Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Jim,
    I have no idea. I wish I had an answer for you. The phone message at DCAS said that they have appointed 74 off our list and currently up to 204. I don't know if that means september or december. I think they are going way higher for december's class. No one for that class has gotten a letter yet. I think fro516 should be close to that class. He should tell us if he gets a letter. Apparently the numbers are updated as often as possible. Who knows??? I sure don't. Take it easy guys. Good Luck. Train Hard and Stay Safe......
    Bryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Firemedic

if what you say is true, then that means that they are only up to #205 in transferring our files to FDNY from the city...but they said they plan on gettin to #425 or so on the hiring list, so i guess that means theyll still be investigating you while your in the academy?

as far as everything else goes, my friend spoke to our investigator friday and she said the letters go out in about 2 weeks, so if (god willing) i get mine ill post it up here first thing and let you guys know whats up. good luck everyone, keep the faith

Fro #262

That was what the woman told me . I have no idea. They might not update the list numbers they are up to until after the candidates accept and start the academy. Not everyone who gets a letter shows up, meaning they go to an alternate. So the final tally to what they get isn't probably done until like the second or third week of the academy. At least thats what I would think. So I figure that sometime in December they will have updated the list again. I am just trying to figure it out myself. I have an investigator and I am number 785. But the lady said that "not outstanding certification" means that they don't have my file yet. That makes no sense b/c I spoke with my investigator yesterday. So they obviously have my file. So who knows. Fro516, good luck brother, you are pretty much guaranteed. Let us know.
    Bryan

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks medic....fellas, my friend (#195) got his letter today to report nov.29th to fdny HQ most likely for the swearing in. if i hear anything else, it will be posted a.s.a.p.

Fro

Forum Member

I'm in the middle 600's and the only reason I know who my investigator is, is because I called the main desk down there and the women told me who it was. I got my investigators number and have called multiple times and left messages. I have not received any calls back.....talk about getting frusrtated!

MembersZone Subscriber

guys...just got my letter....i have to report to randalls island on november 29th to be sworn in and continue my processing....IM IN BROTHERS!
    Last edited by FRO516BMX; 11-18-2004 at 01:39 PM.

Forum Member

Default Academy

Fro,
    Congratulation Brother makes us proud!

Forum Member

I have had a VERY bad night, and that puts a huge smile on my face CONGRATULATIONS BRO. good luck

Congrats FRO516BMX!!!!!!!!! It looks like March will be more realilistic for me at just over 500. Good luck bro and try to keep us updated on how everything is going on the rock!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Rob
    Last edited by Scsufootball84; 11-18-2004 at 02:46 PM.

CONGRATS BROTHER!!!

Don't forget to keep us posted with any info/updates you might hear while at THE ROCK....

Work hard, have fun, and BEST of luck!!

DB

Default Letter

I just got my letter today.....Heads up to anyone who gets it. make sure you call the number ASAP..ive already heard stories of people forgetting to call and missing a class. Good Luck Fro, see you in a few weeks. Now the real nervousness begins haha.

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats nyckftbl -- good to see guys getting hired.

NYCKFTBL - what was your number?

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

MembersZone Subscriber

guys...just got a call from my aunt....i have to report to randalls island on november 29th to be sworn in and continue my processing

Your aunt? Yo brother, I would take that post down, if someone finds out that you falsified your address, not only will the D.I's embarass you after your sworn in, they'll probably send you packing. On the day you get sworn in they ask ALOT of info about your address, as well as other information. On the cooler side: Congrats on getting the call, you on your way to the Best job in the world. Some advice for the 1st day:

1. Bring a pen and pencil,
    2. Wear a suit
    3. Shave
    4. Have your hair short, but not TOO short
    5. DONT WALK ON THE SIDEWALK!!!!!

Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

congrats brothers, best of luck. be safe

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks fellas...ill be sure to keep you posted on our progress..

muttly - thanks for the heads up. What kind of info do they ask about your address though? I cant see them asking alot more than what they already have gotten from us, but anyways thanks for the heads up and for the tips. i cant wait!
    Last edited by FRO516BMX; 11-18-2004 at 01:40 PM.

Forum Member

So I guess it would be inappropriate for me to ask how you went about changing your residency to your aunts place Fro, because I will be in the same position by 2006 test . If you can help me out much appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

fdnyrules

the thing is i legitimately moved there, but i know its a big issue so id just rather not test the waters if you know what i mean.

Forum Member

Make sure you fill out the residency form.....

Exclamation Congratulations!!!

Damn I wish I was joining you guys for this class....or anytime soon for that matter.

But yes, a word of caution: They started to do my background for Dec's class and found I was not a NYS resident because of my address. (I didn't want to take a chance to have a falsified address.) I did ask my investigator flat out, "What if the address I give is where I will be once invited to the appointment date?" He said, "Is your name on the lease?" (Its not.)

Long story short, bye bye extra points and list #386. Had to sign a form and mail it back forfeiting them.

This drops me down into the 2500 range is my guess, but hey! The list is good for four years! There's still a chance even in the next one to two years (if not by the end of the life of the list)!!!

Oh the jealousy!!

Good luck brothers. Stay low. Stay safe.

bam
    Last edited by ffbam24; 11-20-2004 at 02:18 PM.

I am list number 17- .What goes on on the 29th? i know its a buttload of paperwork and stuff, but do i need to bring anything like we had to for the initial interview? all they said was bring a light lunch and a pen/pencil.

P.S. I moved to Queens in 2002, not necessarily specifically for this, but I cant say the FDNY wasnt my major reason. I made sure i had all the proper paperwork, such as lease info, bills and the like, i didnt want to take any chances. I havent run into any problems with my investigator THANK GOD, and hopefully it will all run smoothly. Anyway, thank you to everyone who has posted on this forum and helped all of us try to get on the greatest job on earth. Ill try to keep posting once the 6th comes around, but im pretty sure im gonna pass out when i get home everyday haha.
    Last edited by nyckftbl; 08-05-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Thread Information