Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default I know I saw this in a Calvin & Hobbes cartoon

Thank goodness nobody was hurt because this could have been a very bad incident but be honest now, haven't we all wanted to do this at some point in our schoolin'.

-----------------
    F-16 Fighter Fires At School In New Jersey

Incident Happened On Training Mission

POSTED: 3:56 pm EST November 4, 2004
    UPDATED: 4:44 pm EST November 4, 2004

LITTLE EGG HARBOR, N.J. -- A National Guard F-16 fighter jet on a nighttime training mission Wednesday fired 25 rounds of ammunition that tore through an intermediate school. No one was injured.

The military is investigating the incident that damaged Little Egg Harbor Intermediate School shortly after 11 p.m.

Police were called to the area when a custodian heard what sounded like someone running across the roof of the school. The custodian was the only person in the school at the time.

Police Chief Mark Siino on Thursday said police officers noticed punctures in the roof. Ceiling tiles had fallen into classrooms and there were scratch marks in the asphalt outside the building.

The 2-inch long bullets are made of lead and do not explode, said Col. Brian Webster, commander of the 177th Fighter Wing of the New Jersey Air National Guard.

It was unclear why the shots were fired, Webster said.

Musta thought he saw Osama on the roof!
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Did anyone check to see if that pilot attended that school as a kid.

That's one hell of a way to get some revenge on a mean teacher or principal.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Someone's going to lose their wings over this.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

This is about 3/4 hour away from me, so needless to say, there is LOTS of TV coverage on it. Watching Col. Brian Webster talking about this, I'm scared. This happened around 11pm on the third and by 11pm on the 4th, his best answer is "I have no idea why they would be shooting." Sorry, but after the guy landed, someone should have talked with him and gotten some "more comforting" answers than that. I would not be surprised to see this training area closed down for good. It's shut now, during the investigation. Local residents ain't happy.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

It is real simple, The DC Air National Guard is testing out the defenses of Jersey before the invasion begins next month.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

When I heard this story, my immediate thought was, that has to be in New Jersey. It was.

I will bet that the teachers will have no problem with discipline for the foreseeable future.

"Johnny, sit down, or I will send you to the roof to deal with the Air Force!"

I wonder how his grouping was?.....Hey...look on the bright side...atleast this time it wasn't a group of Americans, Canadians or Brits that were shot up by an ANG Junior Bird Man.

I forsee the pilot losing his wings, and the FAC losing his career....and quit possibly the squadron Co...losing his career too.

And this is why we need places like Vieques, Wake, and Barking Sands.
    IACOJ Member

Originally posted by VinnieB

I feel Jersey is just as great a place as either of those for our pilots to practice and gain experiance.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

I wonder how his grouping was?.....Hey...look on the bright side...atleast this time it wasn't a group of Americans, Canadians or Brits that were shot up by an ANG Junior Bird Man.

I forsee the pilot losing his wings, and the FAC losing his career....and quit possibly the squadron Co...losing his career too.

I don't know, Vinnie...how tight a group do you get with a 2o mm cannon at 7000 feet?

a 20 mm cannon
    Come on Vinnie, shout it - "GET SOME ! ! ! ! !
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Originally posted by DaSharkie

Come on Vinnie, shout it - "GET SOME ! ! ! ! !
    OOH-RAH!....20 mike, mikes....I'm gettin a cubby....
    IACOJ Member

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

I don't know, Vinnie...how tight a group do you get with a 2o mm cannon at 7000 feet?
    Well...I guess if he can hit a roof of a building.....I would probably say he did ok....tight enough I guess. But...you know if it were a Marine Hornet Driver...there would have been a better, tighter group.
    IACOJ Member

Well, if it HAD been a Marine Aviator, the janitor would be dead................One shot, one kill!!!
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

MembersZone Subscriber

Well...I guess if he can hit a roof of a building.....I would probably say he did ok....tight enough I guess. But...you know if it were a Marine Hornet Driver...there would have been a better, tighter group.
    Yeah. We had cops that shoot like that. If there was one hole in the paper, he would swear that all the rounds went through it.

Well, if it HAD been a Marine Aviator, the janitor would be dead................One shot, one kill!!!
    You got that right. Soemthing about the Air Force doing close air support. They're just quite as good at it as a flying grunt.

Maybe the Falcon driver was having a "Spaceman Spiff" moment.

Damn, I wish Bill Watterston would start drawing "Calvin and Hobbes" again!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Yeah. We had cops that shoot like that. If there was one hole in the paper, he would swear that all the rounds went through it.
    lol, seen that too
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Forum Member

Thats what I told my Drill Sgt. in basic training.

Tanker
    I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
    Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

Thread Information