Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but I ask first

2 12.50%
  • No........... Never, I dont' know where they hide it

2 12.50%
  • Yes I treat myself when they aren't looking and hope they don't find out

10 62.50%
  • How dare you steal candy from Babies !!!!

2 12.50%
    Forum Member

Default UH OH Why is it that .............

Why is it that my kids can barely keep track of their stuff but if I happen to sneak a couple of the "fun size" (gotta have more than one to make it worth my while) out of their halloween bags they KNOW the second they pick the bag up???? My 7 y/o comes trotting out this morning, hands on her hips..... "Mommy, did you eat some of my candy?"

So that brings me to my poll. Who else is guilty of nipping a bit out of their kids bags?? Is it just a female thing or do you Dad's do it too? Do you ask first, or just wait until they are not looking and hope they dont' bust you? Me, I just tell them that it's my "administration fee" for going through their candy and making sure it is safe hahahahaha
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

I dont fit into any of the choices in the poll. I havent taken any candy from their bags (the wife has)and we know where it is ......LOL
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

I'm option 5. Neither of my kids like candy so they give it all to me.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

My 7 y/o comes trotting out this morning, hands on her hips..... "Mommy, did you eat some of my candy?"
    She is VERY possessive about her candy, when I took the kids to IMAX to see Warren Miller's (ski movie) IMPACT Wednesday night, I told her to get some candy for me to take and she brought me TWO little packs of sweet tarts and that was it!! I had to beg to get her to bring more!!

One of the things she brought was a package of Red Nibs and she informed me that I could have 5 and she would get 6 because they are hers!!! LOL Poor thing was terrified they were going to take her candy away if they caught her eating it in the line-up and in the theatre.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

I vote for: "Turn-about is Fair Play". Ever open a pack of cookies, candy bars, chips, whatever? A day later.....GONE, nothing, nadda left but crumbs.

"Ok, who ate all the {whatever}?"

17yr old: "I had a couple"
    15 yr old: "I only had one"
    The Mrs: "I didn't have any"

My house must be haunted.

Forum Member

Stealing candy from a baby, that's just not right. What are you thinking, stealing candy from a baby. If you are so desperate as to steal candy from a baby, you should look into some kind of twelve step program to get yourself some help. O.K. enough teasing for now. What I would do was since my boy is only over every other weekend, was to let him take some candy back with him and leave the rest. but by the time he got back all the candy was gone because it had "gotten bad". Besides I don't have to steal much candy from my baby, since I still go trick or treating for myself.
    bunnie

MembersZone Subscriber

My fifteen-year-old doesn't care too much as long as I don't steal the Snickers bars from his trick-or-treat pillowcase. He keeps real careful track of those, so in order to safely continue my pillaging, I have to follow certain rules. My husband does the same.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Not Me...................

I am proud to stand before you today, and proclaim loudly that I do not take Candy from my kids. I do however, reap a bountiful harvest from my Grandchildren.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

It's so much different when it's grandpa taking the candy.

Permanently Removed

Default Screw them...

I cant stand kids. So I say steal their candy whenever you get
    a chance.

Forum Member

Default Childless

I am in the sub-group of people who eat the candy that parents steal from their kids and then bring to the firehouse. Thanks Kiddies!
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

I have a different approach, I just buy extra stuff or buy it half price the day after Halloween and stash it away for myself
    IACOJ

Forum Member

I just ask mine to give me a couple of candy bars, there are always some they don't like, namely Almond Joys which is what I'm after anyhow! Then I add mileage at the gym, good thing I like the treadmill.
    "Experience is the name everyone gives their mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Thread Information