Thread: Houston FD

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Houston FD

I am one of a group of firefighters waiting to ship out to Iraq and we've been processing here in Houston before we go. We have visited a couple of the houses around the GW Bush Intercontinental and I would like to thank the Houston fire Department for thier graciousness and the welcome they have given us.

Truly a class bunch of guys--thanks!
    "When you are safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure-when you're having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home"

--Thornton Wilder

Forum Member

God bless you.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Houston's Hospitality

I have had the opportunity to meet and ride along with fellow firefighters from Houston. Their combination of Southern Hospitality and treating a brother firefighter right is outstanding...especially Station 68 "A."

Stay safe and come home soon...

Rabble rouser

Thumbs up

You were very fortunate indeed to go into 68's. Before I committted career suicide and came back home to the DC area, I worked there a handfull of times on debit day and enjoyed every single shift.

As a matter of fact, here is a link to their website: http://www.houstonfirefighter.com/68
    Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

MembersZone Subscriber

Jatkins, as a member of the Houston Fire Department, no problem. You guys deserve it. Be safe and come visit again. 68 "A" will buy dinner for you. Thanks for everything you guys do.

Lincoln, is that you? LOL. As a member of 68 "A", anytime your down let us know. Your always welcome.

Kobersteen, did you work for Fairfax County, then come to HFD, and then go back to Fairfax County? I think I heard the story, if my memory serves me. LOL. Good luck up there brother.

Stay low and move it in.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

Rabble rouser

Kobersteen, did you work for Fairfax County, then come to HFD, and then go back to Fairfax County? I think I heard the story, if my memory serves me. LOL. Good luck up there brother.
    I was a volunteer with Fairfax County, got hired by HFD, had a baby and felt homestrings pulling us back to the DC area. I'm now paid in Fairfax County.

I'm certian that there is another story floating around, but rest assured my leaving had nothing to do with a certian rat bastard. He is a ticking time bomb. He has blown before and he will blow again. Hopefully he won't take others with him next time.

Member IACOJ - Building crust and full of lust...

"It's okay to to scared, just don't be chicken." - Clark

MembersZone Subscriber

Ok, so I did hear the right story. LOL. No matter, good luck in Fairfax County. Maybe when I am up there in the next month or so, you can arrange a ride-a-long with a busy company for me.

Stay low and move it in.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

MembersZone Subscriber

Default It's me, Station 2

Yep, Larry...It's me...

Say Hello to the rest of 68A for me....Tim

unrepentant fool
    back home for the first time in MANY years

Those of you in the Houston area should go check out the brothers at Station 7. I went down there a few years ago and their crew is a class act. The old 7 isn't far away, and that's the HFD museum now.

Thread Information