+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

guys...just got my letter....i have to report to randalls island on november 29th to be sworn in and continue my processing....IM IN BROTHERS!
    Last edited by FRO516BMX; 11-18-2004 at 01:39 PM.

Forum Member

Default Academy

Fro,
    Congratulation Brother makes us proud!

Forum Member

I have had a VERY bad night, and that puts a huge smile on my face CONGRATULATIONS BRO. good luck

Congrats FRO516BMX!!!!!!!!! It looks like March will be more realilistic for me at just over 500. Good luck bro and try to keep us updated on how everything is going on the rock!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Rob
    Last edited by Scsufootball84; 11-18-2004 at 02:46 PM.

CONGRATS BROTHER!!!

Don't forget to keep us posted with any info/updates you might hear while at THE ROCK....

Work hard, have fun, and BEST of luck!!

DB

Forum Member

Default Letter

I just got my letter today.....Heads up to anyone who gets it. make sure you call the number ASAP..ive already heard stories of people forgetting to call and missing a class. Good Luck Fro, see you in a few weeks. Now the real nervousness begins haha.

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats nyckftbl -- good to see guys getting hired.

NYCKFTBL - what was your number?

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

MembersZone Subscriber

guys...just got a call from my aunt....i have to report to randalls island on november 29th to be sworn in and continue my processing

Your aunt? Yo brother, I would take that post down, if someone finds out that you falsified your address, not only will the D.I's embarass you after your sworn in, they'll probably send you packing. On the day you get sworn in they ask ALOT of info about your address, as well as other information. On the cooler side: Congrats on getting the call, you on your way to the Best job in the world. Some advice for the 1st day:

1. Bring a pen and pencil,
    2. Wear a suit
    3. Shave
    4. Have your hair short, but not TOO short
    5. DONT WALK ON THE SIDEWALK!!!!!

Good Luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

congrats brothers, best of luck. be safe

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks fellas...ill be sure to keep you posted on our progress..

muttly - thanks for the heads up. What kind of info do they ask about your address though? I cant see them asking alot more than what they already have gotten from us, but anyways thanks for the heads up and for the tips. i cant wait!
    Last edited by FRO516BMX; 11-18-2004 at 01:40 PM.

Forum Member

So I guess it would be inappropriate for me to ask how you went about changing your residency to your aunts place Fro, because I will be in the same position by 2006 test . If you can help me out much appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

fdnyrules

the thing is i legitimately moved there, but i know its a big issue so id just rather not test the waters if you know what i mean.

Forum Member

Make sure you fill out the residency form.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Congratulations!!!

Damn I wish I was joining you guys for this class....or anytime soon for that matter.

But yes, a word of caution: They started to do my background for Dec's class and found I was not a NYS resident because of my address. (I didn't want to take a chance to have a falsified address.) I did ask my investigator flat out, "What if the address I give is where I will be once invited to the appointment date?" He said, "Is your name on the lease?" (Its not.)

Long story short, bye bye extra points and list #386. Had to sign a form and mail it back forfeiting them.

This drops me down into the 2500 range is my guess, but hey! The list is good for four years! There's still a chance even in the next one to two years (if not by the end of the life of the list)!!!

Oh the jealousy!!

Good luck brothers. Stay low. Stay safe.

bam
    Last edited by ffbam24; 11-20-2004 at 02:18 PM.

Forum Member

I am list number 17- .What goes on on the 29th? i know its a buttload of paperwork and stuff, but do i need to bring anything like we had to for the initial interview? all they said was bring a light lunch and a pen/pencil.

P.S. I moved to Queens in 2002, not necessarily specifically for this, but I cant say the FDNY wasnt my major reason. I made sure i had all the proper paperwork, such as lease info, bills and the like, i didnt want to take any chances. I havent run into any problems with my investigator THANK GOD, and hopefully it will all run smoothly. Anyway, thank you to everyone who has posted on this forum and helped all of us try to get on the greatest job on earth. Ill try to keep posting once the 6th comes around, but im pretty sure im gonna pass out when i get home everyday haha.
    Last edited by nyckftbl; 08-05-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Forum Member

haha one more quick question for everyone who has gotten the letter or is already on the job....
    Is it normal to throw up when you read the damn thing???? lol i mean its the best thing i have ever gotten in the mail (besides that free issue of playboy my friends sent me) but then after the initial shock passed i got more nervous than i ever have before. Im not worried about the 1.5 mile run or the pullups or any of that first day stuff, ive been training a long long time for this. But its different when you are down there and not running around your neighborhood or working out at the gym. Did anyone else go through this? Because my stomach is in KNOTS lol.

