Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calendar

Forum Member

Default Calendar

My name is Dave Roe, I am a Captain with the High River Fire Department. We are celebrating the volunteers in our areas with a fund raising calendar. Proceeds from the calendar will go towards developing a regional training centre.

The calendar incorporates pictures from several of the Volunteer department within the MD of Foothills #31. The calendars are shot in black and white and have members standing in front of apparatus holding picture frames of themselves in their daily jobs. The calendar is very tasteful and also gives some stats and how long the members in the pictures have dedicated to their municipalities.

The calendars cost $20.00, but dont think of it as buying a calendar but as a donation towards a good cause.

for more information please contact me: droe@highriver.ca

Thank you for your support!
    Dave Roe

I saw your calander the other day. Some of our members were out at a controled burn a while back at the Ghost town site and there were some there. Those calandars are very well done. I believe there are a bunch from our dept. that will be ordering some.
    Good job, keep up the good work and stay safe

Forum Member

Thanks for the support, Here is a link to preview the calendar. Hey Dominique - did you get to the Ghost for any of the training?
    I was up for the first controled burns - had lots of fun apparently their is talk of doing more at some point next spring!

http://www.highriver.ca/html/ProServ...tml?editing=1#

Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave404; 12-01-2004 at 08:20 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber dburnemti's Avatar

Good Job Dave,
    Figures something like this is done after i move out of the MD. I like the idea though gives a more personal aspect of the job and some recognition to the employers that let the members leave thier jobs to respond to someone in need. Keep up the good work there and have the coffee pot on for when i come to visit.
    Dave Burn
    (EMT-P Student)
    Effort only fully releases it's reward on someone who refuses to quit!

Unfortunatley I didn't make it to the burns. We purchased a 100' Bronto Aerial and it's due for delivery any day now so I had to go up to fire etc. for my aerial course. From the comments on those from our dept. that went it was a really good experience and all had lots of nozzle time. Good fun!
    Hey Dave Burn, you didn't take your EMT with Life Support International a couple years ago with me did ya?

OH and by the way I hear rumblings of the MD allowing some burns in Seebee. Apparantly they may burn the whole town and divide it up for several dept.'s to be able to use. You hear anything about that?

MembersZone Subscriber dburnemti's Avatar

Hey Dom, as in from out west, just east of Banff.....yes I did take my EMT with LSI. How's things going brother? I am just biding my time here in Claresholm trying to get on with the Dept. here. They say you have to live in town for 6 months before you can apply.Hope things going well for you. Watch out for that Roe guy though.hehehe talk to you soon.
    Dave Burn
    (EMT-P Student)
    Effort only fully releases it's reward on someone who refuses to quit!

Forum Member

Easy their Burnsy... Seebee (or however it is spelled) Havent heard anything on it yet...Have to wait for the next safety codes meeting.
    Hey burns why dont you stop by - coffees always on!

Dom, Have you got an order for me - set some calendars aside for you guys - as for you Burns stop talking about it and buy one (ha pressure sales)
    Talk to you soon
    Dave

Unhappy

I am from the dept just east of Dom and it doesnt sound like the burns in Seebe are going to go ahead, but we are keeping our fingers crossed and if it does happen I will let you know.

P.S I was at the burns in Ghost the last 2 days. I think Cochrane has some pics on their website.

Cheers

Al

Here is the link to the Ghost pics.

http://www.cochrane-fire-ems.net/crestg/crestg.cfm

Forum Member

Thanks for the link to Cochrane - The next safet codes meeting is in High River (might actually make it to this meeting....)and they will be discussing Seebee. Burn a few houses anyway - dont know about the whole town!

Thread Information