congrats to WTFD and also to Springfield Twp. and Rossford FD's on passing their levies..........

I see our Northwood School Levy passed........ It was like 1280 to 1262......... Maybe it is a good thing..... Then they will (hopefully) leave us alone for the next few years so if/when the city decides to put a levy on it will pass......

MembersZone Subscriber

Did Rossford assist P-Burg twp. on that fatal house fire on 11/3, that house looked like it was really going.

Forum Member

Negative Ron..........thats in the Perrysburg Twp #2 district...........City FD & Medic responded ........I just saw this am it was a fatal.....
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

Forum Member

Hey Grumpy, that professional attitude must be paying off if the navy sub unit thinks you guys sound good. The color of the sub makes you and winkster sound more like commanders.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Fire40man
    Hey Grumpy, that professional attitude must be paying off if the navy sub unit thinks you guys sound good. The color of the sub makes you and winkster sound more like commanders.
    LMAO!!!!! Joel, does Capt. Nemo think we sound professional, too????

Forum Member

I am sure someone is ITCHING to post something here.......
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

Originally posted by Weruj1
    I am sure someone is ITCHING to post something here.......
    Actually, Sgt. Murphy, I wasn't going to say anything, but go ahead, Hollywood, tell them!!!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Thread Information