MembersZone Subscriber

Default Better not order that code 3 model of Rescue 6 just yet.

I read on the FDNY'S unofficial website that the newly formed Rescue 6 is no longer in service as of 3 nov. Can anyone add any insight into this decision?. Was it a budget decision by the city of was the new rescue not working out?
    "Never trust a smiling dog"
    Delaware F.O.O.L. FTM-PTB-EGH

Forum Member

From what I was told..it was supposed to be temporary, thru the Elections. So I guess it was part of the plan.

Early Adopter

Question It was a TEMPORARY company

No offense to anyone... But do people not read anymore?

I think that every story I read about the creation of Rescue 6 listed it as a TEMPORARY company. They were apparently created in response to potential threats relating to the party convention and election. Those events are over. The company has been disbanded. I just can't believe the number of posts I've read (here and elsewhere) where people express some shock over the chain of events.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry brother, I guess I didn't devote enought time to reading EVERYTHING there is to read on every subject covered in the fire service today. Next time, I'll try not to offend anyone by asking such a silly question , since I should have realized everyone already knew about this a long time ago. Silly me. What was I thinking.
    "Never trust a smiling dog"
    Delaware F.O.O.L. FTM-PTB-EGH

Forum Member

Exclamation Re: It was a TEMPORARY company

Originally posted by cozmosis
    No offense to anyone... But do people not read anymore?

I think that every story I read about the creation of Rescue 6 listed it as a TEMPORARY company. They were apparently created in response to potential threats relating to the party convention and election. Those events are over. The company has been disbanded. I just can't believe the number of posts I've read (here and elsewhere) where people express some shock over the chain of events.

When Rescue 6 was formed it was stated that it was just temporary, as the first article about the company read. Even the guys from the FDNY said this by posting it in these very forums.

I agreed with Cozmosis, it doesn't look like people read everything anymore.

Oh well, If there is a model of the rig I will buy it and put it next to the other 5 models of the FDNY Rescue Companies.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

I thought I heard a ruomr that a 2nd rescue was in the works for manhattan, brooklyn, and the bronx.....
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Don't know if you would want to buy a model...was'nt RES6CUE supposed to look like this...?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Forum Member

No, that is the lumber carrying truck for collapses.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Early Adopter

Originally posted by Smokeetr4
    Sorry brother, I guess I didn't devote enought time to reading EVERYTHING there is to read on every subject covered in the fire service today.
    If you'll read my post once again, you'll see that I didn't ask you to read every article on every subject within the fire service. I simply expressed my disbelief that so many people read the first paragraph of the dozens of stories about Rescue 6 without making it to the second.

Forum Member

I agree with coz.......... How can you read an article to know that there is a Rescue 6 in FDNY that even EXISTS, but not know that it was only a temporary assignment, since it has been said from the beginning.........

And that's not even counting all of the threads that have been posted on this very same topic......

MembersZone Subscriber
    MFD Truck 2
    The Workhorse Company

Forum Member

someone using my line again ? Not trying to beat a dead horse .............but YA COZ !!!!!!!! right on !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information