+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

Default FDNY December 2004

Anyone out there get called for this class yet?

FDNY CID director Dean Tow states that the class size will be around 150-175, so they should be reaching list numbers ranging from 400-500...

Stay outta trouble and stay fit brothers!
    best of luck-

DB

MembersZone Subscriber

Proby2B

they usually send out the letters about 2 weeks from the day of the class, though i know guys who have only gotten 2 days notice! i figure the letters will go out in about 2 weeks or so

Forum Member

Proby where did you get this information from. Did you get it first hand from Mr. Dean Tow, did you get it off of a web site. This is how rumors get started man. No offense I am just very skeptical of info like that, u know how the city can be!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default NYC

Do you guys know where you are on the list? How do you know?

FRO516BMX-

Yeah, I heard the same...just curious to see if anything has happened thus far. From what I remember on the posts here, you had a great list number...so you're in the academy already, right? if so, was it 2 weeks for you? I'm in the 500's, so I'm thinking more towards the March class...

firefiftyfive-

I called and spoke with him a few days ago, so this info is as solid as it gets, unless they decide to change it within the next couple of weeks...(doubt it)

annemarie331-

after the written and physical exam, candidates receive a letter with their scores and list #'s...then they start the investigation/medical phases.

MembersZone Subscriber

nah no academy yet...im 262 so i figure i should be in in december, but as far as the 2 weeks thing goes, thats pretty much the norm they did with my friends in the past few classes....but hell if you rin the 500's youve still got a good shot at december too...hopefully ill see you there!

Default Sounds good

I am number 785, so I guess with the previously mentioned facts, I can expect May 2005? What do you guys think? All I am waiting to do is meet my investigator. I have done everything else. So Good Luck brothers. Train Hard and Stay Safe.

Forum Member

FireMedic87:
    Were in the same boat (#776) as a matter of fact I took the medical and Psych. test together, sat right next to you during the psych test. They already sent out reference letters to my sellected people.
    But at our list numbers, I wont count out March class just yet, especially at the ratio that their hiring at. We'll have a better clue after they appoint the december crew. You can call this number 212-669-1357 to get better info on your status.
    Lets cross our fingers!

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah - here's hoping they start hiring quickly!

I just went through the FDNY bulletins and noticed that about 10 guys dropped out of Randalls Island (so far), so there's another ten spots!

Keep well guys

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

Forum Member

Hey guys hope you all are hanging in there. I have a question about the DCAS computer phone 212-669-1357 if any of you have called it before. When I put my info in it gives my list # and total score ect. but also it said that I am on an outstanding certification ? But it doesn't specify what. As far as now I got called in passed the med, and psych. and have 30 credits, and cfr. Any body know what That means ? Also I did notice though that it still says that they appointed up to list # 74, which is not the current which is 158.

MembersZone Subscriber

hopeforthebest

i called up and it told me the same thing, and i too have passed the med, psych, have the credits and cfr as well, so i think its a GOOD thing, though i am going to give my investigator a call tomorow, just to be on the safe side ...if anyone does the same post it up if i dont get a chance right away

Default fdny medical

hey guys went for my medical on 11/10, i was ten over on the stairmaster i have to go back in a month.considering i havent worked out in a while it wasnt that much over.any suggestions on lowering my heart rate in the next month.thanks ps you have to walk 3 minutes without the vest then a rest than 5min 12 sec with the vest on.wish me luck #719

MembersZone Subscriber

beef72: Well, I have a bit of a wait to take the medical I'm number #2363... but here's some things you can do to help lower your heart rate, especially since you have a month to do it, and you were only 10 over.

1 - Do cardio every day, and the stairmaster at least 3 times a week. I go from a fast workout/low resistance, to slow workout/higher resistance as well as doing intervals in one workout to get your heart ready to adjust to different stresses. I would definitely recommend www.firefightersworkout.com - buy a custom workout and mention to Capt Stefano your situation.

2 - Lay off all caffeine and alcohol for a month (It bites, I know)

3 - If you need to, dropping a couple of pounds will help too.

4 - The week before going for the test, make sure you get some good sleep, and lay off all exercise 48 hours prior to the test so you're good and rested.

