MembersZone Subscriber

Post Testing in the Indianapolis area

Hey is there anyone out there who has tested with any of the Departments in the Indianapolis area. I am wanting to find out what others have done to help prepare for the written test. Also anyone know of what departnments are going to be testing in 2005, Thanks

Forum Member

i heard noblesville will be testing this summer and also wayne township will be announcing their testing process dates very soon. anyone know any other departments in the area testing this year?

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by brentlp87
    i heard noblesville will be testing this summer and also wayne township will be announcing their testing process dates very soon. anyone know any other departments in the area testing this year?
    Noblesville is taking apps right now. They are starting the testing in January. I also heard about Wayne and believe they will start fairly soon after the first of the year.

Forum Member

zcam630-

Was wondering if you know when Fishers, Carmel, or Pike will be testing?
    Also, do you know what steps and in what order Wayne & Noblesville use in their testing? Heard of any numbers they will possibly hire? I've been testing a little less than a year. So, I'm new to testing. I have gotten on two lists and made the top 20 cut-off on another departments written test but didn't go through their entire process. Some tests have questions directly from the material in the study guide...so it's all memorization. How you do on a test like that is directly related to how much study time you put in obviously. However, most of the tests I've taken aren't like this. The study guide, if there is one, has questions similar to those that will be on the test. I have my buddy, girlfriend or whoever make practice questions and tests for me. It's been pretty helpful.

MembersZone Subscriber

brentlp87
    Hey good to know that there is someone else new to testing in the area. Carmel and Fishers say that they are both testing in 2005, but not really hiring untill 2006. you can fill out pre-apps right now. Pike is taking pre-apps right now and as I understand it be taking formal apps starting in January. I have heard that they are going to be hiring in 2005. I dont know how Noblesville in runnig their test, i would imagine that there would be a written test first, since they only take the top 50%. I was told by a Noblesville FF that they have talked about mixing up the hiring process. I have tested with Wayne for civilian EMS and they ran written, agility, oral board, list. Who have you tested with and have you used any non-department study guides? Ill post anything else I find out.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any of you guys heard the latest about the consolidation between several of these FDs with Indy?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Noblesville testing

Noblesville will be accepting applications through the end of 2004. The process will start with a written exam, followed by a CPAT orientation, then the CPAT 2 months later. After the CPAT will be background investigations and the polygraph, then the oral interview. The intent is to have the hiring list completed by June 1, 2005. This will be a 2 year list (effective for 2005 and 2006). There will be between 6 and 9 hired in 05, and its too early to tell about 06.

Forum Member

zcam630-
    I don't own any study books. I've been to the library and looked through the books they have. I'm sure the study books are helpful, especially if it's been a while since you've been in school. Since there are so many different tests out there, I have tried to focus on the study guide the department offers to make sure I'm familiar with what will be on their test. I'm new to all this...but in my humble opinion the interview is the most important part of the process and needs the most preparation. Almost anyone can pass the CPAT...as well as the written for most departments. Do you know how Noblesville, Wayne or anyone else does their interview?

I printed an application off of Noblesville's website and sent it in a few months ago. Any idea when they'll be sending out notices for the upcoming testing process? Where do they have their CPAT?

MembersZone Subscriber

I havent hear of any thing else about the merger between IFD and the townships. What I have heard is that this is the mayors way of trying to get money for the City Department. Word on the street is that the City dosent have enough money. In terms of Noblesville, They have told me that they will be sending out info for the written test in January. That is all I know right now.

brentlp87--- I think your on the right path. I have also heard that the oral is where you get the badge. I recently recieved Cpt. Bob's program and have found a wealth of info.

Thread Information