Permanently Removed

Default Got seatbeat? (got to view this)

If you or someone you know is anti-seatbeat. Watch this quick
    video and it might change your mind.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=noseatbelt.wmv

Forum Member

WOW! Thanks bou! I am going to add that to my PP show.

MembersZone Subscriber

yea i saw that a while back when it first was put on that website....He's lucky if he didnt get hurt real bad..but then again it makes you wonder why is there a video camera in someones car??
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Forum Member

That was strange. While on camera he drives with no seatbelt, nods off at the wheel and after getting into trouble continues to drive with only one hand. Very strange.
    As for a camera in the car, well I run a dash cam when responding in my POV to calls but the camera is faceing forward not back at me. Mabye it was a study on the hazards of driving drowsy.

MembersZone Subscriber

it definatley looks real...but I'm just wondering why its like hey...I think I'll put a camera in my car today and Coincidentally fall asleep at the wheel and crash...its kindof odd..and if its fake....then it fooled me pretty good..
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

MembersZone Subscriber

Default You're joking, right?!

As for a camera in the car, well I run a dash cam when responding in my POV to calls
    I've not been one to get involved with some of the name-calling that goes on in some of these threads, but there is a first time for everything.

A dash cam in a POV....WHACKER!!

I can't even imagine why. Wow! I don't know what else to say about that.

Sorry to have gotten off topic, I couldn't help it.
    Lt. D. Gordon
    Greendale Fire Department
    Greendale, IN

Forum Member

Default Re: You're joking, right?!

Originally posted by gordoffemt

I've not been one to get involved with some of the name-calling that goes on in some of these threads, but there is a first time for everything.

A dash cam in a POV....WHACKER!!

I can't even imagine why. Wow! I don't know what else to say about that.

Sorry to have gotten off topic, I couldn't help it.
    No problem. We understand that you are a jerk and won't hold it against you.
    As I've said in past threads, the dashcam documents the fact that I respond lights and siren to the station or a scene in a safe and responsible manner. On at least 2 occasions when members of the public have accused our FFs of responding POV in a reckless manner I have used the tape of my responce to defend my actions. Sort of the "If you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to hide" argument. The camera provides proof that having lights and sirens on your POV doesn't always equal driving like a crazed maniac.
    Here's a old picture of the inside of the car before I tucked all the wires away and made it neat. Since that pic was taken I've removed the CB radio and one scanner. And you can see that the right side of the radio mount makes a great place to put a semiautomatic handgun in a leather holster.
    Stay safe and drive carefully,
    cellblock
    Attached Images Attached Images  

dazed and confused

Default error

error
    God Bless America! • Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™ • Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

dazed and confused
    God Bless America! • Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™ • Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Forum Member

Takes a picture of all his scanners and hoo-ha in his POV...I must concur...

WHACKER.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

MembersZone Subscriber

For the NASCAR fans out there...

Did you notice the guy's wearing an Earnhardt shirt?

If you've ever been to a race and observed the species in person, you would understand.

Forum Member

Ohh! EFD, you are such a dog!! You saw my Dale Jarrett avatar before you posted that!!!

Here I was, all proud of you for quoting Lewis Grizzard in that Canada thread, and you dump on NASCAR!! Hurtful!

Here's an e-moon!

OO
    II

Forum Member

Whether it's staged or real does not matter, although I'm hedging on the staged side. It's still a useful example to show.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Think he lived? I believe I heard a sh*t out of him. It also looks like his head got mushed.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

MembersZone Subscriber

Default For Cellblock

Cellblock, I have to say you certainly are a character!

Keep on truckin'

Last edited by sbfdco1; 11-10-2004 at 10:18 AM.
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

MembersZone Subscriber

Here I was, all proud of you for quoting Lewis Grizzard in that Canada thread, and you dump on NASCAR!! Hurtful!
    No, no, no you misunderstand!

I am NOT dumping on all NASCAR fans. I'm dumping on EARNHARDT fans!

As one that hasn't missed a Talladega Cup race since 1989 and a many-time Daytona attendee, (not to mention Darlington, Atlanta, need I continue) I feel I can speak with great accuracy about the behaviour of those devoted to the late Dale Sr, and his offspring. I can even describe the mating ritual for the male of the species: Remove your shirt, wait for a relatively quiet moment, yell URNHART, hold a Bud skyward with one hand and raise the other arm with three fingers extended. The female of the species will respond with a "Hell yeah" and the courtship has begun. Assuming they don't both wind up in the Talladega County Jail, the sky's the limit.