Congrats nyckftbl!!! Does anyone know anybody else who's number is above 262 that has gotten a letter yet. I am just trying to figure out how high they are because my investigator said that i will be right on the line for Dec.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

nyckfutbol

dude i am right there with you....i was so happy and i was like floating the whole day on wedsnday, but now that its start to hit me that im actually GOING in, im getting more and more nervous....these next 2 weeks are going to be the longest i think since i started this whole thing...anyways, good luck bro...ill see you there and you are def NOT alone!

Fro

MembersZone Subscriber

Default last test given.

I TOOK THE LAST TEST THAT FDNY HAD ADMINISTERED I'M GONNA SAY BOUT 2 YRS AGO. WHAT R THE CHANCES OF GETTING A LETTER.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default OUT OF TOWNERS JOINING THE FDNY

ALSO I'M FROM PHILLY. WHAT R THE CHANCES GETTING A LETTER FOR THE JOB. I HAD A FRIEND OF MINE FROM DOWN HERE MADE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE INTERVIEW STAGES BUT TURNED IT DOWN FOR A MUCH HIGHER FF POSITION CLOSER 2 HOME.

Forum Member

Guys,
    I plan on moving up to my siblings apartment by the start of the next written 2006. In my head (right or wrong) I think I will be litgit. However, I will be in college in another state. I was going to pick up 2 utilities, change my license, voter registration, mailing address for the FDNY. Does this sound about right, I am going to be a resident but I am just concerned about the paper work to back it up. I know a lot of you guys were in this similar set back, and any help to make sure I dont get hung up on a technicality I would really appreciate. Thanks in advance good luck to all.

MembersZone Subscriber

GUYS AFTER U GET YOUR FINAL SCORE FROM DCAS THAT TELLS U WHAT U SCORED ON THE WRITTEN AND PHYSICAL AGILITY. HOW DO U KNOW WHAT YOUR PLACE IS ON THE LIST

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Guys -- wow, lots of posts in two days...

FFthomas9 - If you got your scores from physical/written test, you got your list number. It should be on that card they sent you with the scores on it. It's on the bottom left corner with "list number" - mine is 2363...

fdnyrules71 - I would think that if you change your residency to reflect NY you should be okay, but make sure everything is legit. For example, if your college grades or tuition bills go to some other location, you can get screwed, forfeit the points, and possibly get bumped down the list (see ffbam24's post down below -- Sorry bam, now we might be in the same class!) or worse, bumped off the list entirely.

As for you guys getting ready for your first day, you've been waiting long enough - you'll kick *** on the first day. Fortunately, I have time to master these damn pull-ups, the one thing that will kill me!
    good luck guys...

Jim
    martinez24@comcast.net

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Jim, wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? That'd be pretty wild to start with someone I "know" through all these posts. In the meantime, keep working on those pullups. I know I am.

fdnyrules71-I agree with Jim there. My understanding is that as long as your PERMANENT address is in NYS or better yet NYC for an extra 5 points, you should have no problem. Although your best source is the FAQ page and on top of that an investigator down at MetroTech. Some numbers are listed in previous posts.

But call and ask. Don't hassle. They will be up front with you.

Good luck,

bam
    Last edited by ffbam24; 11-20-2004 at 02:34 PM.

martinez24-

"For example, if your college grades or tuition bills go to some other location, you can get screwed, forfeit the points, and possibly get bumped down the list (see ffbam24's post down below -- Sorry bam, now we might be in the same class!) or worse, bumped off the list entirely."

Not sure about this statement. In my case I live in queens and commute outside of NY to go to college and the bills go to my parents house because they pay for my schooling. So that statement is not all that true.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information