Forum Member

Default FH.com adservers are very slow

hey Webteam,
    I've been checking out FH.com for the past 20 minutes, and the forum pages are taking a long time to load. I just timed how long it took to load the main forums page, and it took 55 seconds!!! most of the time it was waiting for data from either ad1.firehousezone.com or ad2.firehousezone.com. assuming these are the advertising servers to the site, they are causes the pages to load very slowly.

I am working on a shared T-3 line to the internet, and am having no speed problems accessing any other sites, only this one.

maybe it's a problem you can fix, or at least plan to look at upgrading the servers next time you do an upgrade?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

Default i have SLOW forums too

i never thought there was anywhere to put it, but since you guys went to the "new look," the forums have been comming up really slow. it used to not take anything at all for them to be up, now it takes a good 45 sec for it to come up.

just wanted to let you guys know.

Administrator

Try now...speed issues should be resolved..please advise.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Forum Member

much better, pages now loads in about 8 seconds. out of curiosity, what was causing the slowdown?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

and here I thought it was just me ...............it was a mighty long time this am ! I figured it was due to the new FH.com transition
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information