Good Luck Beef

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

MembersZone Subscriber

also, try not to look at the watch when your going, itll make you nervous and will actually make your heart rate go up (as i learned)try to focus on ANYTHING else, and just do nice deep slow breaths, that will keep your heart rate in check....good luck

yes i am guilty of looking at the watch in the last minute of the stairmaster test.I definately will not look the next time,i was only over ten so i should be able to get it down.One question for you guys,the medical division called me about my bloodwork and said everything is fine but my cholesterol is a little high so they want me to have another cholesterol test> Can this screw me up getting on?Any help is appreciated

Default List 2043

As of Tuesday morning at 1045 hours, they were up to list number 204 at DCAS. They have appointed 74 off our list so far. That was what the answering service said. It told me that I was not an outstanding cert. I don't know what the hell that means, but I will try to find out. Backdraft6, good luck to you too. I don't know if my people got their evals yet, I will have to check. You might be right, we might slide into March, that would be awesome.
    Beef72, listen I was like 10 over too, run like 5 miles every morning with that pulse watch, get em at sports authority. Do the stairs like 3 times a week. Thats what I did. It worked. Don't stare at the watch, it will mess with your head. Turn it upside down on the mill.
    Brothers, Train Hard and Stay Safe. Keep up with the relaible info, I sure will.

Did anyone find out what this means yet: "You are currently on an outstanding certification" thats what the DCAS number told me!

Thanks,
    Rob

Forum Member

Hey guys, I got a little bit of info for ya. Ok after 10 minutes of calling different people I was finaly given the number to some DCAS unit the # is 212-669-2244. I finally got this number because no one knew what an "outstanding certification meant. What I was told is that it is not bad. It means that your case file is outstanding to the city, meaning they still have to investigate you before they hire you. Its not that you are missing anything. That what I got out of the "conversation" with this person. You can call that number if you like to ask the same question. Good LUCK

To go along with firefiftyfive, if you got the "not outstanding certification" it means that you have not been sent to the Fire Dept yet. You are still in DCAS system, not with FDNY yet. Basically thats what the lady told me. Well take it easy guys. Train Hard and Stay Safe.
    Bryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Bryan

Not sure if you know the answer to this but here I go. You posted that they are up to list number 204 and have appointed 74 off our list so far. Was that for the September class, or does this include the December Class. The FDNY website says they've appointed 70 and up to list number 154...

Anything that gets closer to 2363 is good news.

Thanks
    Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

Jim,
    I have no idea. I wish I had an answer for you. The phone message at DCAS said that they have appointed 74 off our list and currently up to 204. I don't know if that means september or december. I think they are going way higher for december's class. No one for that class has gotten a letter yet. I think fro516 should be close to that class. He should tell us if he gets a letter. Apparently the numbers are updated as often as possible. Who knows??? I sure don't. Take it easy guys. Good Luck. Train Hard and Stay Safe......
    Bryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Firemedic

if what you say is true, then that means that they are only up to #205 in transferring our files to FDNY from the city...but they said they plan on gettin to #425 or so on the hiring list, so i guess that means theyll still be investigating you while your in the academy?

as far as everything else goes, my friend spoke to our investigator friday and she said the letters go out in about 2 weeks, so if (god willing) i get mine ill post it up here first thing and let you guys know whats up. good luck everyone, keep the faith

Fro #262

That was what the woman told me . I have no idea. They might not update the list numbers they are up to until after the candidates accept and start the academy. Not everyone who gets a letter shows up, meaning they go to an alternate. So the final tally to what they get isn't probably done until like the second or third week of the academy. At least thats what I would think. So I figure that sometime in December they will have updated the list again. I am just trying to figure it out myself. I have an investigator and I am number 785. But the lady said that "not outstanding certification" means that they don't have my file yet. That makes no sense b/c I spoke with my investigator yesterday. So they obviously have my file. So who knows. Fro516, good luck brother, you are pretty much guaranteed. Let us know.
    Bryan

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks medic....fellas, my friend (#195) got his letter today to report nov.29th to fdny HQ most likely for the swearing in. if i hear anything else, it will be posted a.s.a.p.

Fro

Forum Member

I'm in the middle 600's and the only reason I know who my investigator is, is because I called the main desk down there and the women told me who it was. I got my investigators number and have called multiple times and left messages. I have not received any calls back.....talk about getting frusrtated!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

Thread Information