Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Kerry Victory ?

I am not much into this kind of stuff, but since it is Halloween I thought I would post this. FOOTBALL + ELECTION

Did you know....??

The Washington Redskins have proved to be a time-tested election predictor. In the previous 15 elections, if the Washington Redskins have lost their last home game prior to the election, the incumbent party has lost the White House. When they have won, the incumbent has stayed in power.

This election year, that deciding game takes place on Sunday, October 31 ... vs. Green Bay..... Taken from Snopes.com

Green Bay 28..... Washington 14
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Lets just hope that it is all reversed for this year...
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Hopefully that won't come true this year. Break the curse like the Red Sox did. If Kerry wins it will be a curse.

Being a die hard Packers fan, it pains me to say this. The game was fixed and hence forth was not a true "win". Anybody who watched knows what I am talking about.
    Late in the fourth quarter, with the Redskins driving, an apparent touchdown for the Skins was called back on an apparent procedural foul at the snap. The call was two men in motion at the snap. Instant replay revealed no visible foul. The Redskins were backed up 5 yards, and the touchdown didn't count. Were the touchdown allowed to stand, it would have given the Redskins a chance at taking the lead 21 - 20. The following snap was an interception of quarterback Mark Brunell by Packers cornerback Al Harris which ultimately allowed the Packers victory.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But hey, if the Red Sox can win the World Series, anything is possible.
    Last edited by jasper45; 10-31-2004 at 07:30 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

The game was fixed and hence forth was not a true "win".
    jasper, I am glad I am not the only one who saw that and was floored! I could have SWORE I saw the Line Judge with a "Kerry/Edwards" sticker on his jersey...

I do agree, that was a bad call and I think the officials have been a crooked bunch for a while.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Should Kerry win the Presidency, more troops and innocent civilians will die while Kerry and Bin Laden reach a "diplomatic" solution to the war on terrorism.
    Throughout this campaign, Kerry has spoken over and over again about his plan to get America going again. He prefaces his remarks with "under my plan" at every turn.
    I have yet to hear anything that remotely resembles a plan coming out of Kerry's mouth.
    At least we have seen some of Bush's successes and failures.
    I'm still going with experience. This isn't the time to elect someone who will require on the job training.
    I am sure that Kerry appreciates the endorsement of the number one terrorist in the world.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Originally posted by ChiefReason
    Should Kerry win the Presidency, more troops and innocent civilians will die while Kerry and Bin Laden reach a "diplomatic" solution to the war on terrorism.
    Throughout this campaign, Kerry has spoken over and over again about his plan to get America going again. He prefaces his remarks with "under my plan" at every turn.
    I have yet to hear anything that remotely resembles a plan coming out of Kerry's mouth.
    At least we have seen some of Bush's successes and failures.
    I'm still going with experience. This isn't the time to elect someone who will require on the job training.
    I am sure that Kerry appreciates the endorsement of the number one terrorist in the world.
    CR
    I tend to agree with you, CR. I've mentioned a few times the past couple of days that I will feel a lot safer if Bush wins. Yes, as a Canadian I really do feel that my personal safety (and that of all North Americans) is better off in the hands of Bush than Kerry.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Boston RedSox made that stat worthless this week. Only way I can see it being a foreshadow of tomorrow in anyway is that officials made a faulty ruling taking away the win from the rightful winners.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

What will decide this election is 120M+ votes. America learned in 2000 that, indeed, every vote counts. (Not that every vote is counted)

I never pay attention to stuff like that. The Washington Redskins football team does not decide who wins the Presidential election, the entire country does. This year is different than all the other years. Bush leads in almost every poll. And it's because the American people see what a phony and a flip flop Kerry is. We know how he betrayed all of his fellow soldiers while they were still fighting in Vietnam with his vicious accusations against them. And we're not dumb enough to NOT vote for Bush solely because of the Iraqi war - a war we know John Kerry was FOR. We know Kerry said Saddam was a grave threat and had WMDs, and we know Kerry voted for the use of force.

Originally posted by Fire2123
    Bush leads in almost every poll.
    Zogby is a GOP pollster and he's calling it for Kerry.

Even Faux Jazeera has Kerry slightly ahead.

The only poll that counts is tomorrow.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

I wouldn't go that far, SC.