I will forgive you for misinterpreting my post because, being a Dale Jarrett fan, you must suffer in agony almost every weekend. After all, everyone knows UPS doesn't run on Sunday.

Forum Member

Jeez, you've gone from dissing my whole sport to just dissing my driver. That's progress...I guess. My daughter is a Rusty fan, so we commiserate every Sunday.

I went to 'Dega for the '03 fall race...I have never had more fun; my first race. Loved it. (Hey, could you snag me tickets??)

Permanently Removed

Default Wow...

Cellblock, that is a lot of stuff. I am not going to call you any names, but what kind of voltage draw does all of that suck?

As for the video, I am guessing that was just one slice of a
    bunch of video. Maybe an experiment?

Regardless, please wear your seatbelt.

Forum Member

I will forgive you for misinterpreting my post because, being a Dale Jarrett fan, you must suffer in agony almost every weekend. After all, everyone knows UPS doesn't run on Sunday.
    Not real big race fans in my house, except for my 6 year old son. His choosen racer is none other than Jeff Gordon. His bedroom is a mix of fire fighting related things and Jeff Gordon. I think if I ever found a picture of JG driving a fire truck, sons day would be made.

Tanker
    I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
    Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by EastKyFF
    Jeez, you've gone from dissing my whole sport to just dissing my driver. That's progress...I guess. My daughter is a Rusty fan, so we commiserate every Sunday.

I went to 'Dega for the '03 fall race...I have never had more fun; my first race. Loved it. (Hey, could you snag me tickets??)
    Just crackin' on ya EastKy, my dad is a hugh DJ fan and I love to use that UPS line on him.

Talladega grandstand tickets are on a renewal system. If you buy them from the speedway, then you get the chance to renew every year before they're made available to the general public. We've had the same seats for about 10 years. Still, it ain't Bristol so you can get tickets by ordering directly from the speedway. By the way, some of the best seats for the money are in the Allison Grandstand on the backstretch. The visibility is pretty good and lots of action occurs as the cars exit turn 2 - right where the grandstand sits.

The track is only 90 miles from my house so by all means drop me a PM if you're ever back down for a race. Anybody that knows Weyman C. Wannamaker Jr, Kathy Sue Loudermilk or exactly why "that dog would bite you" can't be all bad - even if they pull for a big brown truck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Since I've helped hijack this thread, I'll contribute to the original topic.

I think the video's real. There's a company called drivecam that installs these cameras in commercial vehicles. I didn't find this clip on their site but there are several with rear-facing camera views.

Make sure you check out the clip of the bus steering failure.
    Last edited by EFD840; 11-10-2004 at 05:43 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

wow...what a site...lol....Some of those videos are nerve racking....especially the one where they almost rear end that car that stops on teh highway talk about close calls!! I dont know what I would of done if I was that bus driver.... the last 3 are just funny especially listening to the people after they do the "MYSTERY" damage
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Forum Member

I've seen that clip before and wondered about it until we found the Drive Cam website........ These will be in Apparatus, next.......

OMG, that is the biggest WACKER rig I've ever seen. Amazing how the fewer calls you go on, the more wanna-be crap you need to feel important.
    Multiple lights, multiple radios, scanners (so he can "jump" calls he's not dispacthed to), and even a place to hold a GUN!
    I'm sure he lives in an inner city, gangland, crack-dealing area.
    Or maybe waaaaay out in the sticks?
    "Don't just do something, stand there!!!"

Forum Member

Originally posted by mittlesmertz
    OMG, that is the biggest WACKER rig I've ever seen. Amazing how the fewer calls you go on, the more wanna-be crap you need to feel important.
    Multiple lights, multiple radios, scanners (so he can "jump" calls he's not dispacthed to), and even a place to hold a GUN!
    I think your'e suffering from whacker envy.
    I don't see a place for a gun either, your'e lucky you aren't dealing with the "old Cellblock", he'd already have your address, phone #, Social Security#, DL#, mothers maiden name, credit card #'s.........
    IAFF

Thread Information