MembersZone Subscriber

Default Does anyone close to ashland county use vindicators?

We are going to check out the vindicator nozzles and are wondering if people close to Ashland County are using vindicators?

thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

nope we only use Akron nozzles.
    AKA: Mr. Whoo-Whoo

IAFF Local 3900

IACOJ-The Crusty Glow Worm

ENGINE 302 - The Fire Rats

F.A.N.T.A.M FOOLS FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ff7134
    nope we only use Akron nozzles.
    Turbo Jets?
    Sabre Jets?

if you use foam, do you use the foam attachments with them for more explansion?

thanks

Forum Member

Akron TurboJets over here in Jelly City. We have the foam adapter for them, but have had decent results with the FoamPro using the nozzle without it.

Who makes the Vindicator? I think everyone in Wayne County is using Akron except for Chippewa Twp. who uses Task Force nozzles. You will find some Elkhart as you go north.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

MembersZone Subscriber

Rich - 1st strike technology www.1stStrikeTech.com makes the vindicator

I've heard and read a lot of good about them
    A friend that works in Columbus and it's suburbs gavet them a thumbs up

but as far as trying to find one around here to demo? You can't get there from here, Dorothy.

I'll keep trying......

We want to do a burn test evaluation, with and without foam using saberjets vs smooth bore vs vindicator nozzles.

When we get things ready for this test/eval/training, I'll post it so departments close by that are interested can attend

Forum Member

I'd also like to try one out......... I'd like to see us at least have the option of something besides the combo nozzles we have.......

Forum Member

'77 I agree we DONT have enough smoothbore for my likes over here either.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

All we have are TFT Marketing Gimmicks on the ends of our hoses...Still working on the bosses to try some smoothbores, especially on our 2 1/2" lines.

Good idea to test out the Vindicators first...BIG $$$

I met a FF from Union Twp. down near Cincy/Dayton who said they save their Vindicators for big commercial or defensive ops fires because they flow so much that they were breaking windows, drywall, etc.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

kick ***** !!!!!!!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Originally posted by WTFD10
    All we have are TFT Marketing Gimmicks on the ends of our hoses...Still working on the bosses to try some smoothbores, especially on our 2 1/2" lines.

Good idea to test out the Vindicators first...BIG $$$

I met a FF from Union Twp. down near Cincy/Dayton who said they save their Vindicators for big commercial or defensive ops fires because they flow so much that they were breaking windows, drywall, etc.
    Ouch....... Didn't realize they're that expensive!!!! We have prices for some SBs........ We are at least going to get one for the 2 1/2 on the engine, and we would like to get at least one for a 1 3/4...... We did find one in storage for 1 3/4 and have it on the engine, but haven't put it on the line yet. We want to get in some training before we do it........

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firenresq77
    We did find one in storage for 1 3/4 and have it on the engine, but haven't put it on the line yet. We want to get in some training before we do it........
    There's a great article on training points when switching to smoothbores on firenuggets.com

I'll e-mail it to you.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Originally posted by WTFD10

There's a great article on training points when switching to smoothbores on firenuggets.com

I'll e-mail it to you.
    I just got it, Moe........ Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firenresq77
    Ouch....... Didn't realize they're that expensive!!!! We have prices for some SBs........ We are at least going to get one for the 2 1/2 on the engine, and we would like to get at least one for a 1 3/4...... We did find one in storage for 1 3/4 and have it on the engine, but haven't put it on the line yet. We want to get in some training before we do it........
    Ok, the vindicator according to 1st strike techs website is about $750 with pistol grip ball valve. We are looking at the "light attack" Vindicator for the front jumpline when we get our new rescue pumper. The Light Attack flows around 90 gpm@50psi to around 200gpm. As they say in the car ads, your mileage may vary. It looks like they will be at our station (Perrysville, Ashland county) on the week of December 13th. We will have some sort of burn arranged to compare it to sabrejet, etc, hopefully with and without foam. The vindicator salesmen gives about 30-40 minute film/lecture/theory and then turns loose with the nozzle demo. I'll keep people posted.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Vindicator Demo

Perrysville Fire Station
    Perrysville Ohio 44864
    December 16th at 19:00 hours

Thread Information