Both on realclearpolitics.com and electoral-vote.com Zogby has it either Bush or tied on the overall national level. Both are decent sites to see lots of polls together, one is done by the right, one by the left so any bias in either tends to cancel out when you read both.

BUT, the expectation is a potential tip in the battleground states (and thus the electoral college) towards Kerry making the assumption the current undecided, likely voters will go 2 to 1 for Kerry.

So after all this time, all this b.s., all these decisions, what it will come down to is the single-digit-percentages of undecided voters going into the booths tomorrow, and deciding if they're more scared of continuing the way were going with Bush, or more afraid of the direction Kerry would lead.

We do have the very, very real potential for the hard left of the Democrats to end up eating crow and explaining why John Kerry is the legitimate president of the U.S. since he won the electoral college, but lost the popular vote.

This is an election the Democrats should've had sign, sealed, and delivered months ago wrapped up like a christmas gift...and because of the flaws in our politics & primaries systems today they ended up nominating someone who failed to earn the trust and/or outright scares a lot of the middle of the road people. Their failure to nominate a fairly moderate Democrat this time around is something, especially if Kerry loses, that will haunt the Democrats for the next 12 years as the 800lb gorilla Kerry himself tried to invite to his table is still there sitting in the corner, for if the Dems couldn't deliver a knockout blow this year against GWB of all people, just wait till 2008 when McCain produces red like hasn't been seen on TV News maps since Reagan.

It'll be interesting to see how everything finally breaks out!

Matt
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

John Kerry is out on his last Hoorah tonight......... He will be coming here to Toledo and is supposed to speak at the airport around 2330 hours tonight, before he returns to Boston for the election tomorrow..........

Ohio is supposed to be a big swing state, but especially here in the Northwest Ohio area. Both candidates have been here at least 4 times during the election, in addition to each of the senators and/or their wives being here at least once each. In fact, Mrs. Edwards was here earlier today.......

Has been a very busy place. Will be very glad when it's all over.......

Originally posted by Dalmatian90
    I wouldn't go that far, SC.

Both on realclearpolitics.com and electoral-vote.com Zogby has it either Bush or tied on the overall national level.
    Don't know about realclearpolitics.com. But electoral-vote.com currently shows Kerry with 298 votes.

It is a dynamic site that changes several times a day.

Like I said. The only poll that counts ends tomorrow.

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

The polls in Illinois open at 6:00 am.
    I will vote at 6:05 am.
    Peter Jennings and ABC will project Bush the winner at 6:10 am.
    Yeah; that's how I see it.
    VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATES OF YOUR CHOICE NOVEMBER 2ND.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

shows Kerry with 298 votes.
    IF and I emphasize IF this is true, at least it is a clear victory. All I can imagine is another long, drawn out ****ing match again. Jesse Jackson up there screaming about the disenfranchised blacks, and the elderly ******ing that they couldn't understand a ballot.

All I want is a clear, decisive victory for either side so there is no whining 4 years later about being "selected" and "lost" ballots, or whatever.

I wholeheartedly agree, the only gauge of who wins is what happens today. Polls are fairly unreliable since you're only asking a few hundred people who they MAY vote for. Just 'cuz you're a likely voter doesn't mean squat if you don't actually go out. I put little faith in them, with the exception of if they all agree with the same numbers, then they are a bit more reliable, but I still don't bet the bank on them - Remember "Dewey Defeats Truman!"?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Originally posted by DaSharkie

I put little faith in them, with the exception of if they all agree with the same numbers, then they are a bit more reliable, but I still don't bet the bank on them - Remember "Dewey Defeats Truman!"?
    There have been a lot of stories regarding swelling of first time voter registrations. Which in itself has little meaning since no knows how or who they will vote. It is sort of a wild card this time around.

I agree I would rather it be a clear winner for the same reasons.

And yes, I remember "Dewey Defeats Truman". I have one of the tiles from his library.

Default Oh where, oh where, can scfire be?

Oh, where, oh where has he gone?
    to his fellow T.H.U.G.S. to whine & pout
    with tears for FOUR MORE YEARS

(this to the tune of Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone

Ya know, being a sore winner can be just as bad as being a sore loser. The guy supported his candidate. We may not have agreed with him, but he has his reasons. Even if yo uthink he would have done the same thing if Kerry won, just don't do it. It as disrespectful as the personal attacks going either way on the threads.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

The Skins will now turn it around and win the Super Bowl!!!!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Thread Information